Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Title Bout Championship Boxing > TBCB Feature suggestions / Wish list

TBCB Feature suggestions / Wish list Discuss feature suggestions for Title Bout Professional Boxing here.

Old 03-08-2011, 12:15 AM   #81
DamPenguin
All Star Reserve

Fighter Selection Screen...

With the fighter database constantly growing can we get an easier way to select fighters please... for example: my database has nearly 14000 fighters and I would like to select all fighters with an overall rating of 3-7 to place them into a group... well, you could imagine how time consuming it is to individually select each one. The "Select All" button is great and even something similar where it would select each page at a time instead of having to select each 19 individuals would be very helpful.

Last edited by DamPenguin; 03-08-2011 at 12:17 AM.
DamPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 05:59 PM   #82
Rocky
Minors (Single A)

Hall of Fame

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned but how about having a Boxing Hall of Fame list which we can choose to induct certain fighters into once they retire.

Last edited by Rocky; 04-19-2011 at 06:01 PM.
Rocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 09:55 AM   #83
Jackyle
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned but how about having a Boxing Hall of Fame list which we can choose to induct certain fighters into once they retire.
That is an excellent idea.
Jackyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 07:06 AM   #84
RonSigPi
Bat Boy

Some Ideas:

1. As one of the RPG options, maybe be a TV network. Be given a budget and entice fights to happen. To give a current context, think about the HBO and Sky drama between Bradley and Khan. Play the role of HBO and use some budget to get fights done. This way you can be matchmaker, see fights you want, but also have the RPG aspect. Also, when fighters get hurt in camp you can scramble to set up replacement fight. Can also manage PPV cards, sign exclusive contracts with fighters, be judged based on TV ratings, etc. Could be premium (Showtime), network (CBS), cable (ESPN). Budget rises/falls based on ratings you get.

2a. Have the usual world titles, but also have the RING ratings. Many fans feel the RING champ is the true champ and the ABCs are a step below. As part of the RPG, I can see people maybe trying to get the #1 and #2 in their stable and have them fight off. Then they control the champ and can be like Top Rank and have fights be in house (add a level of realism). Plus, for old school fans, the world can be created with only 8 divisions and only the RING belt (no B.S. mandatory defenses, sanctioning fees, etc.).

2b. Conversely, have the ABC organizations (IBF, WBO, etc.). Have their rankings, their regional bodies, mandatory defenses, etc. Have the regional bodies be accurate (e.g., only U.S. fighters fight for USBA title).

3. A realistic weight system. For example, have a absolute minimum weight, an ideal weight, and a maximum weight the fighter will fight at (have option of 8 or 17 weight divisions). If a fighter is not at ideal weight, then skills diminish. Have tapered diminishing (e.g., skills 100% for a natural featherweight, 95% when fighting at jr. featherweight, 70% at flyweight with flyweight minimum he can get down to). Actually, the website vivi.com runs a boxing game with a pretty good weight system.
RonSigPi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 04:26 PM   #85
magiccitydawg
Minors (Double A)

I would like to see a system to have historically accurate universes without having to do an EXCEL Spreadsheet! I would like to have the fighters enter and retire as they would in real life.
magiccitydawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 06:21 PM   #86
Cap
Hall Of Famer

So many great ideas. Maybe the designers will actually read a few of them...one day.

Cap
Old 09-09-2011, 01:42 AM   #87
magiccitydawg
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap View Post
So many great ideas. Maybe the designers will actually read a few of them...one day.

Cap
Gee, ya thinks!
Old 09-15-2011, 05:44 PM   #88
Cap
Hall Of Famer

Ring Action

How about a ring display that shows the fighters as if you were in the nose-bleed section? You can't make out faces, but you know one guy is black and the other brown or white, and you know the colour of their trunks: Black, black with a white stripe, black with a yellow stripe, white, white with a black stripe, white with a gold stripe, kelly green, etc. You wouldn't need even that many different colours, though some gamers might like to have Irish fighters wear green trunks, Canadians wear red, etc. Just a thought.

I think I recall Andreas say it would take a complete rebuild to match text to ring actions, so I'd be happy with just two guys battling and showing one going down when he gets tagged in the text.

How difficult would it be to have brief ring intros? There are plenty of text-to-voice software programmes. There must be away to list all the fighters' names to work from....

Cap
Old 09-20-2011, 02:45 PM   #89
Chadness
Minors (Double A)

Shooting off the top of my head...

'Group By' - An option to group select fighters (IE: select all the fighters rated a 3) in order to mass edit them into a group or whatever.

'Not Options' - A way to make the system more powerful is the inclusion of 'not' tickboxes. For instance, RFG NOT creating fighters from (nation selected).

'Networks' - Create database files that handle the idea of TV networks. You edit the file by specifying if it's local TV, network TV, cable TV, premium cable TV, or Internet stream. Other options include network programming style ('HBO' would be geared towards the most popular fighters/high budget while 'ESPN 2' would be geared towards prospects/low budget while 'Showtime' would be geared towards the most competitive fights/medium budget.), involvement in the boxing business (so for instance, HBO would be rated high while CBS would be set quite low), and number of shows (see below).

'TV Shows' - You would create Boxing After Dark, HBO PPV, Shobox, etc. here and assign them to networks. You can then set up a listing of dates.

