Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Developments > Talk Sports

Talk Sports Discuss everything that is sports-related, like MLB, NFL, NHL, NBA, MLS, NASCAR, NCAA sports and teams, trades, coaches, bad calls etc.

Old 02-28-2020, 03:04 PM   #1
Cobra Mgr
Hall Of Famer

The Snickers bar isn't working

Just in case we need more proof of how stoooooooopid the population is.
4 all my future crimes.

- Prince
Batdance
June 7, 1958 - Apr 21, 2016
Cobra Mgr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 04:52 PM   #2
PocketsAintFull
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra Mgr View Post
Amazing
Old 02-28-2020, 05:21 PM   #3
Ragnar
Hall Of Famer

Oh my god! People really have no shame anymore. Or better yet, no fear of shame. Know what you're saying before you open your ignorant mouth.

There's a you tube channel called list 25. At one point they did an episode on disasters over the last decade around the world. From 2010 to 2019. Some people went ballistic that they didn't include 9/11. People too ignorant to take the time to know what they're talking about before opening their mouths. Apparently they thought it took place in 2011. You can guess their age range within 5 years.
Ragnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 06:04 PM   #4
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
Oh my god! People really have no shame anymore. Or better yet, no fear of shame. Know what you're saying before you open your ignorant mouth.

There's a you tube channel called list 25. At one point they did an episode on disasters over the last decade around the world. From 2010 to 2019. Some people went ballistic that they didn't include 9/11. People too ignorant to take the time to know what they're talking about before opening their mouths. Apparently they thought it took place in 2011. You can guess their age range within 5 years.
It's the effect of all this stupid social media. People are making with the thumbs before they engage their brains, if they ever do so. The truly awful aspect of social media is that it exposes and magnifies a basic fact of the human condition: Most of us really are that dumb.

- Bru

Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 07:37 PM   #5
ForeverRoyalKC
All Star Starter

In the immortal words of Blue Collar comedian, Bill Ingvall....

HERE'S YOUR SIGN.
ForeverRoyalKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 07:54 PM   #6
Cobra Mgr
Hall Of Famer

It saddens me these idiots are allowed to breed.
4 all my future crimes.

- Prince
Batdance
Old 02-28-2020, 08:19 PM   #7
Rizon
Hall Of Famer

I have one of those 90's reversible Barry Sanders jerseys. I should start wearing it around.
Old 02-28-2020, 08:22 PM   #8
low
Hall Of Famer

This is a good example if political blindness. This is also the very instance that makes social media a bane to our existence. It gives every moron in the world a platform.
low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 08:40 PM   #9
scott1964
Hall Of Famer

Stupidity in action.

PETA.....People Eating Tasty Animals.

scott1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 09:59 PM   #10
CBeisbol
Banned

A lot of people here throwing stones

Always interesting to see people on an internet forum making fun of people for posting on social media.

And, then there's the difference between intelligence and knowledge

Last edited by CBeisbol; 02-28-2020 at 10:08 PM.
CBeisbol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 12:12 AM   #11
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Always interesting to see a person on an internet forum making fun of people making fun of people for posting on social media.

- Bru

Old 02-29-2020, 12:46 AM   #12
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBeisbol View Post
A lot of people here throwing stones

Always interesting to see people on an internet forum making fun of people for posting on social media.

And, then there's the difference between intelligence and knowledge
And your point is?

RichW

#stopthestupid

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 09:12 AM   #13
CBeisbol
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RchW View Post
And your point is?
That everyone posting here about how "stupid" people are for not knowing about Barry Sanders or about the problems with social media have almost certainly don'e something similar.

I'll at least give Deja credit for saying "us". Because in my first interaction with him he engaged in the exact behavior that he's decrying here

And the poster who started the thread, who thought they knew how to "calculate" OPS but when shown the formula had no idea what they were looking at.

Last edited by CBeisbol; 02-29-2020 at 09:26 AM.
Old 02-29-2020, 11:27 AM   #14
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBeisbol View Post
I'll at least give Deja credit for saying "us". Because in my first interaction with him he engaged in the exact behavior that he's decrying here
Whoa.

