Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Developments > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss Out of the Park Developments' games, web site, downloads, research and anything else related to OOTP Developments.

Old 12-31-2019, 08:16 AM   #1
Jdrake
Bat Boy

Looking for Basketball Mgmt game for daughter

My daughter has become obsessed with the NBA / understanding the salary cap, etc. Does anyone know of the OOTP type game for basketball?

Sorry if in the wrong forum.
Jdrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 11:03 AM   #2
trident
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdrake View Post
My daughter has become obsessed with the NBA / understanding the salary cap, etc. Does anyone know of the OOTP type game for basketball?

Here is a list of a bunch by user rating, https://gmgames.org/section/nba-and-...mulator-games/

Last edited by trident; 02-10-2020 at 10:34 AM.
trident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 10:59 PM   #3
ohiodevil
OOTP Roster Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdrake View Post

I tried the demo of Draft Day Sports: Pro Basketball 2020 from Wolverine Studios and was very impressed with the updates this version received. I highly recommend at least trying out the demo before you buy.
ohiodevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2020, 06:34 PM   #4
Jdrake
Bat Boy

thanks
Jdrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 02:04 PM   #5
ezpkns34
All Star Reserve

I feel like Draft Day Sports is a bit random on game results, personally, but I also spent more time playing their college version than pro version for what it's worth (for an example of what I mean, wasn't rare to have 1 & 2 seed fall in the first round of the NCAA Tourney when I was playing)

From what I recall, the pro version is pretty good about salary cap & rules & roster management though, so yeh, demo it and see if it works for what you 2 are looking for
ezpkns34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 06:43 PM   #6
BadluckinOOTP
All Star Starter

Fast Break Basketball by Grey Dog is still my favorite, and I think it's the quickest and most intuitive, especially if she's never played a text sim. I've just never enjoyed DDS like I have OOTP or the Fast Break games. I've played the Fast Break college game more than OOTP, which is saying something.
Old 01-05-2020, 08:02 PM   #7
wildcatscanread
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadluckinOOTP View Post
Fast Break Basketball by Grey Dog is still my favorite, and I think it's the quickest and most intuitive, especially if she's never played a text sim. I've just never enjoyed DDS like I have OOTP or the Fast Break games. I've played the Fast Break college game more than OOTP, which is saying something.
What would make DDS more enjoyable?
wildcatscanread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 02:46 PM   #8
rudel.dietrich
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadluckinOOTP View Post
I like this game as well but I have been getting a lot of errors with it the last few times I have ran it.
It also has not been updated in a while and the game engine just cannot handle the amount of three pointers in the modern game.
rudel.dietrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 10:40 AM   #9
trident
All Star Reserve

I really have been enjoying this college basketball game for phone, https://www.reddit.com/r/gmgames/com..._ipad_college/ , it's free of course.

Last edited by trident; 02-10-2020 at 11:39 AM.
trident is offline   Reply With Quote