Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 - General Discussion

Franchise Hockey Manager 4 - General Discussion Talk about the latest FHM, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 11-23-2017, 03:18 AM   #1
micpringle
Minors (Triple A)

Golden Knights

Any plans to adjust the ratings of the Golden Knights’ players to better reflect their real life form?

Out-of-the-box their team isn’t great, and when Adam did the video series he finished around where people orginally expected them to come the end of the season. However, it appears as though the team is much better than anticipated and I guess this should be reflected as best it can in-game.
micpringle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 03:54 AM   #2
JeffR
FHM Producer

I bumped up a few of them in the last couple of updates, may do a few more in the next one. Still, it's early in the season, things can change quickly for Vegas.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 11:04 PM   #3
Smetana
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
I bumped up a few of them in the last couple of updates, may do a few more in the next one. Still, it's early in the season, things can change quickly for Vegas.
Unsustainable. Seriously.
Old 11-24-2017, 12:10 AM   #4
DaximusPrimus
Major Leagues

They're riding a really good home record. I think it has something to do with virtually every team going to Vegas a few days early... You know.. to practice...
DaximusPrimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 12:35 AM   #5
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaximusPrimus View Post
They're riding a really good home record. I think it has something to do with virtually every team going to Vegas a few days early... You know.. to practice...
Ugh, that Jets game just looked....

They are playing really well as a team. I just don't see it lasting though. Some of those guys are going to come back to earth.
Adam B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 12:46 AM   #6
DaximusPrimus
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B View Post
Ugh, that Jets game just looked....

They are playing really well as a team. I just don't see it lasting though. Some of those guys are going to come back to earth.
Yeah I think next time they go to Vegas they should probably just stay in their hotel rooms until game time.

They are all pretty solid players though. They may not have any one elite but they don't really have any holes on the roster.
Old 11-24-2017, 03:08 AM   #7
JeffR
FHM Producer

McPhee and Gallant deserve a lot of credit, too. The team looks like it's on a really solid footing between the early performance and the prospects and picks it has lined up.
Old 11-27-2017, 04:14 AM   #8
vegaspomeranians
Minors (Double A)

Keep the hate going. We love doubters. This team hustles like no other team in the nhl right now. Virtually half the team is playing for contracts and a lot of them have a chip on their shoulder for not being protected. It's ok. We love these guys and I hope management doesn't sell off parts and tries it's best to keep the team together. Most teams would lose every game with a bunch of 3rd and 4th liners and their 3rd and 4th goalies , but vgk finds a way to keep playing winning hockey.

Last edited by vegaspomeranians; 04-19-2018 at 06:35 AM.
vegaspomeranians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 08:29 PM   #9
Tangerino
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegaspomeranians View Post
Keep the hate going. We love doubters. This team hustles like no other team in the nhl right now. Virtually half the team is playing for contracts and a lot of them have a chip on their shoulder for not being protected. It's ok. We love these guys and I hope management doesn't sell off parts and tries it's best to keep the team together. Most teams would lose every game with a 4th string, average minor league guy between the pipes, but vgk finds a way to keep playing winning hockey.
I agree with what you are saying but who was hating to begin with? lol just a little confused on why you started it with that... This post was made because they are saying the players deserve a better rating? and everyone is just saying that they might come back to earth? Not much hate if u ask me. Just a defensive fan
Tangerino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 08:40 AM   #10
vegaspomeranians
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangerino View Post
I agree with what you are saying but who was hating to begin with? lol just a little confused on why you started it with that... This post was made because they are saying the players deserve a better rating? and everyone is just saying that they might come back to earth? Not much hate if u ask me. Just a defensive fan
The hate is from the media that keeps saying this team can't sustain the wins. I agree that the shooting % will come down, but with any of the top 3 goalies coming back, they will be fine. This team really plays hard and that's why they are doing so well. Some of them have been 30 goal scorers before. A lot of them were unprotected not because they weren't good players, but because they were salary dumps. A lot of them are playing for next year's contracts too.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Old 11-30-2017, 04:21 PM   #11
Tangerino
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
The hate is from the media that keeps saying this team can't sustain the wins. I agree that the shooting % will come down, but with any of the top 3 goalies coming back, they will be fine. This team really plays hard and that's why they are doing so well. Some of them have been 30 goal scorers before. A lot of them were unprotected not because they weren't good players, but because they were salary dumps. A lot of them are playing for next year's contracts too.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Ah I see.. My bad but yeah i totally agree. They are a very exciting team to watch.
Tangerino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 06:46 PM   #12
vegaspomeranians
Minors (Double A)