You are equating our difference of opinion about sabermetrics which, believe me, I looked into, tried to like, admittedly couldn't readily understand the intricacies of some of it, could have done so if I chose to devote the time and effort, but ultimately chose not to because I couldn't see the value of it, with the topic of this thread? Who is doing the virtual blurting now, eh?

You know nothing about me but I will fill you in on just a couple of facts. I hold an M.B.A. degree for which, among other things, I needed to pass a couple of courses on advanced statistics. I recently retired as the chief financial officer of my corporation. I have detected no sign of my contracting Alzheimer's Disease or any other form of dementia as of yet.

Now, sir, who is the person who is typing without knowing what he is talking about? I have been on the fence about you but you are one of those people who just loves to argue and confront. No matter what is said, you will say the opposite and do so in a condescending way.

I am done with you. Back to the ignore list you go, this time to stay. Enjoy the rest of your time on this forum.

- Bru

Old 02-29-2020, 11:34 AM   #15
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Ahhh. Relative peace and quiet again.
Attached Images

- Bru

Old 02-29-2020, 01:43 PM   #16
Cobra Mgr
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Déjà Bru View Post
you are one of those people who just loves to argue and confront. No matter what is said, you will say the opposite and do so in a condescending way.

I am done with you. Back to the ignore list you go, this time to stay. Enjoy the rest of your time on this forum.
I don't know why more up here haven't 1) drawn the same conclusion and 2) taken the same action. Welcome to the club.

Dude has to be a mighty miserable human being to get such delight in irritating people who have never caused him personal harm.
4 all my future crimes.

- Prince
Batdance
Old 02-29-2020, 02:57 PM   #17
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I don't know why more up here haven't 1) drawn the same conclusion and 2) taken the same action. Welcome to the club.

Dude has to be a mighty miserable human being to get such delight in irritating people who have never caused him personal harm.
You know, I hate doing that. I really do.

But he never gives an inch and always has to be fighting, even when you try to conciliate with him. Even when you agree with him, he has to have the last word and often with a slight air of disagreement on something. And the condescension . . .

Regardless, no one will insult me to my virtual face like that and get away without a rebuke. I've had my say, made my decision (which is unfortunate in another way: the guy does have brains), and I have moved on.

Let him have his last word now and then I suggest that we all move on.

- Bru

Old 02-29-2020, 04:35 PM   #18
thehef
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by low View Post
This is a good example if political blindness. This is also the very instance that makes social media a bane to our existence. It gives every moron in the world a platform.
This ^^^ combined with a culture that encourages people to find any little thing to take offense to.
thehef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 06:34 PM   #19
CBeisbol
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Déjà Bru View Post
Whoa.

You are equating our difference of opinion about sabermetrics which, believe me, I looked into, tried to like, admittedly couldn't readily understand the intricacies of some of it, could have done so if I chose to devote the time and effort, but ultimately chose not to because I couldn't see the value of it, with the topic of this thread? Who is doing the virtual blurting now, eh?

You know nothing about me but I will fill you in on just a couple of facts. I hold an M.B.A. degree for which, among other things, I needed to pass a couple of courses on advanced statistics. I recently retired as the chief financial officer of my corporation. I have detected no sign of my contracting Alzheimer's Disease or any other form of dementia as of yet.

Now, sir, who is the person who is typing without knowing what he is talking about? I have been on the fence about you but you are one of those people who just loves to argue and confront. No matter what is said, you will say the opposite and do so in a condescending way.

The lady doth protest too much, methinks

The Irony is so thick.

People in *this* thread complaining about condescension

People (very stupid): post online about how a "Sanders 20" jersey is political, but, actually, it's not

Deja (very smart): posts online about how the formula for WAR is super secret, but, actually it's not
Attached Images

Last edited by CBeisbol; 03-01-2020 at 10:41 AM.
Old 02-29-2020, 06:38 PM   #20
CBeisbol
Banned

Cobra MGR:
Quote:
Also Cobra MGR
Quote:
Read the sig

Last edited by CBeisbol; 03-01-2020 at 09:56 AM.