Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Title Bout Championship Boxing > TBCB Feature suggestions / Wish list

TBCB Feature suggestions / Wish list Discuss feature suggestions for Title Bout Professional Boxing here.

Old 05-22-2014, 09:47 PM   #101
APBAgreat
Minors (Single A)

I like the idea of introducing Amateur Boxing into the TBCB Game. Before the introduction of head gear there wasn't all that much of a difference between amateur and professional boxing other than the amount of rounds being fought. In the days prior to Amateur Boxers wearing head gear during the bout there were many compelling and exciting amateur bouts. One of the best I have ever seen was Aaron Pryor v. Tommy Hearns. . As far as I’m concerned Pryor was the best ever Junior Welterweight in the history of Boxing. His ability to take a punch was inc9omparable to anyone in any weight class. Plus his durability and seemingly endless reserve of stamina that allowed him to fight every round at full tilt. I can only name a handful of Boxers who actually seemed to become more energized as the bout progressed. #1 has to be the indefatigable Rocky Marciano. His feats of endurance were truly beyond remarkable. No matter how battered , cut-up, swollen & regardless of the degree of punishment he was being subjected to, Marciano came out of every single round at full steam, bobbing, weaving, ducking, crouched low to the canvass and rising in an explosive blast of pulverizing power that no opponent was able to overcome. Pryor had a very different style, but in his prime he would be able to move and batter his opponents at full tilt in each and every round, seemingly never winded, or out of breath for a nano-second, while soaking up his opponents best punches without any problem while letting go of his own power laden blows that would decimate his opponents. There was no fighter too big or too strong or that could hit hard enough that could deter either one of these men from continuing to operate every second of the bout with the peddle to the metal all fight long. And this, let me remind you, was in the era of 15 round bouts. It would be a wonderful thing for boxing to return to the 15 Round limit for championship bouts. So many of the dramatic moments in Boxing history occurred subsequent to the 12tth round, including Rocky Marciano's great come from behind victory he had in a match against the great Jersey Joe Walcott that was seemingly lost, with Rocky being battered and his nose split open. Obviously if this match took place today Marciano would have lost by a 12 round unanimous decision or far more likely a 9th or 10th round TKO... There is absolutely no way that Marciano would have been allowed to continue to box with the damage and injuries he had sustained to his face by the pulverizing accuracy of Walcott’s laser like punches, which were continually on target and landing with force. Nobody, unless they had intimate information on the super toughness of Marciano which is unmatched by anyone in the history of the game, would have believed that Marciano would have comeback to knockout Jersey Joe who was witnessing that bout as it happened. Probably the greatest and most amazing comeback of all-time, or at the very least on part with the greatest Bout I ever witnessed was the May 7th, 2005 bout between Diego Corrales and El Terrible Luis Castillo which had so many vicious exchanges with each man on the precipice of defeat only to come storming back to within a Punch or two of victory but Instead their opponent absurdly rallied back with a phenomenal counter attack too amazing for words. If this fight was proposed in a script a Hollywood Producer would say it's beyond anyone’s wildest imagination that two men can survive each other's blistering attacks time and time again until Corrales on the very edge of defeat somehow came back to finally score a TKO in the 10th round of the scheduled 12 round bout. A few months later in the rematch Castillo turned the tables and knocked out Diego Corrales in the 4th round. This was truly the wildest fight that contained so many comebacks it seemed like a Rocky movie on steroids. I don't know if there has ever been a more savage, brutal exciting fight, except from what I read the Jim Jeffries vs. Tom Sharkey bout conducted at Coney Island Brooklyn in November 3, 1899 between Jim Jeffries and Tom Sharkey for Jeffries Heavyweight Title, which Jeffries won by a 25 Round Decision. I would love to see this bout someday as it was the first Championship Bout ever filmed it its entirety and from what I understand still exists in its entirety. The lights hanging perilously over the ring, that were required to provide ample light for the fight to be filmed emitted such heat of such a great magnitude that it singed the hair of both combatants. It was by all accounts a savage bout when Boxers wore no mouthpieces and the gloves were far lighter than those used in the last 85 years. Ironically it's a bout that would never take place today due to the great weight difference between Sharkey who at 5'8 weighed only 183 lbs, which in today's world of boxing there is no division for a man that weighs between 175 to 195 lbs. I am relatively certain that no man that weighed between 189-180 lbs has fought for either the Cruiserweight Title since the weight limit was extended to 200 lbs, and certainly not in the heavyweight Division since the days of Floyd Patterson in the 1950's at the latest I truly doubt Rocky Marciano would be a heavyweight today. Would he fight at 185 lbs in the Cruiserweight Division? Would Dempsey? There is literally no Division in Today's Boxing Divisions despite the proliferation of weight classes where Marciano, Dempsey or old tom Sharkey could compete at 183-185 lbs. By the way, Jeffries stood 6'3 1/2 & weighed 223 lbs when he defended his weight title successfully against Sharkey back in 1899. The ironic aspect is that the Newspapers attributed Jeffries win to his superior Boxing skills rather than the brute force of Sharkey. Somehow I can't envision this bout occurring in today’s world. Most likely Sharkey wouldn't even campaign as a Cruiserweight. He would probably campaign as a slimmed down Light heavyweight, while Jeffries would still be a Heavyweight but probably a bit heavier than in 1899. Sharkey might be able to get up to 195 + lbs, but would he do that at only 5 feet eight inches or is it far more likely that he would box as a Light Heavyweight? I tend to believe the latter, if not even trying to Box as a Super middleweight at 168 lbs, might be a bit of a stretch as Sharkey was a very broad shouldered heavily muscled man by nature. And may I add one very tough son of ‘a gun.
APBAgreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 12:05 AM   #102
Joe Schmo
Banned

