Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: New to the game?
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: New to the game? A place for all new Out of the Park Baseball fans to ask questions about the game.

Old 01-11-2009, 11:20 AM   #1
TomasNL
Minors (Single A)

2008 database, start in 2009?

So in the thread where they announced the new 9.2.13 patch, i read about the new 2008 historical database. I have zero experience with historical play, but i would like to start a MLB game in 2009 which includes the real time 2008 stats...

How exactly do i do that? If that is indeed possible...

Thanks!

Tomas

Last edited by TomasNL; 01-11-2009 at 11:22 AM.
TomasNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 02:41 PM   #2
medlinke
Minors (Rookie Ball)

You have 2 options:

1 - Download one of the great roster projects from the mod forum and start in 2009 with rosters that are up to date as of (I think) 1-27-09!

The downside is that you don't really get the 2008 rosters that are in the game, but the upside is that the community supported roster mods are generally awesome.

2 - Start your game in 2008 and sim an entire season.

The downside is that trades, career ending injuries, etc. can make the start of 2009 look pretty foreign from what it'll look like come April. The upside is that you don't have to mess around finding an installing a mod.
medlinke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 05:08 AM   #3
myasu
All Star Starter

I assume the OP is talking about the new Lahman database.

With my understanding, the database will only let you start the game from the beginning of 2008 season, with the correct history. (History up until the end of 2007)

The database HAS all the stats/history for 2008 season in it, but if you load the game to start the game from Jan 2009, the players show up on the teams they were on at the beginning of 2008 season. (Manny Ramirez will have the correct 2008 stats, which are devided by Red Sox and Dodgers, but will be a Red Sox, not a Dodger)

So, the closest thing to what you want to do, I believe is either one of the options medlinke suggested above.

I am not much of a historical play expert, so if somebody find this thread and think I am wrong, please correct me.

Bill Spaceman Lee- "The other day they asked me about mandatory drug testing. I said I believed in drug testing a long time ago. All through the sixties I tested everything."
myasu is offline   Reply With Quote