Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 11-30-2019, 02:18 PM   #1
skep
Minors (Double A)

Tournaments and tanking

I want to follow the rules as set forth, but I must admit I am very tempted to sell off some quality players in order to purchase a Gold-level tournament roster.

Some players focus going forward will be less on the actual perfect team mode and more on tournaments. Will you be punishing those players who sell off their quality players to buy in to tournament rosters?

skep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 02:37 PM   #2
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

When you sell these players, will you replace them with the best players that you have left or a roster of irons?
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 02:59 PM   #3
skep
Minors (Double A)

I would replace with best available option. I'm not trying to game the PT system, I just wanna play gold tournaments. I suppose therein lies the difference between me and a tanker.

skep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 04:34 PM   #4
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

You are still sacrificing wins in your standard PT league in favor of something else (in this case, points and packs in gold tournaments). This is in direct opposition with the ToS, though this says far more about the ToS than it does your team or your intentions.

The ire of the community will be proportional to how large of a downgrade you're experiencing. Retooling your roster with gold players may get you relegated from Perfect and may even hemorrhage points to your opponents at alarming levels (especially if we're talking about love gold pitchers here), but you'll still look competitive enough that nobody will care much. The additional fact that you won't be changing between good and bad players each season as you relegate and promote will quiet what small amount of anger might remain over a significantly downgraded lineup.

We have seen no evidence of game admins adhering strictly to the letter of the law, and you're close enough to being compliant with the spirit of the law that you should easily have zero issues.

Primary Team

Collection Rewards (Cards & Packs) F2P Theme Team

Movers F2P Theme and Adam Schlesinger Memorial Team
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 05:34 PM   #5
emilempenza
Minors (Double A)

It's not tanking if you are selecting the best team you have available, seems pretty clear to me. You aren't deliberately losing.
emilempenza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 05:42 PM   #6
HRBaker
Hall Of Famer

IMHO, "selling" off your players isn't the issue that "not playing them" is.

Both scenarios will cause you to lose games, but only the second option gives you the opportunity to beat up on lesser teams once you get relegated.

HRBaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 05:51 PM   #7
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by skep View Post
I would replace with best available option. I'm not trying to game the PT system, I just wanna play gold tournaments. I suppose therein lies the difference between me and a tanker.
Yes, that's the difference. It's clearly not tanking and does not violate the ToS.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 09:45 AM   #8
Kris Jardine
OOTP Developments

The spirit of the ToS is to ensure that teams are fielding their best available current roster in league play. If you abide by that, then there is nothing to worry about.

Webstore - https://ootpdevelopments.onfastspring.com/games/
Steam - https://store.steampowered.com/app/1...k_Baseball_22/
Kris Jardine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 10:18 AM   #9
Lemandria
All Star Reserve

I'd sell off that annoying lefty who can't ever get his ERA under 6...and maybe turn him into gold players.

But no one else wants him. Nine of him on the AH as of this mornin, and the prices are falling, falling
Old 12-01-2019, 10:35 AM   #10
daves
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by skep View Post
I want to follow the rules as set forth, but I must admit I am very tempted to sell off some quality players in order to purchase a Gold-level tournament roster.

Some players focus going forward will be less on the actual perfect team mode and more on tournaments. Will you be punishing those players who sell off their quality players to buy in to tournament rosters?
The uniqueness of the tournaments is you don't have to sell off players. You can buy and create a Gold, Silver or Bronze team while keeping your league team intact.

You have 3 decent teams so you don't necessarily have to sell.

Last edited by daves; 12-01-2019 at 10:45 AM.
daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 10:53 AM   #11
Fenixdown
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by daves View Post
The uniqueness of the tournaments is you don't have to sell off players. You can buy and create a Gold, Silver or Bronze team while keeping your league team intact.

You have 3 decent teams so you don't necessarily have to sell.

If he's going for gold only and doesn't have cookie cutter, then yes, he absolutely does if he wants to win. Cuz if he doesn't, he won't. Period.

Tournaments are fun! Play what everyone else does...or just see "eliminated". A lot.
Fenixdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 01:17 PM   #12
Lemandria
All Star Reserve

Quote:
...or just see "eliminated". A lot.
Integrity > a couple of packs.

Just sayin'. Someimes ya do the right thing even when "everyone else" isn't.

Now, think I'll go start an all-cheese RP rotation! kek
Old 12-09-2019, 02:22 PM   #13
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

seems like they keep reducing the rewards anyway
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 02:34 PM   #14
Pine Tar
Minors (Double A)

IMHO what the OP wants to do is nothing close to tanking. I was lucky enough to have a tanker in the same division with one of my teams, They played 3 perfects and 4 diamonds and the rest of the pitching staff was gold. The fielders had only diamonds and golds from what I remember. Come playoffs the whole team was filled with 40 and 41 irons.

I reported them but from what I have read here in the forums they will probably continue to do this in iron for many more seasons. It takes the fun out of competing when this happens.

That is tanking.

Pine Tar

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sometimes I wonder, whatever happened to all the people I gave directions to ..
Never take a sleeping pill and laxative at the same time.
Pine Tar is offline   Reply With Quote