This looks like a great idea.
Joe Schmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 01:23 PM   #103
Cap
Hall Of Famer

Funny how Jeffries seems to get taller with the passing of time. In December of 1903 he was examined by Dr. D.A. Sargent of Harvard University, and among other things, it was noted he stood just a hair over 6 feet tall. Compare his height to that of Bob Fitzsimmons in that famous photo of the two men standing shoulder to shoulder. They are almost indentical in height and Bob was just under six foot.

Cap

Last edited by Cap; 07-24-2014 at 01:26 PM.
Cap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 06:46 PM   #104
Cap
Hall Of Famer

This has been mentioned before somewhere, but the verdict announcement needs work in some instances. For example, a split decision:

Here's how one was announced today:
Attached Images
Old 01-01-2015, 06:47 PM   #105
Cap
Hall Of Famer

This would be better:
Attached Images
Old 01-04-2015, 09:31 PM   #106
APBAgreat
Minors (Single A)

Thumbs up Announcing Bout Results

I'm in agreement that the 2nd version for announcing the final of a bout is far superior in a number of ways. 1st, It's more realistic as bouts are more frequently announced in this juxtaposition of words;

2nd, It's more suspenseful.
Old 02-03-2015, 09:37 AM   #107
damianhucker1
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Ive been playing an online boxing manager game lately called rooq boxing (check it out if you havent already)
Anyway it got me back to thinking about title bout when we eventually get a manager mode.
My suggestion/ wish is to see belts get a reputation percentage, and for boxers to also have a reputation (maybe in replacement of draw) it will add levels of prestige to some belts and also make clear which are not so important, and the boxers reputation would then lead to them turning down a fight for a title they consider below them, such as a world class boxer not boxing for the southern england area title.

Also in addition it would be good if there was a dropdown to state which areas boxers can fight for that belt, ie World (ie ALL) , continental (ie Europe, North America etc) National (ie British, USA, Brazillian etc etc) and regional (ie southern England, welsh, Florida etc etc) and we should be able to select upto 5 options so that certain belts such as asia pacific or Intercontintal or whatever can exist too.

