Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Front Office Football > FOF - General Discussions

FOF - General Discussions Discuss the upcoming Front Office Football by OOTP Developments here.

Old 09-17-2018, 12:28 PM   #41
ezlee2
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by evan466 View Post
Multiplayer is the sole reason I buy this game. I don’t think it’s a dying community but if you do maybe you should look at the reasons why, the game is far from perfect. Most would say FOF8 is inferior to FOF7 and I’d have to agree. And if all of Ben’s leagues are failing maybe you should look at the common denominator.
I know SP is the big moneymaker, but MP are the ones that are vocal and the biggest ambassadors of the game.
Old 09-17-2018, 12:52 PM   #42
Xcom44dan
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezlee2 View Post
I know SP is the big moneymaker, but MP are the ones that are vocal and the biggest ambassadors of the game.
As someone in the maybe non-vocal majority who plays fof on a purely sp basis (and a growing minority it seems that prefers fof8 to fof7 thanks to a slightly increased difficulty), it feels like it would be a huge mistake to not ship the game with mp.

The very vocal mp community help me to understand the game, spot issues with the engine, spread the good word, create content etc etc. Delays are understandable; I’d be wary of alienating such an important part of the existing fan base to get something out on time.
Old 09-17-2018, 12:56 PM   #43
thefatcat
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcom44dan View Post
As someone in the maybe non-vocal majority who plays fof on a purely sp basis (and a growing minority it seems that prefers fof8 to fof7 thanks to a slightly increased difficulty), it feels like it would be a huge mistake to not ship the game with mp.

The very vocal mp community help me to understand the game, spot issues with the engine, spread the good word, create content etc etc. Delays are understandable; I’d be wary of alienating such an important part of the existing fan base to get something out on time.

Great post
Old 09-17-2018, 01:00 PM   #44
Andreas Raht
Administrator

Hey guys, again - we want an online mode in FOF, too. But we do not make promises now. FOF9 and FOF8 can be installed and run side-by-side. If FOF9 initially has no online league mode, and if the online league mode is essential for you, it's obviously your choice not to buy FOF9 until we added the online league mode.

We'll do our best to add it. I just wanted to let you know that MP is on our list, because you were asking for it! But at the same time I had to make clear that we do not make promises at the moment.
Thank you for understanding.
Old 09-17-2018, 01:17 PM   #45
thefatcat
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreas Raht View Post
Hey guys, again - we want an online mode in FOF, too. But we do not make promises now. FOF9 and FOF8 can be installed and run side-by-side. If FOF9 initially has no online league mode, and if the online league mode is essential for you, it's obviously your choice not to buy FOF9 until we added the online league mode.

We'll do our best to add it. I just wanted to let you know that MP is on our list, because you were asking for it! But at the same time I had to make clear that we do not make promises at the moment.
Thank you for understanding.
Andreas, if the MP community has to wait a year or longer for MP it could well disappear or move to Draft Day Football MP for instance, no one wants that but that may well happen and then you lose us for good.
The MP community drives the game for research, development and generally helps the SP players understand and much much more. Without us the new game may very well struggle to get a foot hold and you'll have a lot of indifferent reviews because the MP community will be posting like they have above.

To be quite frank alienating the people who have supported the game, are promoting the new game and will help the community of the new game before you even release it I would say is not the smartest move! Hopefully you guys support us like we have supported Jim since the games initial release.

Last edited by thefatcat; 09-17-2018 at 01:24 PM.
Old 09-17-2018, 02:01 PM   #46
Clown
Bat Boy

We hear you Andreas, but ...
We are not interested in a game that does not include MP capabilities!

The MP community is a seasoned bunch and most of us have been playing this game for over 15 years.

We were under the impression you were going to add features.
Not remove features.

Wall Street Movie quote. "I thought that you were gonna turn Bluestar around, not upside-down!"
Old 09-17-2018, 02:02 PM   #47
Sharkn20
Minors (Triple A)

I am more than happy to support the game whether it has an online feature or not in the first release, Jim and the OOTP you have my support whatever the direction is, if we have to wait a little bit longer, then we will wait. We can be playing other games, but we will comeback to play online when the version is ready while enjoying playing SP.

