Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 21 > OOTP 21 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 21 - General Discussions Everything about the brand new version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB and the MLBPA.

Old 03-05-2020, 03:59 AM   #21
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Déjà Bru View Post
I have a solution for you. The best, the besty best, BEST solution!

Solution: "Watch" baseball games while playing OOTPB! You don't notice the slow pace of live baseball while you are playing OOTPB.

Caution: This depends on hearing. That is, you must listen for crowd noise or announcer hysteria in live baseball telecasts so that you can quickly look up over the edge of your laptop cover to see what is going on. The caution is, you could be confused by crowd noise in OOTPB (true story) and look up at live baseball at the wrong time. I suggest playing OOTPB with crowd noise turned down or muted altogether.
Besterer solution: Have OOTP and live baseball side by side on your laptop! Works for me at least.

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 04:04 AM   #22
Calvert98
All Star Reserve

When I was in the right time-zone, if there was an actual game that day, I always listened to live baseball on the radio while playing OOTP; including if possible, the pre-game show and post game. I play-out all of my games and really enjoyed listening to the games on the radio at the same time when I could.
Calvert98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 09:43 AM   #23
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westheim View Post
Besterer solution: Have OOTP and live baseball side by side on your laptop! Works for me at least.
Danger: Strabismus!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvert98 View Post
When I was in the right time-zone, if there was an actual game that day, I always listened to live baseball on the radio while playing OOTP; including if possible, the pre-game show and post game. I play-out all of my games and really enjoyed listening to the games on the radio at the same time when I could.
Done that too. Unfortunately, the "free" aspect of that may be slowly going away.

- Bru

Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2020, 12:02 PM   #24
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

This was my 4,000th thanks, a statistic of which I am much more proud than my post count. I thank each and every one of you who has thanked me over the years but in particular, today, I thank rjl518.
Attached Images

- Bru

Last edited by Déjà Bru; 03-07-2020 at 12:04 PM.
Old 03-07-2020, 12:45 PM   #25
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Déjà Bru View Post
This was my 4,000th thanks, a statistic of which I am much more proud than my post count. I thank each and every one of you who has thanked me over the years but in particular, today, I thank rjl518.
That's a lot of appreciation there, Bru, and well deserved. I, for one, am grateful for the many times you've helped the many, including pics and walk-throughs, antithetic to others'- like my own -occasional impatience.

Good for you and, because of you, good for us.
Old 03-07-2020, 01:20 PM   #26
Bobfather
All Star Starter

I ive in Mass, me and my friends would drive down to Strat HQ in Glenn Head for opening day. Then went to the same resteraunt each year and studied cards for hours.
Bobfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2020, 07:53 PM   #27
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by endgame View Post
That's a lot of appreciation there, Bru, and well deserved. I, for one, am grateful for the many times you've helped the many, including pics and walk-throughs, antithetic to others'- like my own -occasional impatience.

Good for you and, because of you, good for us.
Thanks, eg. One thing I have to work on is my Thanks to Thanked ratio. Yours looks more like it, and is an indication of your own pleasant personality.

- Bru

Old 03-08-2020, 08:56 AM   #28
Bub13
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobfather View Post
I ive in Mass, me and my friends would drive down to Strat HQ in Glenn Head for opening day. Then went to the same resteraunt each year and studied cards for hours.
I still remember how my college roommate and I would argue over the ratings in each new Strat hockey set. I bet he's still pissed off about Jan Ludvig's 83-84 card.
Bub13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 09:53 AM   #29
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

I've said it before, and I'll say it again:

OOTP is the baseball game I'd design if I could design computer games.

The option to play any historical season, create your own league (and not have to come up with all the players' names from scratch!) and customise every logo, cap and jersey...it's all there. Has been forever. I love it so much.

Thanks for being a supremely talented programmer and hiring other supremely talented programmers, Markus. And thanks for that "Being John Malkovich" connection into my brain that you apparently have, as well.

SPTT team

Was not a Snag fan...until I saw the fallout once he was gone and realized what a good job he was actually doing. - Ty Cobb
BigRed75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 07:10 PM   #30
PocketsAintFull
All Star Starter

How you hanging in there Deja? Not long to go!
Old 03-08-2020, 09:18 PM   #31
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketsAintFull View Post
Those $%^&* birds are still on my $%^&* lawn!

- Bru

Old 03-09-2020, 02:04 AM   #32
Lemandria
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRed75 View Post
The option to play any historical season, create your own league (and not have to come up with all the players' names from scratch!) and customise every logo, cap and jersey...it's all there. Has been forever. I love it so much.

I did rock stars. That one was fun, since there are so many names to choose from. Alice Cooper is in the baseball HOF as a catcher who could hit the snot out of a baseball (and played a zillion seasons). Jimmy Page went in as a reliever. (etc)

I still play that one, once in a while.

One warning about the custom games--you need a lot of logos to work with. That becomes an addiction of its own.

Oh god, a stadium builder...twitch twitch

Last edited by Lemandria; 03-09-2020 at 02:16 AM.
Lemandria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 08:18 AM   #33
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketsAintFull View Post
Actually, I am looking forward to what usually happens to threads like this one when a new version is released: interment! It will be buried by an avalanche of "This is great," "Look at this new feature," "How do I," and "Where is" threads. All to the good!

- Bru

Old 03-09-2020, 09:01 AM   #34
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

You watching any movies Deja?

I usually watch several in March, gets me pumped up for the season ahead.

Sat I watched Moneyball

Last night was The Natural

Got Eight Men Out setup for tomorrow.

I find it a good way to pass the month, pique my baseball interest, and give me some good entertainment as the last of winter starts to peel itself away from this corner of the world.
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 10:57 AM   #35
ForeverRoyalKC
All Star Starter

I know this is probably a forgone conclusion, but I am hoping all of you will post your own stadiums when you finish them. I am anxious to see what you all come up with since so many of you have been drooling to do it!
ForeverRoyalKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 10:58 AM   #36
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Try a series of PMs. Very few waiting instances rival the try again in 18 seconds, try again in 11 seconds, 6, 2, arghhhhhh
Old 03-09-2020, 11:05 AM   #37
jimmysthebestcop
Banned

Infractions: 0/2 (5)
I usually do movies the week before opening day also try and fit Ken Burns baseball in during the april
jimmysthebestcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 11:23 AM   #38
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenoser View Post
You watching any movies Deja?

I usually watch several in March, gets me pumped up for the season ahead.

Sat I watched Moneyball

Last night was The Natural

Got Eight Men Out setup for tomorrow.

I find it a good way to pass the month, pique my baseball interest, and give me some good entertainment as the last of winter starts to peel itself away from this corner of the world.
Good idea, way to get pumped up for the real action to begin soon! Have bolded one of my two favorite movies of all time. (The other is Glory.)

- Bru