Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 5 > FHM 5 - General Discussion

FHM 5 - General Discussion Talk about the 2018 version of FHM.

Old 09-24-2019, 07:17 PM   #21
daves
Hall Of Famer

Is the exhibition mode for one game or a series?

Is it similar to OOTPXX?

daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 07:33 PM   #22
Savoie45
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by daves View Post
Is the exhibition mode for one game or a series?

Is it similar to OOTPXX?
From the reveal video on YouTube, it sounds like you can do either.
Savoie45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 07:48 PM   #23
krownroyal83
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rand View Post
Has there been any changes/improvements to how AI GM's handle the salary cap in the NHL?
That's been my big issue in past games, AI GM's tended to need a large buffer to prevent getting themselves in trouble. Making it rather easy for human players.
That and the unrealistic contacts and trades is what has stopped me from enjoying this game in the past. Hopefully these things have improved.
krownroyal83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 07:48 PM   #24
highheat42
Minors (Double A)

Tried looking through the notes, apologies if I missed this:

For Staff Hirings, extensions and firings, will this work for human GM's on export in online leagues (rather then the commissioner having to manually edit it)?
Specifically for hiring staff in online leagues, will it look at different offers to a staff member and they will choose the offer they like best?

Will Human GM's be able to manually control the farm teams lineup they way they could in FHM 2?

Also will the import/export function in game work, we have lost a few GM's over the year who cannot wrap their head around manually updating files every sim.
Thanks!
highheat42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 08:46 PM   #25
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

Thanks for Random Debut and will it work with Amateur Draft.Will World Template,Live Start,Free Agent Draft,Trades with other Leagues make it? Also a All-Time Greats Quickstart?
Old 09-24-2019, 09:15 PM   #26
kennie
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I guess I posted this on the wrong forum before... But any chance that we'll finally get the ability to output the html almanac ?
kennie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 09:24 PM   #27
krownroyal83
All Star Reserve

Have player asking prices been improved? In the past I've seen superstar players asking for unrealistic 3 year 5/6 million dollar a year contracts for example. Big immersion killer for me. It causes every team in the NHL after awhile to be well under the salary cap, thus making it way easier to build a power house team. To me one of the funnest parts of a game like this is to trying to stay competitive all the while maneuvering around the salary cap, and making those tough decisions as to who to keep and who to get rid of to stay under the cap. That and the trade engine have been my biggest issues with this franchise. That being said looking at the long list of changes and improvements, i'm excited for the first time in years so i hope i enjoy this version, since I've been dying to play a good hockey management game that is immersive and realistic.

Last edited by krownroyal83; 09-24-2019 at 09:25 PM.
krownroyal83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 10:54 PM   #28
Risk2014
Minors (Triple A)

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
Can we control all of our minor leagues? Like set the lines? Just like OOTP?

Can we quickly in commissioner Mode change to another team and control that team?

I love keeping my rosters for the game current that is why I use Commissioner Mode to change to another team and make trades or FA signings. Has this been incorporated in this game?

Will all real logos be included during release of the game? All AHL logos and other leagues?
Risk2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 11:02 PM   #29
Sabres2000
All Star Reserve

rJust wondering a quick Question... For historical mode did you guys add like the U17 U18 tournaments for CHL teams i know it was not in 5 but was wondering if say for example you guys added it for back in 2000 those tournaments still happen?

Also does Major Junior Leagues I know NHL has expansion but like for example in historical mode can re-live the WHL expansion draft for say like Chilliwack Bruins

As far as expansions is it still 2 teams... Also when it comes to the video it says that you can stop teams for moving so say for example we stop Atlanta Thrashers stop from moving to Winnipeg Jets and then having Winnipeg Jets come in as a expansion draft along with Vegas instead of Atlanta moving to Winnipeg

Last edited by Sabres2000; 09-24-2019 at 11:06 PM.
Sabres2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 12:29 AM   #30
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edster007 View Post
I assume the Historical structure editing in Jeff's post would apply to random debut.
It does, although making radical increases to the number of teams right at the start of a game probably isn't a good idea in random debut mode, since the shuffling of player start years is keyed to the number of players present in that year in the database. It'll work better if you gradually increase the number over a few seasons to the player pool has time to accumulate a bit of a surplus.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 12:33 AM   #31
Savoie45
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risk2014 View Post
Can we control all of our minor leagues? Like set the lines? Just like OOTP?

Can we quickly in commissioner Mode change to another team and control that team?

