Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Title Bout Championship Boxing > TBCB Mods

Old 07-02-2008, 04:00 PM   #1
Jersey-Jim
Hall Of Famer

Great additions to game

The fighter records/Bio section in version 2.5 is a great addition. Especially when you want to import a fighter into your universe and don't want to start from the ground up - building his record fight by fight.

Back in the day we'd get the Ring Record Book which was like a small phone book with the fighter's records. Now, with Boxrec.com, it's like throwing the laundry into a washer as opposed to bringing them down to the river and beating them on a rock!
Jersey-Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 03:41 PM   #2
rotorhead
Major Leagues

Question

Please explain how to import a fighter and how you update the bio.
Thanks
rotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 11:34 AM   #3
professordp
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotorhead View Post
Please explain how to import a fighter and how you update the bio.
Thanks
You might want to download the manual which explains all of the details. You can find it at Cornerwork.com. Although we've yet to get an update for TBCB 2.5, the 2.0 manual pretty much gives you all you need to know.

For a quick reference, once you get onto the fighters' listing screen, there's a tab to the far right called "Menu". Once you click that, it opens and you'll see the import tab.

If you want to update the biographical section, go to the "Biography" screen for the fighter and click the yellow arrow. A word processing screen will pop up and you can add/delete information. Be sure to save whatever you enter!!!

If you want to alter a fighter's rating, go to his rating screen and click "Edit".

Once you get the hang of it, it is not difficult at all.

Regardless, you really should download the insturction manual.

Good Luck!!!!
professordp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 03:00 PM   #4
rotorhead
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by professordp View Post
You might want to download the manual which explains all of the details. You can find it at Cornerwork.com. Although we've yet to get an update for TBCB 2.5, the 2.0 manual pretty much gives you all you need to know.

For a quick reference, once you get onto the fighters' listing screen, there's a tab to the far right called "Menu". Once you click that, it opens and you'll see the import tab.

If you want to update the biographical section, go to the "Biography" screen for the fighter and click the yellow arrow. A word processing screen will pop up and you can add/delete information. Be sure to save whatever you enter!!!

If you want to alter a fighter's rating, go to his rating screen and click "Edit".

Once you get the hang of it, it is not difficult at all.

Regardless, you really should download the insturction manual.

Good Luck!!!!
Thanks for the quick reply. I have the manual, but it gave a one sentece describtion of the functions. I tried, but was worried I might really mess up the database.
Now, I looked at how to make an avatar, but have no luck loading one. Can somebody help me with that?
rotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 05:47 PM   #5
professordp
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotorhead View Post
Thanks for the quick reply. I have the manual, but it gave a one sentece describtion of the functions. I tried, but was worried I might really mess up the database.
Now, I looked at how to make an avatar, but have no luck loading one. Can somebody help me with that?
Did you solve the problems you were having with bio revision and imports?

As far as the avatar, I'm not sure what you're doing wrong, but you need to be sure that your avatar is no larger or smaller than 140 x 140 pixels.
Old 07-08-2008, 05:50 PM   #6
professordp
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey-Jim View Post
The fighter records/Bio section in version 2.5 is a great addition. Especially when you want to import a fighter into your universe and don't want to start from the ground up - building his record fight by fight.

Back in the day we'd get the Ring Record Book which was like a small phone book with the fighter's records. Now, with Boxrec.com, it's like throwing the laundry into a washer as opposed to bringing them down to the river and beating them on a rock!
That's the truth! One thing that really bothered me about "The Ring Record Book" (besides the fact that many fighters were excluded) was that you never knew if a result list "KO" was actually a "TKO". They never made the distinction.
Old 07-09-2008, 02:15 PM   #7
bear
Global Moderator

Quote:
That's the truth! One thing that really bothered me about "The Ring Record Book" (besides the fact that many fighters were excluded) was that you never knew if a result list "KO" was actually a "TKO". They never made the distinction.
Nat Fleisher never made the distinction. The Ring has an online reprint of his article where he advocated this view.

Boxing: Classic Columns

Fleisher's persistance in this matter was one of those really annoying things about him. I've had love-hate feelings about him for years. I have always preferred the distinction found in British record books that describe whether the referee stopped the fight or the fighter retired in his corner.
They are more informative and give a better picture of a fighter. The same can be said about adding the newspaper decisions to results of guys from the no decision era.

Bear

UTBA Season Four Gold Conference Central Division Champion

First UTBA expansion franchise to win a conference divisional title
bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 02:53 PM   #8
professordp
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bear View Post
Nat Fleisher never made the distinction. The Ring has an online reprint of his article where he advocated this view.

Boxing: Classic Columns

Fleisher's persistance in this matter was one of those really annoying things about him. I've had love-hate feelings about him for years. I have always preferred the distinction found in British record books that describe whether the referee stopped the fight or the fighter retired in his corner.
They are more informative and give a better picture of a fighter. The same can be said about adding the newspaper decisions to results of guys from the no decision era.

Bear
On some level, there was a political dimension to his analysis. For a good part of the 1960s, he excoriated Ali. First, when he changed his name and later when he refused induction into the service. This really clouded Fleischer's objectivity. Somewhere around the house, I have a late 1960s copy of "The Ring" where Fleischer wrote an article declaring that Ali will never be ranked among the top ten heavyweights!

Near the end, he became little more than a crankly old man and "The Ring" (at least in my eyes) was a classic bore living off its past glory--sort of like "The New York Times" today. Actually, during the 1960s, I much preferred "Boxing Illustrated".

Nevertheless, his contributions to the sport cannot be overlooked, and he certainly derserves his place in the Hall of Fame.
Old 07-09-2008, 08:33 PM   #9
Jersey-Jim
Hall Of Famer

I agree. The New York Times and the Times are so past their "primes," they're dinosaurs trying to survive in the Internet Age.

There can be quite a difference between a TKO and a KO. A stoppage is a stoppage, but every fan wants to know, did the fighter lose because of cuts? Was he rescued along the ropes. Or, could they have counted to 100 over him because there was no was he was going to get back up again without some assitance?

Also, it's nice to see how many losses were by stoppage as well - at a glance. I like how TBCB II has the stats section laid out.
Old 07-09-2008, 10:36 PM   #10
professordp
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey-Jim View Post
I agree. The New York Times and the Times are so past their "primes," they're dinosaurs trying to survive in the Internet Age.

There can be quite a difference between a TKO and a KO. A stoppage is a stoppage, but every fan wants to know, did the fighter lose because of cuts? Was he rescued along the ropes. Or, could they have counted to 100 over him because there was no was he was going to get back up again without some assitance?

Also, it's nice to see how many losses were by stoppage as well - at a glance. I like how TBCB II has the stats section laid out.
I neglected to mention one major point---rating fighters for simulations. Unless you had additional information (newspaper/magazine coverage), "The Ring Record Book" wasn't very helpful in measuring a fighter's punching power or the ability to take a punch.
Old 07-10-2008, 12:31 PM   #11
Jersey-Jim
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I neglected to mention one major point---rating fighters for simulations. Unless you had additional information (newspaper/magazine coverage), "The Ring Record Book" wasn't very helpful in measuring a fighter's punching power or the ability to take a punch.
I like the way boxrec.com gives breif descriptions sometimes beneath the fight result. It will occasionally say if the fight was stopped due to a cut, etc., how many knockdowns occurred (who was down), etc.

The record keeping process is practically 100% automated in TBCB II. All you have to do is save the results and and fight log and you're through.