'Regions' - sub categorize 'Nations' with an 'add region' button. Then you can set up every state in the US or just 'West Coast', 'East Coast', etc. as you want to do it.

(class, will add more)
Chadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 05:02 PM   #90
Jackyle
Hall Of Famer

I love the way the biography links to Boxrec. Linking it to a video, preferably from an OOTP server, or youtube would be nice. Having as much info on each boxer as possible would be great. Could even be a nice place (Wikipedia of sorts) where boxers twitter accounts, Facebook, homepage, youtube information could be accessed directly from the fighter profile in the game.
Old 10-19-2011, 09:48 AM   #91
Cap
Hall Of Famer

How about including a holographic projector so you could watch a fight from ringside in the comfort of your man-cave? All for just $29.99!

Cap
Old 10-19-2011, 03:24 PM   #92
Jackyle
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap View Post
How about including a holographic projector so you could watch a fight from ringside in the comfort of your man-cave? All for just $29.99!

Cap
The things I mentioned would be simple hyperlink fields, not very difficult stuff.
Old 11-14-2011, 03:17 PM   #93
pilight
All Star Starter

A couple of things related to random fighter generation...

1: An easier way to edit default nations. I'd like to be able to change it so that United Arab Emirates doesn't have American names for its fighters, for example, without having to change it in each universe separately. Also adding nations that have come on the scene since the game came about, such as Kosovo and South Sudan, would be handy.

2: The ability to have more than 40 name groups. It's bad enough that I have to use Russian names for Mongolians and Norwegian names for Icelanders, but one big name group called African is exceptionally painful. Africa has a billion people who use over 2000 primary languages, but the game gives it one name group. Canada, with barely 3% of that population and only two primary languages, gets two name groups.
pilight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 04:46 AM   #94
magiccitydawg
Minors (Double A)

If I could add one thing to TBCB 3, it would be the ability to add full results directly to a web/blog site of your choosing. When setting up a universe in TBCB 2.5, when you set up a fed, there is a place to add your wed address. It would be really cool to be able to have your results and all events in your universe to go directly to the web/blog site you have. Also, how about all of the other feds act independently from your own fed.
Old 03-16-2012, 10:38 AM   #95
Cap
Hall Of Famer

This would just be icing to attract buyers. How about a short film loop when you first start Title Bout with brief clips from diferent famous fights covering many eras? I recall George Chuvalo hosted a show that ran old boxing fight films and it had this cool bit at the beginning with old clips and some narration, like Cosell shouting "Down goes Frazier!". It would only need 20 or 30 seconds.

Cap
Old 05-10-2012, 01:30 AM   #96
cubedrum
All Star Reserve

How about an option to enter a headshot of yourself that would appear at a "ringside seat" on the in fight graphics screen?
Old 12-14-2012, 11:58 AM   #97
Cap
Hall Of Famer

I opened version 2.5 today to check something. In version 2.0 if you select two guys from the "Fighters" list and click on the "Start Bout" option in the right-hand menu, even if these fighters have permanently assigned cornermen, the game assigns generic ones. I see it hasn't been fixed in version 2.5

Cap
Old 12-19-2012, 01:57 AM   #98
dempsonny
Major Leagues

TB3 wish list

I'd like to see fighters rated for each of their hands. I know it would be a mammoth task but Frazier's left hook could have a 12 power while his right might only be an 8. Ingo's Bingo was his thunderous right, Cooney big left, Holmes hard right cross. Some fighters like Marciano and Dempsey could be equal with their right or left. Defensively you'd want to stay away from Fraziers left maybe a strategy could be to do that.
Old 07-20-2014, 02:56 PM   #99
one two
Banned

Infractions: 0/1 (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dempsonny View Post
I'd like to see fighters rated for each of their hands. I know it would be a mammoth task but Frazier's left hook could have a 12 power while his right might only be an 8. Ingo's Bingo was his thunderous right, Cooney big left, Holmes hard right cross. Some fighters like Marciano and Dempsey could be equal with their right or left. Defensively you'd want to stay away from Fraziers left maybe a strategy could be to do that.
I agree.
one two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 09:08 PM   #100
Cap
Hall Of Famer

1. When a fighter gets stopped, the announcer should say (as he once did) this fight has ended by way of knockout (or TKO), and the picture should show the ref holding one boxer's glove up while the other guy is helped to his corner. Then the ring announcer gives the official time of the stoppage. "Referee Boils O'Donahue calls a halt at 2 minutes 53 seconds of round 3!"

2. The game's AI will have to run individual fight cards in the background while the gamer runs his own. At the beginning, or perhaps any time in the running of an AU, the gamer would select a stable of fighters to run and maybe a few others to control, while the AI runs all the rest. Injured or suspended boxers are unable to participate during specified periods of game-time.

3. When a majority decision is announced, the first two verdicts should be a winning call and the even call, then the third would be, "...and Judge Smoot scores it 114-107 for the winner by majority decision....Abe Reles!" In this way the gamer is left unsure after the first two verdicts as to whether it may be a draw or a majority win. [In reality, in the old days they often gave it away with the first two verdicts.]

With a split decision, you announce one for each fighter then pause, and announce, "...Judge Farkle scored it 120-103 for the winner by split decision....Joe Schmedley!"

Cap
Attached Images

Last edited by Cap; 10-04-2014 at 09:14 PM.
Cap is offline   Reply With Quote