Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions General chat about the game...

Old 07-14-2010, 02:51 AM   #21
DreamTeams
Hall Of Famer

Thanks. Looks great in-game. Looking forward to the variations.
Old 07-14-2010, 09:56 AM   #22
mikekg7s
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW View Post
I found a way to create gum stains on a card every now and then.

Now youngsters can digitally relive the pain of getting that Lance McCullers card with the atrocious stain on the back.

Also, as a bonus for the 1974 Topps set, during 1973 only, the Padres will have the infamous Washington "Nat'l Lea." variant (1973, because by the time the 1974 season started, the baseball world knew that they would stay in San Diego).

LOL! Great job, I can't wait to use it in game.
mikekg7s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 10:01 AM   #23
Malleus Dei
Hall Of Famer

BMW, this is really outstanding work.

If you're playing pre-1947 American baseball, then the All-American Mod (a namefiles/ethnicites/nation/cities file pack) is for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by statfreak View Post
MD has disciples.
Malleus Dei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 01:55 PM   #24
tylertoo
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavericktango View Post
if you go to the player page, down at the bottom amongst all the blue action buttons is a button marked pictures or something like that - click on that and in amongst the picture options it will say baseball card, clicking on that will display the baseball card(s) for that player
I'm very confused by this process.

I have followed the directions above in a league in which the players image is seen in his player profile (as opposed to the blurry generic player image).

I click on 'Pictures' then 'Baseball Cards' and up pops a box with the blurry generic player, not my guy. The text says "No basebacall card found. Click on 'New' to create one. Click on 'import' to load an image file."

I choose 'New'. Something is created. But all I see is the player's name, the current year, and the blurry guy. When I go into mysaved_games\{league name}\news\html\images\bb-cards folder, it is empty.

Any guidance would be appreciated. I want to generate a card, access the file out of game for printing etc.

The lack of documentation on this is frustrating . But its a great feature

EDIT: I should note this is a file from an online league in which I'm not the commish. Maybe that affects things.

Last edited by tylertoo; 07-15-2010 at 01:58 PM.
tylertoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 01:58 PM   #25
BMW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylertoo View Post

I have followed the directions above in a league in which the players image is seen in his player profile (as opposed to the blurry generic player image).

I click on 'Pictures' then 'Baseball Cards' and up pops a box with the blurry generic player, not my guy. The text says "No basebacall card found. Click on 'New' to create one. Click on 'import' to load an image file."

I choose 'New'. Something is created. But all I see is the player's name, the current year, and the blurry guy. When I go into mysaved_games\{league name}\news\html\images\bb-cards folder, it is empty.

Any guidance would be appreciated. I want to generate a card, access the file out of game for printing etc.

That's nothing I've ever seen before. It's almost as if you have no templates. Even if you had an incorrect default.xml, it should show something, even if it looks completely bizarre.

If you go here:
C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP\Baseball 11\bb_cards (Win7/Vista)

C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\My Documents\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 11\bb_cards (WinXP)
what's in your templates directory?

If it's an online league, does it have facegen enabled? i.e. can you recreate a new facegen picture for that player? When the game is using facegen, it will create a new headshot every time you make a card. If for some reason you did not have the ability to create new pictures, it could affect this. I've never tried in that mode.

Last edited by BMW; 07-15-2010 at 02:01 PM.
BMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 02:19 PM   #26
tylertoo
Major Leagues

BMW, thanks. This problem is indeed specific to that particular online league. I loaded a league file for a solo league and it worked fine.

Quote:
what's in your templates directory?
Heheh, what's in there now is your newly installed Topps template. In the solo league I created a card, though the lack of stats (which I know you're aware of) cropped up:

Quote:
If it's an online league, does it have facegen enabled? i.e. can you recreate a new facegen picture for that player? When the game is using facegen, it will create a new headshot every time you make a card. If for some reason you did not have the ability to create new pictures, it could affect this. I've never tried in that mode.
Not sure for the online league. Not sure how to find out (though I could email the commish).

Kudos on the new templates.
tylertoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 02:33 PM   #27
Corsairs
Hall Of Famer

Hey BMW, I'm the commissioner of the league tylertoo plays in. We're currently still playing under OOTP X. What tylertoo did was convert our OOTP X league file into OOTP 11. I'm assuming the problem is that, since he is not commissioner of the league, he can't make in-game adjustments to baseball card settings.

