Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 - General Discussion
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Franchise Hockey Manager 3 - General Discussion Talk about our latest hockey manager game, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 12-06-2016, 05:52 AM   #1
JeffR
FHM Producer

FHM3 Update #3, Version 3.1.84, Now Available!

A new update for Franchise Hockey Manager 3, version 3.1.84, has just been released.

To apply the update:

-If you are playing the eSellerate version, just download the setup file and install it over your current installation. There is no need to uninstall or unlicense your current copy! However, you should quit the game before installing it, of course.
-If you are playing the Steam version, the game will auto-update if you have that option active. If you don't see the update in your Steam update queue, you may need to exit and restart your Steam client.

Download link for PC:
Main server: PC Installer

Download link for Mac:
Main Server: Mac Installer

Your existing savegames will be compatible with the updated game, but some of the update's fixes may not retroactively correct certain problems in existing saves.

A larger update this time, fixing a variety of bugs and making a few other changes. The next full update (hopefully coming shortly before Christmas) will be a little heavier on the content and AI-adjustment side, and we're also hoping to make some bigger interface changes after the holidays.

Change List:

Crashing/Freezing:
-NHL playoffs will no longer fail to continue under some circumstances after the user's first round series completes, resulting in the NHL not playing after that date
-occasional crash when right-clicking on players fixed
-potential crash near beginning of 2019-20 pre-season fixed
-crash during May 2020 caused by potential error in World Championships playoff round fixed
-possible crash in Olympic tournament fixed

Graphical/Text/UI:
-name filters will now be retained in the player search screen after viewing a player and then returning to search
-age field in Create a Player popup will now set the birth year correctly for under-18 players
-tactical roles no longer shown on the 4-on-4/3-on-3 tactical roles in strategy screen
-hot/cold on the team home page adjusted so it doesn't exclude players based on excessively high GR requirements
-unsigned Draftees screen will no longer list players who have already played for the team and left - they'll now be removed permanently when they sign a contract
-mismatch between user performance description and actual performance in board confidence update fixed
-season summary screen will no longer sometimes display that player has finished last when he did not
-players on a team's reserve list now shown as blue instead of green on the depth chart
-players who played on the 2015-16 Nashville Predators will no longer have the team abbreviation blank for that year in their player popup
-players with WHA history will no longer have that history shown as being with modern NHL expansion teams in some situations
-users who are managing internationally will no longer get international news reports twice
-owners no longer shown with a contract expiration date in their staff profile
-nickname added to staff screen Personal Details box
-standings page in league history will now should NHL seasons correctly after 2015-16 (had been only showing Metropolitan Division)
-player development increases will no longer be repeated in later development reports
-NHL events page now shows "Stanley Cup Playoffs" instead of "Stanley Cup Playoffs 14"
-retirement announcements will no longer occasionally show the picture/profile of the 13/14-year old players who get the retired player's recycled ID number
-start year in fictional mode setup can now be typed in directly rather than using arrow keys

Gameplay Issues:
-ability to watch games user's team is not playing in has been re-enabled
-load option added to sandbox mode to load quickstarts (should've been part of the dropdown but wasn't working that way, put the separate load button back instead)
-problem that caused changes in scouting reports after players are signed has been fixed
-AI should no longer be offering players it just acquired in trades; AI trading also tweaked slightly
-option added to PtG that will stop the game every day (i.e., not moving multiple days at a time) so things like waived players aren't missed
-expansion drafts in modern/fictional games changed to use most of the planned 2017 NHL expansion draft rules
-coaching budget for some teams in historical games will no longer be reduced to extremely low levels after the first season
-error in calculation for team expenses in historical mode fixed
-signing deadline for players drafted by NHL teams should now be set (and shown) correctly for junior and European players
-users will no longer get job offers from World Cup's Europe/North America teams after the World Cup is over
-getting to the Allsvenskan promotion qualifier now counts as "making the playoffs" in season summary screen
-World Championships will now determine quarterfinal matchups properly
-players who are claimed on waivers will no longer be waiver-exempt for the remainder of the season, i.e. if you grab someone on waivers and send him down, he goes back on waivers
-bug that could cause most of the staff in the league to have their reputation reset to Greenhorn fixed
-quality of game-generated players eligible for 2018 and 2019 NHL drafts toned down (necessary to maintain balance as real prospects for those years are being added to the database)
-bug that would occasionally prevent players from returning from international play fixed
-user will no longer be interrupted by messages that farm team lineup needs to be fixed (due to injuries, etc.) if farm team control is turned off
-users playing in leagues with no draft will no longer receive Central Scouting ranking announcements for that league

Miscellaneous:
-fixed missing names for players in some smaller countries
-winning Mestis championship now awards correct achievement
-various data changes
-several typos and formatting errors fixed, and some tooltips added and made clearer
-Steam Trading Cards added and enabled, one released for every hour of play, 15 total
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 08:35 AM   #2
sk78
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
-ability to watch games user's team is not playing in has been re-enabled
that's a big one for me, thank you very much!
sk78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 11:26 AM   #3
mochuck
Minors (Triple A)

there was a problem with not enough players available for expansion drafts... has that problem been addressed in this patch?
mochuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 12:07 PM   #4
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

A great update.
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 03:26 PM   #5
colinrsmall
Minors (Rookie Ball)

It looks like the lack of available players has been fixed, but now players with under two years and RFAs are being exposed: Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet
colinrsmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 12:35 AM   #6
seven
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk78 View Post
that's a big one for me, thank you very much!
Absolutely! Thanks very much for listening to our request!!
seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 01:43 AM   #7
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by colinrsmall View Post
It looks like the lack of available players has been fixed, but now players with under two years and RFAs are being exposed: Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet
RFA's have always been exposed, as they are in the real drafts - it'd be too easy to hide players from the draft by letting them be free agents for a couple of days.