Go FOF + OOTP!
Old 09-17-2018, 02:11 PM   #48
Nature Boy
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkn20 View Post
Jim and the OOTP you have my support whatever the direction is, if we have to wait a little bit longer, then we will wait.
No. FOF8 sucks and we were waiting for FOF9. I am already reading commissioners discussing other games as we speak due to this thread.

IF there is a viable alternative out there, once that MP league starts most are gone IMO - for good.
Old 09-17-2018, 02:26 PM   #49
Sharkn20
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nature Boy View Post
No. FOF8 sucks and we were waiting for FOF9. I am already reading commissioners discussing other games as we speak due to this thread.

IF there is a viable alternative out there, once that MP league starts most are gone IMO - for good.
Lots of us won't go anywhere.

But it's okay sharing concerns and opinions.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Old 09-17-2018, 02:28 PM   #50
thefatcat
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Lots of us won't go anywhere.

Well so far it looks you're the only one staying who's posted
Old 09-17-2018, 02:29 PM   #51
Sharkn20
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefatcat View Post
Well so far it looks you're the only one staying who's posted
I hope Jim can make me the best game ever then

Old 09-17-2018, 02:40 PM   #52
Nature Boy
Minors (Rookie Ball)

For me the problem is Jim did not do a good job with FOF8. Now more disappointment.

Had this come off the back of FOF7 my loyalty would of been much higher.
Old 09-17-2018, 02:43 PM   #53
Sharkn20
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
For me the problem is Jim did not do a good job with FOF8. Now more disappointment.

Had this come off the back of FOF7 my loyalty would of been much higher.
For me he did a terrific job with FOF8. It's all depend in what are your preferences. He should bring back the % from FOF7 for all of the people line u that can't be bother with depth and leave things as it is with FOF8 as well. Best of both worlds.

Old 09-17-2018, 02:47 PM   #54
Nature Boy
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
For me he did a terrific job with FOF8. It's all depend in what are your preferences. He should bring back the % from FOF7 for all of the people line u that can't be bother with depth and leave things as it is with FOF8 as well. Best of both worlds.

Fair enough if that is what you think, but you are on your own pal.

It is all window dressing. Once you get deeper in to the game that will become clear to you. You are wasting your time with what you refer to as depth.
Old 09-17-2018, 02:51 PM   #55
Sharkn20
Minors (Triple A)

Been playing since it came up, it's not window dressing. You select your plays, then your players play them. Obviously better players win more often than not. But that was the same in FOF7, no big changes.

Also love the "weight / height part of it" massive addition
Quote:
Fair enough if that is what you think, but you are on your own pal.

It is all window dressing. Once you get deeper in to the game that will become clear to you. You are wasting your time with what you refer to as depth.
Old 09-17-2018, 03:16 PM   #56
garion333
Minors (Double A)

And somewhere between your two positions is the real answer. I had hoped the next release would be the tock to FOF8's tick. Hopefully that's still in the cards and some of the major flaws with FOF8 are fixed. And there are some major flaws.

The good thing is the UI will be fixed and that's a massive improvement, especially for new players.

The next step would be related to gameplanning improvements, but this is certainly not the thread for that.
Old 09-17-2018, 03:33 PM   #57
Nature Boy
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Been playing since it came up, it's not window dressing. You select your plays, then your players play them. Obviously better players win more often than not. But that was the same in FOF7, no big changes.

Also love the "weight / height part of it" massive addition

BEN EDIT: There's no need for personal attacks. Watch it.

Last edited by Ben E Lou; 09-17-2018 at 03:36 PM. Reason: personal attack on Sharkn20
Old 09-17-2018, 03:36 PM   #58
Sharkn20
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
I bet you believe in Santa Claus, Fairy Tales and the Easter Bunny too.
That's when the conversation finishes. Thanks for chipping in, quite adult comment.

Old 09-17-2018, 03:37 PM   #59
Ben E Lou
Front Office Football Central

Quote:
That's when the conversation finishes. Thanks for chipping in, quite adult comment.

Heh. You saw it before the edit. No worries. Kudos for taking the high road, Shark.
Old 09-17-2018, 04:01 PM   #60
thefatcat
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post
Heh. You saw it before the edit. No worries. Kudos for taking the high road, Shark.

So what's your take on this Ben, I would guess that having to potentially wait a year for an MP version is not going to benefit your leagues in the slightest? At the same time i guess you have to tow the OoTP line as you're a moderator?