Is there something in particular I can do to help him (short of providing him with commissioner access, or course)? For instance, if I created a special OOTP 11 version of our league file, is it enough for me to enable baseball cards in the settings and let tylertoo deal with the template on his end?
Corsairs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 03:51 PM   #28
Dark Horse
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

EDIT: I should note this is a file from an online league in which I'm not the commish. Maybe that affects things.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsairs View Post
Hey BMW, I'm the commissioner of the league tylertoo plays in. We're currently still playing under OOTP X. What tylertoo did was convert our OOTP X league file into OOTP 11. I'm assuming the problem is that, since he is not commissioner of the league, he can't make in-game adjustments to baseball card settings.

Is there something in particular I can do to help him (short of providing him with commissioner access, or course)? For instance, if I created a special OOTP 11 version of our league file, is it enough for me to enable baseball cards in the settings and let tylertoo deal with the template on his end?

i submitted a ticket for this when v.11 first came out. For some strange reason, in online leagues, only the commissioner can create baseball cards. This is, at least the case in leagues, exported from v.10. Maybe, it's different in leagues created in v.11?

Hopefully, they'll come up with a solution.

A Justafan Fan

LBA Geo Bahn Rock Hounds

fan of the ISLANDIAN PRO ALLIANCE
Dark Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 04:00 PM   #29
kckid4u
All Star Reserve

Location: Pictured Above: Buck Barnett - Best Pitcher in OOTP History!
Damn, I came to this thread to post my opinion that the cards are a waste of time till I saw the ones BMW created here in this thread. BMW, your work with these has made me re-think that opinion. Those are fantastic. Please keep us up to date when you get the hof and all-star cards worked into your template, cause I have to have it!!!!
kckid4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 04:46 PM   #30
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Go to Database Info. There will be an Options (or a button titled something like that) in the lower right hand corner. Click it, and it will open a pop-up box which will allow you to disable them.

These are two templates I've made so far. They are also available on Padresfan's Site.

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...te-ootp11.html

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...te-ootp11.html
Just a heads up/FYI/NB. The location for the baseball card feature has been moved to the Fictional Picture Options on the Player and Picture Options Page post new update/patch thingy.

Last edited by actionjackson; 07-15-2010 at 04:49 PM.
actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 05:09 PM   #31
BMW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kckid4u View Post
Damn, I came to this thread to post my opinion that the cards are a waste of time till I saw the ones BMW created here in this thread. BMW, your work with these has made me re-think that opinion. Those are fantastic. Please keep us up to date when you get the hof and all-star cards worked into your template, cause I have to have it!!!!
They're available now! And all the awful bugs that Killing Time, GoCanes, Malleus Dei brought to my attention should be fixed.

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...ml#post3010560

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Horse View Post
i submitted a ticket for this when v.11 first came out. For some strange reason, in online leagues, only the commissioner can create baseball cards. This is, at least the case in leagues, exported from v.10. Maybe, it's different in leagues created in v.11?

Hopefully, they'll come up with a solution.
I'll be honest, I don't know if there are problems with online league non-commish users creating baseball cards. If this issue still exists after you turn on Baseball Card generation, then perhaps I can re-log the issue.

Last edited by BMW; 07-15-2010 at 05:11 PM.
Old 07-16-2010, 09:51 AM   #32
Dark Horse
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I'll be honest, I don't know if there are problems with online league non-commish users creating baseball cards. If this issue still exists after you turn on Baseball Card generation, then perhaps I can re-log the issue.
i've checked this with an old online league file where i commished. Baseball Card generation is enabled. When i sign in as the commish i can create cards. When i sign in as a manager. i cannot. The option is there to create the card. But when you go thru the steps no card is created.

Like i said, there is a ticket out there about it (DRC-560582) hopefully, they can get it fixed in the next update.

A Justafan Fan

LBA Geo Bahn Rock Hounds

fan of the ISLANDIAN PRO ALLIANCE
Dark Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 02:48 AM   #33
Fircoal
Minors (Double A)

Quote:

I'm having the same exact problem except it's not in an online league but a solo one. I'm so confused how to do this. >< I need help xwx;;;
Fircoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 10:05 AM   #34
BMW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fircoal View Post
I'm having the same exact problem except it's not in an online league but a solo one. I'm so confused how to do this. >< I need help xwx;;;
Someone asked me about this in a solo league, and they said that the issue fixed itself when the upgraded to 11.2.18.

If that's not the case, what did your cards look like prior to using this template? I'm grasping at straws here a little bit, because there's nothing that the template can do that would cause this.