Did vgk get a bump in the update? How many more top teams must we beat? The announcers said something about vgk being undefeated against teams that are currently holding playoff spots if the season was to end today.
Old 12-21-2017, 08:06 PM   #13
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Did vgk get a bump in the update? How many more top teams must we beat? The announcers said something about vgk being undefeated against teams that are currently holding playoff spots if the season was to end today.
I'm pretty sure they got a slight bump, but I'm still like a lot of people and waiting for the ball to drop. Sorry, not a believer yet. Partially because they're 14-2-1 (I believe) at home. It seems a lot of teams are coming in way too distracted on their first trips. It's a different experience Vegas. But to their credit they've taken advantage of it and fans have supported which is also huge. But I'm still not sold.
Old 12-22-2017, 02:38 AM   #14
vegaspomeranians
Minors (Double A)

Most of those road losses were when Lagace got his first start. They will be fine on the road now that they have flower and subban. They dominated the lightning in the last 2 periods. They should have blown them away. Corsi numbers are good for the golden knights too. This isn't a team like the avalanche in Roy's first year that had terrible corsi and other possession metrics. The caps have a similar home record yet no one is calling them a fluke. I can also go to any major city and find lots of distractions. The so-called vegas flu is a slap in the face. Even the hockey news has acknowledged that this team is legit.
Old 12-22-2017, 02:48 AM   #15
JeffR
FHM Producer

We upgraded some of the players; I think a few more need another boost next time - Marchessault, Perron, and Schmidt come to mind. I increased the ratings for McPhee and Gallant as well.
Old 12-22-2017, 05:45 PM   #16
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Most of those road losses were when Lagace got his first start. They will be fine on the road now that they have flower and subban. They dominated the lightning in the last 2 periods. They should have blown them away. Corsi numbers are good for the golden knights too. This isn't a team like the avalanche in Roy's first year that had terrible corsi and other possession metrics. The caps have a similar home record yet no one is calling them a fluke. I can also go to any major city and find lots of distractions. The so-called vegas flu is a slap in the face. Even the hockey news has acknowledged that this team is legit.
You can, but Vegas is different. It's ridiculous to say it's not. This also isn't an expansion team. Or rather not an expansion team of old. They have probably the best coach an expansion team could or has ever had, and they were able to select the most amount of talent that's ever been available. I mean, they literally got most of a top line and an all-star goalie. They're playing a great team game. But they've also had a good schedule to work with so far. Their long road trip upcoming will be interesting.
Old 12-22-2017, 09:03 PM   #17
DaximusPrimus
Major Leagues

I think there is a whirlwind of factors coming together for Vegas. Whats most interesting about it is virtually every player seems to be having a career year there. They will likely make the playoffs and then it's up to them but not getting a high pick this year may come back to bite them down the road.
Old 12-29-2017, 01:35 AM   #18
vegaspomeranians
Minors (Double A)

VGK continues to win in back to back games on the road against tough teams. They have beaten many top teams. It's time to give VGK the respect they deserve.

Last edited by vegaspomeranians; 12-29-2017 at 02:23 AM.
Old 01-25-2018, 05:44 AM   #19
vegaspomeranians
Minors (Double A)

Are the golden knights players and coach ever going to get the ratings they deserve in this game?
Old 01-25-2018, 05:50 AM   #20
vegaspomeranians
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaximusPrimus View Post
I think there is a whirlwind of factors coming together for Vegas. Whats most interesting about it is virtually every player seems to be having a career year there. They will likely make the playoffs and then it's up to them but not getting a high pick this year may come back to bite them down the road.
Not getting a high pick doesn't matter. VGK has extra picks in the first 2 rounds in the next 2 or 3 seasons. I believe it has 10 picks in the first 2 rounds for the next 3 years (could be 2 years) between their picks and the extra picks they got. The first round picks this year are also playing very well. I think that all 3 of them will be able to contribute 2 years from now. Of course they can't hit on every pick, but with so many early picks, they should do ok. It looks like that they have a very good scouting staff from looking at the results of the expansion draft and how well their draft picks from the first draft class are playing.