Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 04-27-2019, 01:36 PM   #1
Boomcoach
All Star Reserve

Funds for FA and Extentions

I wonder how these two numbers are calculated. I am in a position that I have some players I would love to extend, but I have no money for extensions. At the same time I have 25 million available for Free Agents, but nothing worth signing.

Let's Go Crew
Boomcoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 05:42 PM   #2
BoomerSoonerAMH
Minors (Double A)

The difference in the numbers is related to when the budget surplus exists.

For example, if you have a $100M budget and have spent $75M for the current year, you could spend $25M on FA for the current year. In the same scenario, if your contractual obligations for next year were $100M, you wouldn’t have any room for extensions. The reason is that extensions wouldn’t kick in until the next year.

I find myself in the reverse situation more frequently. For example, with the same $100M budget, I’ll often have no room for FA because I’ve spent all $100M. Because I prefer shorter contracts, I’ll often have several expiring at the end of a given season, and thus I might have $25M for extensions.

Ultimately the answer to your question is that money for FA is if you have a surplus in the immediate season and money for extensions is if you have a surplus in following seasons. Maybe a little oversimplified, but I think this will answer your question.
BoomerSoonerAMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 10:25 PM   #3
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

check 'accounting' screen and you can deduce the difference between the two pools of money. like boomer said, it is about when theh payments are made, to some extent... alsoo,excess money on hand can be used for extensions but not FA, if i recall.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 01:47 PM   #4
Greenbay
Minors (Double A)

So, if you don't spend that $25-million on FA this season, where does it go?
Greenbay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 02:43 PM   #5
BoomerSoonerAMH
Minors (Double A)

The owner’s pockets.
BoomerSoonerAMH is offline   Reply With Quote