It's more likely something with the baseball card generation itself, and I've never run into this issue.
Old 07-22-2010, 10:26 AM   #35
Fircoal
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Someone asked me about this in a solo league, and they said that the issue fixed itself when the upgraded to 11.2.18.

If that's not the case, what did your cards look like prior to using this template? I'm grasping at straws here a little bit, because there's nothing that the template can do that would cause this.

It's more likely something with the baseball card generation itself, and I've never run into this issue.
I'm not sure. While I see some all-star cards were generated successfully in the past. I haven't seen any since I've switched the template to a new one, and I didn't really try very much with the default settings but I believe then it didn't work.

Can you inform me on how the baseball cards are supposed to be generated to see if there's something I'm doing wrong? xwx
Old 07-22-2010, 10:59 AM   #36
BMW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fircoal View Post
I'm not sure. While I see some all-star cards were generated successfully in the past. I haven't seen any since I've switched the template to a new one, and I didn't really try very much with the default settings but I believe then it didn't work.

Can you inform me on how the baseball cards are supposed to be generated to see if there's something I'm doing wrong? xwx
In order to get a better idea of what is happening...

You should be able to go to a player Pictures menu to select baseball cards. In there, create a New one. What do you see?

After you've done this, go to your Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 11\bb_cards directory. Take the one called "templates" and rename it "templates_bak". Take the one called "templates - Original" and rename it to "templates"

Then go back to the game (you shouldn't need to restart the game). Use player Pictures menu to select baseball cards. In there, create a New one. What do you see? Is it the old version of the card with the same problem?

What do the cards look like in general? Can you post a screenshot of the cards and a screenshot of the FaceGen settings?
Old 07-22-2010, 03:42 PM   #37
Fircoal
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
In order to get a better idea of what is happening...

You should be able to go to a player Pictures menu to select baseball cards. In there, create a New one. What do you see?

After you've done this, go to your Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 11\bb_cards directory. Take the one called "templates" and rename it "templates_bak". Take the one called "templates - Original" and rename it to "templates"

Then go back to the game (you shouldn't need to restart the game). Use player Pictures menu to select baseball cards. In there, create a New one. What do you see? Is it the old version of the card with the same problem?

What do the cards look like in general? Can you post a screenshot of the cards and a screenshot of the FaceGen settings?
I tried that and this is what I got:
Old 07-22-2010, 04:44 PM   #38
BMW
Hall Of Famer

I'm thinking through potential issues, so bear with me. (also what version of OOTP are you on currently?)
  1. You have the same issue as the online guys above, which right now, appears that it could be OOTP itself and unrelated to the template. I'm not saying that is it, just that there's that possibility, especially since we're not 100% certain what is causing their issue.
  2. I was going to say that you might have a slightly misnamed folder or XML file. However, I've tried this and the game pretty clearly states that it can't find the file or that the parser cannot find the file. So that's not it.
  3. I took a game that I just installed on my computer and took a file from an online league that I am in (happen to have commish rights). I "installed" the 1974 Topps templates and it worked off the bat.
  4. I confirmed the inability for a non-commish in an online league to create cards. Turning off the commish flag came up with no card generated.
  5. Enable Baseball cards does what it should - deselecting this option removes the option from the Player Picture menu.
  6. Picture Search mode doesn't affect this. Works regardless of what you've selected.
  7. I've tried all the above on both 11.2.15 and 11.2.18 and cards always generated, either with the default template or the 1974 Topps template.
  8. I disabled the online league functionality and took off the Commish setting from my user. It generated the cards successfully.
  9. Disabling other options, such as Importing historical FaceGens, the time period on which pictures are updated, whether pictures are updated on demand all have no effect, the card always generated successfully.
So, I've tried just about every FaceGen option that I could toggle and the only way I can recreate that non-card issue is by being a non-commish in an online league.

If that's not the cause of your problem and you are on 11.2.18, you might want to provide your files to Andreas. Someone who has this problem will need to provide files at some point.
Old 07-22-2010, 04:48 PM   #39
BMW
Hall Of Famer

I even went so far as to recreate a team with the odd ï character that you have in that team name. It still generated the cards correctly.
Old 07-22-2010, 04:55 PM   #40
Fircoal
Minors (Double A)

I'm on the newest version and none of these are online leagues (I tried it with others and it did the same on them. However on one of mine in which cards were made before from the all-star game (Which it doesn't even do that anymore xwx) it just gives out the same card again and when I reselect the baseball cards screen the "new" card is gone. This leads me to believe it's creating some sort of pseudo card that has the same details as displayed before. But I'm nawt sure, it's confusing me xwx;;;