Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 03-19-2019, 12:03 PM   #21
Pete Grassi
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghetto Anthony View Post
I work in IT and this guy is literally the example of the worst customers I get. The type of people that make you hate people. Markus/Lukas you guys handled this situation great - kudos.
I know, paying for a game early and expecting to be able to play it on release date, crazy for me to think that.
Pete Grassi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 12:12 PM   #22
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Grassi View Post
I know, paying for a game early and expecting to be able to play it on release date, crazy for me to think that.
Pete, I get it that you are frustrated. And I would love to help you, but unfortunately I can't directly, we have no access to the eSellerate code / system.

Are you sure you followed all the troubleshooting steps, like disabling firewalls / virus scanners? As I said, this kind of problem is exteremely rare, like only one out of 2,000 customers have issues with the activation.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 12:20 PM   #23
SportingZoo
Bat Boy

"I can't believe this, everywhere I go smells like ****!"
SportingZoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 12:23 PM   #24
Pete Grassi
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Pete, I get it that you are frustrated. And I would love to help you, but unfortunately I can't directly, we have no access to the eSellerate code / system.

Are you sure you followed all the troubleshooting steps, like disabling firewalls / virus scanners? As I said, this kind of problem is exteremely rare, like only one out of 2,000 customers have issues with the activation.
Yes. All firewalls/virus scanners have been turned off since I downloaded. I cannot activate online or offline.
Old 03-19-2019, 12:52 PM   #25
BirdWatcher
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Hello Pete- I so very much appreciate your frustration here. And I don't want this to devolve into an argument where you get denigrated and you respond with anger and defensiveness.

I think you are absolutely right that if this happens to you every year that is a problem. But I think the point that others are making here is that this doesn't happen to the vast majority of people here, either every year or even any year. So this is not to put the blame on you but it is to say that clearly something needs to be resolved, hopefully before this happens next year, that seems to be pretty much unique to your circumstance.

I hear that the developers are trying their hardest to work with you to try to identify what might be going wrong, but also that there are things out of their hands. Hopefully eSellerate can help you identify what keeps going wrong and help you to avoid it in the future.

Again, your frustration is understandable and I certainly sympathize.
But it does seem like you are mis-directing your frustration a bit at this point. I hope that with the help of those best situated to identify the problem you will be contentedly playing OOTP20 soon.
I believe it will be worth the wait, as always. But hopefully in the future you won't have to wait so long.
BirdWatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 01:08 PM   #26
Pete Grassi
Major Leagues

While unique, it happens on all my devices with any internet connection I use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdWatcher View Post
Hello Pete- I so very much appreciate your frustration here. And I don't want this to devolve into an argument where you get denigrated and you respond with anger and defensiveness.

I think you are absolutely right that if this happens to you every year that is a problem. But I think the point that others are making here is that this doesn't happen to the vast majority of people here, either every year or even any year. So this is not to put the blame on you but it is to say that clearly something needs to be resolved, hopefully before this happens next year, that seems to be pretty much unique to your circumstance.

I hear that the developers are trying their hardest to work with you to try to identify what might be going wrong, but also that there are things out of their hands. Hopefully eSellerate can help you identify what keeps going wrong and help you to avoid it in the future.

Again, your frustration is understandable and I certainly sympathize.
But it does seem like you are mis-directing your frustration a bit at this point. I hope that with the help of those best situated to identify the problem you will be contentedly playing OOTP20 soon.
I believe it will be worth the wait, as always. But hopefully in the future you won't have to wait so long.
Old 03-19-2019, 01:32 PM   #27
jimmysthebestcop
Banned

Infractions: 0/2 (5)
Quote:
What do you mean by any internet connection?

There is only 2 things that can stop the activation. Either Windows configuration or something on your Router.

You could try disabling wifi on your cell phone and using its LTE as a hotspot connecting to it with computer and trying to activate.

Or you get a 2nd hard disk or ssd and install fresh install of windows. boot to that and try activation.

Either way to troubleshoot it. We would need a ton of information about your computer with OOTP installed on it and your router. But we would have to start eliminating problems. Only way to do it is with a different computer hooked up to your network, your computer hooked up to a different network, clean computer hooked up to a different network.

Last edited by jimmysthebestcop; 03-19-2019 at 01:34 PM.
jimmysthebestcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 01:33 PM   #28
BirdWatcher
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Yes, I hear you. And I am certainly no tech expert (far from it! )
But clearly something is consistently breaking down and it is very unlikely something that the OOTP developers have direct control over, from the evidence at hand. I sincerely hope that you can get to the bottom of this soon and never have this issue again.

