Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Logos, Graphics, and HTML

Old 07-16-2010, 12:49 PM   #1
BMW
Hall Of Famer

1974 Topps v1.1 tempate for OOTP11 (11.2.17 and higher only)

Special note - the feature of v1.1 was the ability to go back 10 seasons, rather than 9 seasons.

Download here: OOTP_1974_Topps_v1.1.zip

Instructions
1. Navigate to:
C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 11\bb_cards (Win7/Vista)
C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\My Documents\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 11\bb_cards (WinXP)
2. Extract all folders within zip to bb_cards.
Contents
templates
This will overwrite your existing directory with the new template (example: 1974 Topps).
templates - Original
This contains the original templates that shipped with OOTP11.
templates - <cardname>
This contains backup files of the new template (example: templates - 1974 Topps v1.0).
3. [Special feature] Gum stains will randomly appear on some cards. If you want to remove the possibility of gum stains on your cards, simply delete the files titled horizontal_stain_*.png

4. [Special feature] During the 1973 season, it was rumored that the San Diego Padres could move to Washington D.C. for the 1974 season. Topps first run for the 1974 set labeled the Padres cards as "Washington Nat'l Lea." This set will label the Padres with the Washington variation during the 1973 season only.

For Mac users: (thanks Flying Dutchmen)

Instructions
1. After downloading the file, it should automatically unzip into a folder with the same name in your Downloads folder.

2. Open the folder and copy (or drag) all of its contents to the folder bb_cards. Hit yes to replace the existing templates folder with the new one.

With a default install of OOTP, the bb_cards folder should be at:

\<username>\Documents\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 11\bb_cards

Last edited by BMW; 07-16-2010 at 01:27 PM.
BMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 01:18 PM   #2
kckid4u
All Star Reserve

Location: Pictured Above: Buck Barnett - Best Pitcher in OOTP History!
Great work BMW. This is fantastic!
kckid4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 02:04 PM   #3
jmantemp
Minors (Single A)

These are absolutely amazing. Thanks so much!
jmantemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 03:18 PM   #4
damientheomen3
Hall Of Famer

I installed this, but every time I make a card it uses the OOTP template. I'm running 11.2.17.
damientheomen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 04:49 PM   #5
BMW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by damientheomen3 View Post
I installed this, but every time I make a card it uses the OOTP template. I'm running 11.2.17.
The only way it would continue to use the old template is if the XMLs weren't overwritten.

Go to C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 11\bb_cards\templates or C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\My Documents\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 11\bb_card\templates

Open up the all_star.xml. One of the very first lines should have a comment 1974 Topps Replica OOTP Template - BMW. Do you see that? Each XML should also be about 10K, while the originals were 3K.

Last edited by BMW; 07-16-2010 at 04:52 PM.
Old 07-16-2010, 05:20 PM   #6
gbmoore121
All Star Reserve

I had the same issue. I deleted the 1.0 folder and that fixed it (leaving the new 1.1).
Old 07-18-2010, 07:54 PM   #7
bwhansen
Minors (Double A)

These cards are great, nice job on them. Makes me wish I had the patience and artistic talent to do something like this.

I do have a question regarding them though. Do they work with photos or just facegens? I've created a few cards for players in a historical league I am using photos for and when it creates the card it selects the facegen instead.

Thanks for creating the template.
bwhansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 12:20 PM   #8
BMW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwhansen View Post
These cards are great, nice job on them. Makes me wish I had the patience and artistic talent to do something like this.

I do have a question regarding them though. Do they work with photos or just facegens? I've created a few cards for players in a historical league I am using photos for and when it creates the card it selects the facegen instead.

Thanks for creating the template.
They will work with both. There's nothing in the XML that I use that specifies FaceGen or historical photo - OOTP will attempt to figure that out by itself.

I've created cards using the photos in the past - I know at that point, I never had any historical, real player FaceGens. Do you happen to have both in your league at the same time?
Old 07-19-2010, 05:44 PM   #9
bwhansen
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW View Post
Do you happen to have both in your league at the same time?

No I dont have both, every player has a photo.

Interestingly, I did a little experimenting. Its only players on my team that have a facegen that this is happening to. I had 4 players make the all star team and the cards for all four were created with facegen pics. I checked every other all-star and the were all created using the photo.

I had 4 players in my league get inducted into the hall of fame. All four had historical facegens and none of the cards were created with the facegen.

I've created probably 25-30 new cards from the interface on the player profile and the only cards the were created using facegens were for players on my own team that had historical facegens. No cards created for players on other teams had this happen.

This kind of goes with some other wierdness I have noticed. If I promote/demote a player between majors and minors the photo sometimes changes to a facegen. This also only seems to happen to my team.

So I think it safe to say that whatever the problem is certainly isnt from your mod.

Thanks for the response and I'm looking forward to seeing other card creations.
bwhansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 12:12 AM   #10
PadresFan
All Star Starter

This is now on my Mod Website at the bottom of the FaceGen - Other Files section with your other templates.
PadresFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 04:41 AM   #11
thevaliantx
Minors (Triple A)

I extracted the zip file as instructed, and closed out and reopened OOTP13. For some reason, though, the default stuff is used to make the cards instead of the 1974 stuff. what gives?
thevaliantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 09:05 AM   #12
eriqjaffe
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thevaliantx View Post
I extracted the zip file as instructed, and closed out and reopened OOTP13. For some reason, though, the default stuff is used to make the cards instead of the 1974 stuff. what gives?
Make sure you edit %appdata%\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 13\config\app.cfg to reflect which card set you want to use. Silly, but there it is.
Old 05-24-2012, 01:27 PM   #13
thevaliantx
Minors (Triple A)

I'll give that a shot, I appreciate the tip! Hopefully Markus (or whoever is working on the baseball card portion of the game) will give this more attention. There's no reason why (if I had the time and energy to devote to programming I'd fix it) OOTP13 couldn't at least have a drop-down menu from which a user can pick which card set he wants to use. Baseball cards, being as popular as they used to be, strangely don't get more attention in this game.
thevaliantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 04:13 PM   #14
Bub13
All Star Reserve

Bumping an old thread b/c of an issue I'm having with this template in v15 -- newly generated cards show the player from chin to navel, rather than the face. Before I tinker too heavily with the xml, does anyone have a quick fix for this? I'll post a screenshot later when I get home, if needed.
Bub13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 02:20 AM   #15
fhomess
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bub13 View Post
Bumping an old thread b/c of an issue I'm having with this template in v15 -- newly generated cards show the player from chin to navel, rather than the face. Before I tinker too heavily with the xml, does anyone have a quick fix for this? I'll post a screenshot later when I get home, if needed.
This usually happens when the height and width of the PICTURE element doesn't match the 90x135 aspect ratio of a standard FaceGen. Most card XML's are designed with the FaceGen width in mind. In older versions, this didn't matter, but with the new facegen options it does. If you put in a height that's too small, then you get a zoomed in effect.

The height in the default XML should be 309 instead of 242. Change
Code:
<ELEMENT type="image" x="6" y="36" zorder="1" width="206" height="242" content="PICTURE" />
to
Code:
<ELEMENT type="image" x="6" y="36" zorder="1" width="206" height="309" content="PICTURE" />
There might be some other adjustments like adding a set facegen zoom that could enhance these cards, but this should resolve the basic issue you're seeing.

Last edited by fhomess; 05-20-2014 at 02:21 AM.
fhomess is offline   Reply With Quote