Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Logos, Graphics, and HTML
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-17-2010, 10:07 PM   #41
joe_44850
Minors (Single A)

You have to import your CSV files from the game.
Open up OOTP, go to Database Info
Go to tools, and do a CSV export
Open up the ootp-utils program, and on the first screen click on Import Database.
"Browse" to documents & settings/ootp development/ootp 11/saved games/yourgame/import-export and pull in cities.csv

That should pull in your data. Let me know if you have any questions or problems.
Old 05-17-2010, 11:31 PM   #42
scott1964
Hall Of Famer

Got everything to import, but when I click on utilites nothing happens.

PETA.....People Eating Tasty Animals.

scott1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 06:54 AM   #43
joe_44850
Minors (Single A)

Hmm, when you click on "Utilities" a drop-down menu should appear with "Card Creator" as one of the choices.

I'll have the newest version up today or tomorrow, maybe there was a bug in the release I have currently posted. The new one will have 20 to 30 pre-built templates to choose from. Also I'll have my own thread
Old 05-18-2010, 07:27 AM   #44
McLite
Minors (Single A)

Love the program. I really like the back of the card a few posts back (the white one). Currently the one in the utility is hard on my old eyes!

Great progress though...these cards are outstanding.
McLite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 07:49 AM   #45
joe_44850
Minors (Single A)

Ha, yeah, some were patterned after the Topps 80's cards and they are too dark. The back image is interchange-able, and I will include about a dozen or so to use (and, of course, users can create and use their own).
Old 05-18-2010, 11:09 AM   #46
scott1964
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe_44850 View Post
Hmm, when you click on "Utilities" a drop-down menu should appear with "Card Creator" as one of the choices.

I'll have the newest version up today or tomorrow, maybe there was a bug in the release I have currently posted. The new one will have 20 to 30 pre-built templates to choose from. Also I'll have my own thread
I click on utilities and there is no drop down menu, this is in 1.6 ver and where is your own thread?

Old 05-18-2010, 11:32 AM   #47
joe_44850
Minors (Single A)

I haven't created my own thread yet, I will when the program is ready-to-go. The engine that the program works off of is Internet Explorer, what version of IE are you running? Also, do you have Windows XP or greater?

(apologies to Tiesenberg for all of my posts on his thread)
Old 05-18-2010, 12:31 PM   #48
scott1964
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I haven't created my own thread yet, I will when the program is ready-to-go. The engine that the program works off of is Internet Explorer, what version of IE are you running? Also, do you have Windows XP or greater?

(apologies to Tiesenberg for all of my posts on his thread)
Windows XP and I use FireFox

Old 05-18-2010, 01:20 PM   #49
joe_44850
Minors (Single A)

Since this app runs on the IE engine, you might have to update to Internet Explorer 8 (even if you don't use it) for it to work.
Old 05-18-2010, 01:51 PM   #50
Tiesenberg
Major Leagues

Joe, it's not a problem at all. Your program is a great addition to the program and any improvements that can be made to getting the best out is something that I look forward to as well. I'll see if I can change the thread name.
Tiesenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 03:26 PM   #51
scott1964
Hall Of Famer

Downloaded IE8 and it works fine now. But I can only create base ball cards of pitchers.

Old 06-15-2010, 11:12 PM   #52
conception
All Star Starter

This program worked fantastically for me, thanks a lot for putting it together. I'm interested to see if the improvements in the baseball card feature could supersede this when a patch is released, but until then I'll feel content to use this program for my needs.
conception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 11:21 PM   #53
joe_44850
Minors (Single A)

Hey, thanks for the feedback. I have also been working on a plain text exporter of stats, I'll be making that available with the next patch (I'll announce it in a separate thread).
Old 06-17-2010, 09:38 AM   #54
DWK
All Star Reserve

Can't get this to download I have the newest version of IE my virus scan (Norton) keeps saying there's issues with the file.

Anybody else having this problem?
DWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 10:15 AM   #55
joe_44850
Minors (Single A)

Were you having problems downloading, or installing (your post said downloading, I just wanted to be clear). You should be able to download, as it is simply a zip file. Norton's problem might be the fact that it has vb scripts included. You might have to mess with Norton's settings to allow this to be both downloaded and installed.

Sorry I can't be more helpful - I don't use Norton because it seems to block "honest" applications while the nasty ones sneak right in.
Old 06-17-2010, 11:41 AM   #56
DWK
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Were you having problems downloading, or installing (your post said downloading, I just wanted to be clear). You should be able to download, as it is simply a zip file. Norton's problem might be the fact that it has vb scripts included. You might have to mess with Norton's settings to allow this to be both downloaded and installed.

Sorry I can't be more helpful - I don't use Norton because it seems to block "honest" applications while the nasty ones sneak right in.
Thanks that help it was Norton I just disable it and it downloaded fine
DWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 03:40 AM   #57
Tiesenberg
Major Leagues

Baseball Card Update

After BMW's tremendous release of his Topps set the other day, I was inspired to go back and work on the templates I came up with last month. After experimenting with the XML, I was able to come up with XML code that now truly does everything in game...no more changing files for each team!

Here's how they look now:

I almost have this set how I want them looking, keyword being almost.

If you take a look at the cards above, you might have noticed that pitchers strikeout totals have a .00 in the career total and hitters H in each season is actually their HR total while their career total is in fact correct.

Perhaps this is what was fixed with the 2.17 patch? I'm running on a Mac and am still on 2.15, if this is what was fixed in the update, great, if not, any ideas on what might be going on would be greatly appreciated. I hope to have the right solution for these small issues by the end of the weekend, then giving me time to start some other cards. I spent some time today going through a book on Baseball Cards of the past century and through some old cards. I guess past work experience with a card grading company paid off for this.

Thanks guys!

---------
A quick addition to what was posted above, the reason career #'s do not match the stats that would appear to make sense for Latos/Strasburg is because I created these cards in the middle of the season, not at the start of the season.

Last edited by Tiesenberg; 07-17-2010 at 03:42 AM.
Tiesenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 12:47 PM   #58
Dark Horse
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiesenberg View Post
Your program looks like it works very well, using the CSV is a great idea.

I've been fooling around with the XML some more and fooled around some more with my template. Here's what I've got so far:

I've got a post in another part of the board asking for more of the %tokens, if I get that, hopefully will be able to add to the back of the card.
Just getting around to this thread.

i just had to say, these are awesome Tiesenberg!

Great idea!

A Justafan Fan

LBA Geo Bahn Rock Hounds

fan of the ISLANDIAN PRO ALLIANCE
Dark Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 10:46 PM   #59
conception
All Star Starter

Even though the baseball card feature has been mightily improved in the new versions, I'm still using the OOTP Utilities program to create a backlog of cards that I couldn't make earlier. The only issue is that they come out in HTML and sometimes the index page doesn't link to a foreign player's name properly.

Does anyone know a program where I can actually use a button to scroll through the html files, like I would through pages on a photo viewer?
conception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 09:25 PM   #60
patriotcoach
Minors (Double A)

This seems to be a great utility, if I could only get it to work

I got my CSV files imported but when I go to create cards, I only get through step 2 of 3 before it displays a fatal error.

I have it installed to my C: directory but can't seem to get it to completely create the cards.

Help!
patriotcoach is offline   Reply With Quote