The second-year guys being exposed is a result of having to do the in-game draft in July instead of June - at that point, they're technically in their third year and eligible. I think we'll have to change the protected list rules a bit so that's not happening.
Old 12-07-2016, 02:15 AM   #8
keroppichoppi
Minors (Single A)

sweet update!
keroppichoppi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 06:02 PM   #9
Rand
Minors (Double A)

Are there any fixes/updates to player development?
I have a thread where I've been simming out a few decades each time to see how things are fairing... I imagine you're aware of it.

Just inquiring as none are mentioned in the patch notes and if none have been made I'll save myself the hours spent on that in a rather busy period, and hold off on long term sims for the next update.
Thanks.
Rand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 11:18 PM   #10
beezer2434
Minors (Triple A)

Good to see the scouting reports getting a fix for when a player is signed!
beezer2434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 11:49 PM   #11
keroppichoppi
Minors (Single A)

Did the created players on intl teams get fixed btw?
keroppichoppi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 07:36 AM   #12
mochuck
Minors (Triple A)

I seems that the expansion protection lists have gone in the other direction.. I saw the post on re doing the protection list rules due to the 2nd yr players being exposed... as it stands now .. if I remember correctly.. you can protect 1 goalie.. 3 defensemen and 7 forwards... is that a bit low.. or is it withing NHL rules..and how soon will these particular problems be addressed? It should be obvious by now that I'm into expansion teams.. keep up the good work
Old 12-08-2016, 08:43 AM   #13
dmacgreg37
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by mochuck View Post
I seems that the expansion protection lists have gone in the other direction.. I saw the post on re doing the protection list rules due to the 2nd yr players being exposed... as it stands now .. if I remember correctly.. you can protect 1 goalie.. 3 defensemen and 7 forwards... is that a bit low.. or is it withing NHL rules..and how soon will these particular problems be addressed? It should be obvious by now that I'm into expansion teams.. keep up the good work
* Clubs will have two options for players they wish to protect in the Expansion Draft:

a) Seven forwards, three defensemen and one goaltender

b) Eight skaters (forwards/defensemen) and one goaltender

* All players who have currently effective and continuing "No Movement" clauses at the time of the Expansion Draft (and who to decline to waive such clauses) must be protected (and will be counted toward their club's applicable protection limits).

* All first- and second-year professionals, as well as all unsigned draft choices, will be exempt from selection (and will not be counted toward their club's applicable protection limits).

https://www.nhl.com/news/nhl-expansi...es/c-281010592
dmacgreg37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 10:48 AM   #14
mochuck
Minors (Triple A)

again.. ty for the quick reply.. I was not aware that this was the nhl guideline..
Old 12-08-2016, 12:20 PM   #15
jh95
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
RFA's have always been exposed, as they are in the real drafts - it'd be too easy to hide players from the draft by letting them be free agents for a couple of days.

The second-year guys being exposed is a result of having to do the in-game draft in July instead of June - at that point, they're technically in their third year and eligible. I think we'll have to change the protected list rules a bit so that's not happening.
Hi Jeff!
Thanks for fixing this loophole regarding hiding of RFAs in the Expansion Draft! This bugged me big time in FHM2.
jh95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 02:55 AM   #16
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rand View Post
Are there any fixes/updates to player development?
I have a thread where I've been simming out a few decades each time to see how things are fairing... I imagine you're aware of it.

Just inquiring as none are mentioned in the patch notes and if none have been made I'll save myself the hours spent on that in a rather busy period, and hold off on long term sims for the next update.
Thanks.
Ran into some issues with my testing to determine exactly what needed to be done after the other changes made in the last couple of patches. Still going to be adjusting some things in this area.
Old 12-09-2016, 02:56 AM   #17
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by keroppichoppi View Post
Did the created players on intl teams get fixed btw?
The problem with some of them missing names? Yes, that was fixed.
Old 12-09-2016, 09:10 AM   #18
omjo
Minors (Triple A)

In the MESTIS league, I made it to the semi-finals of the playoffs but the end of season report said I failed to make the playoffs.
omjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 05:14 AM   #19
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by omjo View Post
In the MESTIS league, I made it to the semi-finals of the playoffs but the end of season report said I failed to make the playoffs.
Probably the same thing that was broken with the Allsvenskan, we'll have a look.
Old 12-13-2016, 08:00 PM   #20
ForeverRoyalKC
All Star Starter

ability to watch games user's team is not playing in has been re-enabled

Does this mean being able to watch other games that aren't your team?
ForeverRoyalKC is offline   Reply With Quote