I wish for what is basically a mix of Title bout, rooq, football manager and WMMA4, im not an mma fan but i play wmma4 simply because its whats missing from boxing.
damianhucker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 05:05 PM   #108
Lee
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap View Post
This would be better:

When Paul gets back to this after OOTP is released I will look into the text commentary file and see if I can change it....

Edit, one option I think I might be able to do is not have any names listed after the scores if I can not get it to just recognize the last line of a split decision, thoughts on that?

Last edited by Lee; 02-14-2015 at 05:06 PM.
Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 12:05 PM   #109
Hank1974
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by damianhucker1 View Post
Ive been playing an online boxing manager game lately called rooq boxing (check it out if you havent already)
Anyway it got me back to thinking about title bout when we eventually get a manager mode.
My suggestion/ wish is to see belts get a reputation percentage, and for boxers to also have a reputation (maybe in replacement of draw) it will add levels of prestige to some belts and also make clear which are not so important, and the boxers reputation would then lead to them turning down a fight for a title they consider below them, such as a world class boxer not boxing for the southern england area title.

Also in addition it would be good if there was a dropdown to state which areas boxers can fight for that belt, ie World (ie ALL) , continental (ie Europe, North America etc) National (ie British, USA, Brazillian etc etc) and regional (ie southern England, welsh, Florida etc etc) and we should be able to select upto 5 options so that certain belts such as asia pacific or Intercontintal or whatever can exist too.

I wish for what is basically a mix of Title bout, rooq, football manager and WMMA4, im not an mma fan but i play wmma4 simply because its whats missing from boxing.
I just checked out what WMMA4 was all about, and holy crap does that game have features!
I would love a boxing game as deep as that.

On a side note, wasn't there an earlier version of TBCB that had a managers mode?
I could have sworn I played a demo of a boxing sim nearly 10 years (or more) ago where you started as a lowly trainer/manager and had to find unsigned talent to train.
All the attributes were static so you had to do what you could, with what you had.
If you managed to steer some of these fighters to success, more talented boxers would be inclined to sign with you.

Am I losing my mind or did something like that actually exist. I'm convinced I had played the demo.
But it appears that game went under.
I do know that the creators of that game offered a hand in helping with the career mode in EA's Fight Night series.
Sadly, they were turned down.
Hank1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 04:54 PM   #110
bob_bask
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank1974 View Post
On a side note, wasn't there an earlier version of TBCB that had a managers mode?
I could have sworn I played a demo of a boxing sim nearly 10 years (or more) ago where you started as a lowly trainer/manager and had to find unsigned talent to train.
All the attributes were static so you had to do what you could, with what you had.
If you managed to steer some of these fighters to success, more talented boxers would be inclined to sign with you.
That was World Championship Boxing Manager. Not sure if it's still downloadable.

"I occasionally agreed to carry an opponent, almost always in what is known as a tune-up fight. I never considered it morally wrong as long as I was winning the fight. I was never a killer, like some fighters. I never enjoyed knocking out a guy who I knew had no chance to beat me." Sugar Ray Robinson
bob_bask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 04:57 PM   #111
Cap
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
When Paul gets back to this after OOTP is released I will look into the text commentary file and see if I can change it....

Edit, one option I think I might be able to do is not have any names listed after the scores if I can not get it to just recognize the last line of a split decision, thoughts on that?
Missed this somehow. What did you mean "...just recognize the last line of a split decision..." ?

I'm pretty sure something as simple as my earlier suggestion would be doable. Funny thing is, watching a ton of old fights on Youtube I'm surprised how often they announced the scores from each judge straight so you already knew after the first two announced scores who won the fight. Now they're smart enough to maintain a little suspense. If it's unanimous, they don't mention the fighter at all until the end.