A little anecdote that likely won't be any help at all (): I order a lot of clothing online. Other than baseball, things sartorial are a primary passion of mine. And I very much trust the few main online sources I use for this. But one time a package was marked as delivered but I never received it. I didn't know if someone had stolen it or what kind of mix up might have happened. It wasn't a huge order, monetarily one of my smallest. So I just figured it was a lost cause and moved on. But a few weeks later I happened to notice a small package sitting on the porch of a neighbor across the street. Not quite sure how long it had been there or why they didn't identify that it was for someone right across the street and bring it to me. But it had the look of the packaging the company I purchased my clothing from used. I hesitantly walked onto their porch (it didn't seem anyone was home) and sure enough it was my missing package.
Yes, I know, this was a one-time deal and not a repeated problem. I know it's not the same. But my essential point is that in any transaction process there is no assurance of 100% success. And often the problem isn't with the provider of the product or the consumer, but something that goes wrong in between. That's probably the case here too, but since it is something that is happening consistently there is more motivation to fix it but also more reason to believe that once it is fixed all will be smooth moving forward.
BirdWatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 01:42 PM   #29
Pete Grassi
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post

Markus/Lukas,

I was able to get the game activated. As a troubleshooting method, I deleted and re-installed the game, disconnected from my internet connection at work, connected via my personal hotspot on my cell phone and was able to activate online. Not sure if there was a connection on my office wi-fi that was blocking the activation back (Lukas mentioned it appeared it was an issue coming back to my machine) but that is what worked.

Apologies for sounding off, but the process is amazingly frustrating, and has happened outside of my work wifi. And I have to go through this process every year.
Old 03-19-2019, 01:43 PM   #30
Pirates
Major Leagues

Quote:
Yes. All firewalls/virus scanners have been turned off since I downloaded. I cannot activate online or offline.
Did you try this way? It gives a phone number to call.
Hope this helps.

How to Contact Technical Support

SUMMARY

This article provides guidance for Publishers, Affiliates and SplitPay Payees on contacting eSellerate's Technical Support / Client Services team.

MORE INFORMATION

There are different ways to contact eSellerate Client Services for technical or account assistance. The options available depend on what type of account you have with eSellerate:

If you have an eSellerate Publisher account, there are two main methods of contacting eSellerate Client Services to request support: Submit a Ticket via the Support Portal or Send an E-mail Message.
For eSellerate Affiliates and SplitPay Payees, please contact Client Services via e-mail.
End customers / consumers / purchasers can contact our dedicated Customer Support team by e-mail or telephone.

Submit a Ticket via the Support Portal

eSellerate Publishers can log on to the support portal with just one click and no need to enter any credentials - just click the Support link at the top right-hand corner of any page in the control panel.

Note: This option is not available for Affiliates or SplitPay Payees.

Once on the support portal, you can view your entire ticket history - including messages you have sent and responses from eSellerate - and reply to an existing ticket or submit a new one.

The support portal also features an extensive Knowledge Base that can be an invaluable tool in finding the answers to our most frequently-asked questions. In many cases, you may be able to find the answer to your question immediately, without even having to submit a ticket.

To reply to an existing ticket, just click the Provide Additional Info button towards the bottom of the Ticket Detail page, as shown here:

Send an E-mail Message

As always, Publishers, Affiliates and SplitPay Payees can also e-mail eSellerate Client Services at support@esellerate.net for assistance. When publishers send e-mail to that address from an e-mail address associated with their publisher accounts, the support system will automatically create a ticket in the portal, as well.

For publishers who prefer e-mail over using the portal, you need never log on or view the portal at all (though the Knowledge Base is highly recommended). But if you need to look back at a previous support e-mail message you have sent from an address associated with your publisher account (or received from Client Services at such an address), the portal will have a record of it. Replying to an e-mail message received from Client Services will automatically update the ticket record to include your response.

Anyone - Publishers, Affiliates or SplitPay Payees - can access and search the knowledge base via the external portal Web site at http://support.esellerate.net.

Customer Support for Purchasers

If your customers have questions about a successful order, a declined transaction, or a subscription, they can contact our dedicated Customer Support team 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. They can e-mail shopper@esellerate.net or call +1 952-908-4090. Our Customer Support team has a goal of resolving most incoming support requests within 24 hours or less.