I love keeping my rosters for the game current that is why I use Commissioner Mode to change to another team and make trades or FA signings. Has this been incorporated in this game?

Will all real logos be included during release of the game? All AHL logos and other leagues?
They only have the NHL license, so only NHL logos will be available.
Savoie45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 12:40 AM   #32
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triactus View Post
- Is there a setting we can change so the GM contract is not automatically renewed? I rather liked that control.
You can still resign from your job at any point, so if you don't want the renewal, you can quit right after it happens.

Quote:
- When you say the AI will make more trade offers, I assume the AI will better evaluate the rate of success? The number of times I had an offer for a 1 star player against my 3 star player, one on one... lol And more draft picks used in trade offers would be nice!
The problem with increasing the number of offers in that manner would be that it'd make the AI a lot easier to fleece. But if you haven't seen the offer content since 3, you should notice a significant increase in the quality of them (and you have the "shop player" option now as well.)

Quote:
There was a bug in FHM3 (seemingly present in 4 and 5, as I saw relevent messages on the boards), where if you put a claim on a player on waivers but another team ultimately got that player, the game "counted" that claim as successful towards your number of contracts (if I had 49 players under contract and unsuccessfully tried to claim a player on waivers, the game wouldn't let me sign a UFA because I was at max number of contracts, even though it still says 49 contracts). I eliminated all other possible reasons (like a sign player in the juniors) by trial and error. Is that bug fixed?
Fixed last year, if I remember correctly. Haven't seen it happen in a long time.
Old 09-25-2019, 01:01 AM   #33
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenoser View Post
Can we choose to save logs for just our team, or is the option only for the entire league?

Tks
The options are None (the default, because the logs eat a lot of disk space), Human Team (i.e. any team controlled by a human owner), Human League (all teams in any league with a human in it), and Top League (the NHL or equivalent, even if no human owners are present in it.)
Old 09-25-2019, 01:48 AM   #34
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orioles1966 View Post
Can we keep the WHA playing after the 1978-79 season or does it still fold?

Adding it at that time as a fictional league would be cool if that would be possible?
It keeps going if you've turned editing on/evolution off (and can be set to inactive later if you want.)

Last edited by JeffR; 09-25-2019 at 01:52 AM.
Old 09-25-2019, 01:52 AM   #35
seven
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by renojedi View Post
Pre-ordered. The one change I would like to see is the stats box display both teams players who are on the ice at the same time. I am Ok not seeing all the bench players to get that. I don't like having to toggle between the two. Other than that, this features list is AMAZING!
Exactly! I'm with you on this one. This was available a few versions ago but disappeared in FHM5. In fact, it seems little has changed from FHM5 in the display of a match being played out. Too bad this does not seem to have received much attention other than the introduction of home/away color differences.
seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 01:53 AM   #36
Dkitson16
Major Leagues

-historical mode now allows editing of league structures on July 1 (so it's now possible to expand/contract/relocate teams, change playoffs, edit rules, etc. in ahistorical ways; note that enabling this option will turn all real historical changes off completely and any further rule/league changes must be made by the user)

Real Players, Fictional Teams? Finally!

Is the max number of teams still 32?

If I enable this after the WHA starts, does that mean the WHA never folds (unless I fold it?)
Dkitson16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 05:47 AM   #37
Colorado
Major Leagues

Another thing which bugged me in FHM5, was that we can't, to the best of my knowledge, see what the status is of other teams i.e. rebuilder, contenders etc. Is this going to be possible in the new version?

Oh, and make it easier to read the result when simming a game. The scoreline in the top-left doesn't read that clearly.
Colorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 06:42 AM   #38
SirMichaelJordan
Hall Of Famer

I’m excited! Loads of good stuff here especially the small updates to things like tryouts.

Does this mean that there would be a sort of camp for international teams? That would definitely make managing those teams more immersive.

Last edited by SirMichaelJordan; 09-25-2019 at 06:44 AM.
SirMichaelJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 07:04 AM   #39
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado View Post
Another thing which bugged me in FHM5, was that we can't, to the best of my knowledge, see what the status is of other teams i.e. rebuilder, contenders etc. Is this going to be possible in the new version?
Yes, there's a new team pop-up (like the one for players that appears when you mouse over it) that shows that information and the team's positional strengths/weaknesses, among other things.
Old 09-25-2019, 09:38 AM   #40
landru22
Major Leagues

Will a newly created custom game still start on August 15th or will it now start on July 1st allowing you to edit any mistakes that may have been made in its creation?
landru22 is offline   Reply With Quote