Even in my second example above, I'd pause more before announcing the winner's name.

Cap
Old 02-27-2015, 05:54 PM   #112
Cap
Hall Of Famer

This idea is pretty rough. Just did it quick and dirty to give you guys the idea I had in mind. Just before the start of the round, after the ring card girl, how about the image of a ringside bell showing the round and sounding the start of the round? Yo, Paulie! How hard would this be to do?
Attached Images

Last edited by Cap; 02-27-2015 at 05:55 PM.
Old 08-30-2015, 01:25 PM   #113
Cap
Hall Of Famer

Here's an edited screen from TB 2.5. How about having the points scored optional so, if you don't want to see them you can turn it off in the main options panel after you boot up the game? [In 2.5 they are down below while in 2013 they are on top.] That section of the screen looks more suitable to amateur competition than the pros. Also have the bars in stronger colours reflecting the Red corner and Blue corner.

Cap

EDIT: Did not realize turning off the points was already an option.
Attached Images

Last edited by Cap; 02-18-2016 at 10:04 AM.
Old 08-31-2015, 02:15 AM   #114
APBAgreat
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post

Are there still plans for a new version of Title Bout? I guess it would need to be Title Bout 2016. Has Title Bout thrown in the sponge and towel and handed over their game over to P.I.S.D.? Title Bout's game seems a lot better than their TBCB 2013 to me anyway. I noticed that You can no longer get EVERY new Boxers when updating from the pool. I was hoping to get Lomaschenko into my Featherweights but there is no way to get him.
Old 12-26-2015, 08:51 PM   #115
SirMichaelJordan
Hall Of Famer

Anyone played Boxing Manager 2 on mobile? I think some concepts from that game as well as some concepts from the failed kick start Ring Kings would make career mode great.
SirMichaelJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 08:58 PM   #116
TheMaus2
All Star Starter

Kinda wish I knew how to get this game for free.

I also listen to music no one's ever heard of in hopes of looking cool and alternative.
TheMaus2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 05:37 PM   #117
APBAgreat
Minors (Single A)

Cap,

I was incorrect about James J. Jefferies height being 6'3 1/2. According to every reliable source that I have researched, his correct height was 6'1 1/2 & he weighed 228 lbs for his bout with Jack Johnson. Jeffries weighed 210 lbs to Tom Sharkey's 183 lbs, which would make it under today's standards a bout between a Heavyweight & a very small Cruiserweight. Are you are aware of any Cruiserweight weighing less than 190 lbs for a Cruiserweight Championship Bout since they raised the Cruiserweight maximum weight to 200 lbs?
Old 10-10-2016, 08:32 PM   #118
APBAgreat
Minors (Single A)

The Title Bout 2013 Game has many records that conflict with Box/Rec and their ratings of the current Boxers is unfortunately approximately three years behind. They are still rating Santa Cruz as a Junior Bantamweight (5)
Old 06-20-2020, 09:59 PM   #119
APBAgreat
Minors (Single A)

Is anybody out there?
Old 08-12-2020, 10:44 PM   #120
Antonin
Hall Of Famer

One of the things I wish we could do with TBCB 2.5 is start a universe at a particular date, and have the histories of all active boxers already populated. That way, you could easily create a "career of" a particular fighter. You could start the day before someone like, say, Kelly Pavlik, had his first pro fight. You could then do a career replay if you want, matching him against journeymen and eventually seasoned vets.
Cultural icons, gone but not forgotten: David Bowie, Lou Reed, William S. Burroughs, Tristan Tzara, Jack Kerouac, Allen Ginsburg, Jimi Hendrix, John Cage, Johnny Thunders (New York Dolls), Mike Hudson (The Pagans), Joey Ramone (Ramones), Stiv Bators (Dead Boys), Tomata Du Plenty (The Screamers), Joe Strummer (The Clash), Lester Bangs
Antonin is offline   Reply With Quote