Customers can also view a special customer-facing Knowledge Base, complete with a self-guided Troubleshooter tool, at http://shopper.esellerate.net.
Pirates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 01:49 PM   #31
Pete Grassi
Major Leagues

Additionally, started the game in Safe Mode to activate.

Quote:
Markus/Lukas,

I was able to get the game activated. As a troubleshooting method, I deleted and re-installed the game, disconnected from my internet connection at work, connected via my personal hotspot on my cell phone and was able to activate online. Not sure if there was a connection on my office wi-fi that was blocking the activation back (Lukas mentioned it appeared it was an issue coming back to my machine) but that is what worked.

Apologies for sounding off, but the process is amazingly frustrating, and has happened outside of my work wifi. And I have to go through this process every year.
Old 03-19-2019, 01:55 PM   #32
jimmysthebestcop
Banned

Quote:
Markus/Lukas,

Exactly what I said lol. Work network come on. Most work networks are severely locked down. Even your home router might not be optimally setup especially if you aren't gaming with other stores/consoles/pc games etc. Routers out of the box are setup awfully most of the time. Especially if the router is provided by your internet service provider.

That needs to be the 1st thing you mention in post #1, come on really lol

Old 03-19-2019, 02:15 PM   #33
Pete Grassi
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmysthebestcop View Post
Exactly what I said lol. Work network come on. Most work networks are severely locked down. Even your home router might not be optimally setup especially if you aren't gaming with other stores/consoles/pc games etc. Routers out of the box are setup awfully most of the time. Especially if the router is provided by your internet service provider.

It didn't work on my home network, or hotspot initially either. So not exactly what you said lol Safemode seems to be the missing piece from what I did yesterday,.
Old 03-19-2019, 02:18 PM   #34
Pirates
Major Leagues

Quote:

This whole topic doesn't make sense to me. He said he tried it on multiple, different internet connections, with all his devices, and it did not work. Then out of nowhere, using one of his devices, it magically works. Something is not right here.
I'm a retired CPA and had clients that would do this to me.
I fired them.
Old 03-19-2019, 02:21 PM   #35
jimmysthebestcop
Banned

Its always either network or windows config.

either the hotspot fixed it or safe mode. since safe mode doesn't load up any startup items and its a base config.

sometimes peoples safe modes are still messed up thats where the clean install is needed.
Old 03-19-2019, 02:28 PM   #36
Pirates
Major Leagues

Quote:
Its always either network or windows config.

either the hotspot fixed it or safe mode. since safe mode doesn't load up any startup items and its a base config.

sometimes peoples safe modes are still messed up thats where the clean install is needed.
I know nothing about computers. But, I have common sense. If the same issue keeps happening to me, year after year consistently;
I would come to the conclusion, that there is a problem on my end.
Am I missing something here?
Old 03-19-2019, 02:29 PM   #37
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Really glad you got and working, that's great news!

Sorry it has to be such a frustrating process

I really wish it was something we had more control over. There are just so many variables here when you're dealing with different networks and routers and anti-virus programs etc. It's frustrating for everyone involved.

At least there's happy ending now, I'm really glad of that!

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 02:35 PM   #38
Pete Grassi
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirates View Post
This whole topic doesn't make sense to me. He said he tried it on multiple, different internet connections, with all his devices, and it did not work. Then out of nowhere, using one of his devices, it magically works. Something is not right here.
I'm a retired CPA and had clients that would do this to me.
I fired them.
I truly think opening the game in Safe Mode is what got me through it. That's the only thing I did different. Posting because others have reported a similar issue.
Old 03-19-2019, 02:36 PM   #39
Pete Grassi
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas Berger View Post
Really glad you got and working, that's great news!

Sorry it has to be such a frustrating process

I really wish it was something we had more control over. There are just so many variables here when you're dealing with different networks and routers and anti-virus programs etc. It's frustrating for everyone involved.

At least there's happy ending now, I'm really glad of that!
Might be helpful to throw into the help database opening the game in safemode from the start menu in Windows. It's the only thing I did different from my other attempts and it worked. Thanks for your patience with my attitude.
Old 03-19-2019, 02:37 PM   #40
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Might be helpful to throw into the help database opening the game in safemode from the start menu in Windows. It's the only thing I did different from my other attempts and it worked. Thanks for your patience with my attitude.
Yeah, I'll add that to our instructions, as that might end up being super helpful for some other folks.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote