Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - Public Beta Test > FHM - Beta Data Issues

Old 03-22-2013, 08:16 AM   #81
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

Maybe you could rename them with their Nickname in their name.
Old 03-22-2013, 03:14 PM   #82
Michael Farkas
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaken_bacon View Post
Leafs players with wrong numbers:

Mark Fraser is number 45 and not 2. (Also hope he gets a major ratings overhaul considering most of the season he has been the top +/- guy in the league.)

Holzer is 55 and not 5.

Kostka is 53 and not 28.

Maclaren is 38 and not 10.

Maclement is 11 and not 16.

Also curious if nicknames will actually be implemented for current NHL players or not. Wouldn't mind seeing Phil "The Thrill" Kessel or Jake "Silverstick" Gardiner. I'm guessing it will be reserved for only very common nicknames like Ovie, but I wouldn't mind seeing the nicknames make it in for all sorts of players.
I have no plans to put in "generic" nicknames like "Ovy" or "Kovy" or "Duper" or any of that stuff...I'm more apt to apply them to real nicknames...

"The Chicoutimi Cucumber"
"Old Poison"
"The Hammer"
"Battleship"

etc.

Personally, I don't want to pollute the game with "Looch" for Milan Lucic, not really a productive use of time, in my opinion. I'd hate to see that every time I open a player's profile.

Hopefully, it will be an editable option for the user to decide if they want to refer to Kovalev or Kovalchuk as "Kovy" from here on out...
Old 03-22-2013, 03:47 PM   #83
shaken_bacon
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I'm just trying to understand what makes a nickname like "The Hammer" more real or less generic than "Pickles." (Vlasic in San Jose.) Or "The Bulin Wall." for Khabibulin. Or "The Thrill" for Phil Kessel. Sure they are more interesting then some names like Ovie, or Steener. (Heck, most hockey nicknames and in ER or a Y ( or IE).)

I am just am trying to clarify this. I know it won't really be a big deal at the end of the day because we can always edit the players ourselves, but I think it would be cool for that guy playing against San Jose who sees Vlasic called Pickles. They would learn something new. Not to mention it would be a pain for people to edit all the players around the league as I don't know virtually anything about Columbus players and what nicknames they have.
Old 03-22-2013, 04:39 PM   #84
Michael Farkas
Minors (Double A)

Pickles is interesting. Ovy is not.

My dividing line is there. There's no point in filling in "Gabby" for Gaborik, is my point. The creative ones that are universally recognized will certainly be given strong consideration.

Obviously, nicknames are the very least of my concerns
Old 03-22-2013, 04:44 PM   #85
Vikke

I just wish we get the option to turn nicknames off. I want no part of them in my game.
Old 03-22-2013, 07:37 PM   #86
Twiztid78
Bat Boy

Couple of guys got their position wrong. Don't want to start anything because it's a minor thing but i'm just saying.
Old 03-22-2013, 07:59 PM   #87
Michael Farkas
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiztid78 View Post
Couple of guys got their position wrong. Don't want to start anything because it's a minor thing but i'm just saying.
Feel free to post position corrections, or even number corrections. Factual things get logged and changed in fairly short order.

It's the individual ratings we won't need to start nitpicking until much later.
Old 03-22-2013, 08:21 PM   #88
Twiztid78
Bat Boy

I'll take a long at every NHL team today and tomorrow and post on here what i think it's wrong. Just to make sure, the position are based on last year stats or this year?
Old 03-22-2013, 09:47 PM   #89
Michael Farkas
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
I'll take a long at every NHL team today and tomorrow and post on here what i think it's wrong. Just to make sure, the position are based on last year stats or this year?
I believe the data that was originally imported was from last year. I've made some corrections (as I've seen them) but I couldn't have possibly gotten everything. You don't have to do any great sweep check, it'll all come out in the wash anyhow, but if there's some things that stick out, feel free to post...
Old 03-23-2013, 12:08 AM   #90
MXD
Minors (Double A)

Some nicknames are truly awesome though.

I mean....

Frank "Seldom" Beaton?!?!? Pure gold.

Not sure if a random nickname generator would be a good idea, though, mainly due to the infinite possiblities. And an option to "give" a nickname? Could be either really cool or really pointless, and possibly both.
Old 03-23-2013, 12:59 PM   #91
Musk
Bat Boy

Below are some positional and number changes that should be applied to the NJ Devils roster.

Postions

Adam Larsson - 20 RD and 14 LD
Marek Zidlicky - 20 RD and 14 LD
Anton Volchenkov - 20 LD and 18 RD
Ilya Kovalchuk - 20 RW and 19 LW
Dainius Zubrus - 20 LW and 19 C
Andrei Loktionov - 20 C and 16 RW

Numbers

Harrold - 10
Barch - 22
Bernier - 18
Loktionov - 21 (Tedenby should be in AHL)
Old 03-23-2013, 01:38 PM   #92
Twiztid78
Bat Boy

Postions:

Bergeron - 20 C and 15 RW

Numbers

Khudobin - 35
Johnson - 45
Old 03-25-2013, 02:29 PM   #93
thebusbybriddon
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikke View Post
I just wish we get the option to turn nicknames off. I want no part of them in my game.
I agree can I get rid of Chara's? I'm a hockey manager wanting to do some serious negotiations not something say 'Big Z' Everytime I wanna look at him...
Old 03-25-2013, 02:32 PM   #94
thebusbybriddon
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Also is it just me or is their no Tim Thomas?
Old 03-25-2013, 08:09 PM   #95
Michael Farkas
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebusbybriddon View Post
Also is it just me or is their no Tim Thomas?
He quit on his team. I think we're considering him retired for now, we'll work out the details of situation before the final release when it becomes more apparent I think. Though Jeff has last say on things, I doubt he views it as a high priority right now. I don't believe suspensions of this type are in the game yet. That's a minor, minor detail, of course.
Old 03-25-2013, 10:26 PM   #96
Twiztid78
Bat Boy

Yes Tim Thomas is a minor detail since he took the year off but it's still a major thing in the financial details of the game because is cap hit still exist against the NYI
Old 03-26-2013, 08:19 AM   #97
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

So isn't Retired Players in the 2012/13 League File and also could take 2012/13 file and make it into Historical Leagues by doing each Years League and Minor Leagues could be their.
Old 03-27-2013, 04:39 PM   #98
thebusbybriddon
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Yes Tim Thomas is a minor detail since he took the year off but it's still a major thing in the financial details of the game because is cap hit still exist against the NYI
Maybe I should of said this aswell...
Old 03-27-2013, 04:43 PM   #99
shaken_bacon
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Have to remember this season isn't really a concern. Next season is the season FHM boys are worrying about. So they have plenty of time to figure out what will happen. In the meantime lets speculate like the rest of the hockey world over the mystery of Tim Thomas.
Old 04-02-2013, 04:44 PM   #100
yzerwing
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikke View Post
I really dislike having to edit the names that have them, so I don't have to see them. In real life, nicknames are cool and all, but in game, I just want to see their real names. In the historical mode it is especially annoying as almost every player seems to have them.