Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions

Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions General chat about the game...

Old 02-10-2013, 12:41 AM   #1
D-Ray Billy
Minors (Rookie Ball)

The craziest contracts I've seen handed out

The Phillies, in the offseason following the 2016 season, just gave Evan Longoria a four-year, $151 million deal. The final year of the contract calls for more than $50 million!

I am stunned. They've actually issued more than $320 million in contracts in the past MONTH.

I'm playing as the Astros and have been trading players left and right to try and stay profitable. I can't seem to keep my fan interest higher than 81, despite three straight playoff appearances (and one World Series appearance).

I don't really have a point to this. I've just invested a lot of time into this dynasty, and needed to vent.

Stupid Phillies.
D-Ray Billy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 04:30 AM   #2
raginhood
Minors (Double A)

Yeah some of these contracts post 2013 are becoming ridiculous. I haven't seen on that high 50mil but I've seen plenty of 33.5 mil ones for crap players. I trade Mitch Moreland to Boston because he was wanting some outlandish salary from me and Boston in the next year ended up offering him like a 7 year deal of 33.5 mil a year. I laughed as of course just like always these high paid players DON'T produce.

I personally won't pay much higher than 20mil cap or I'll make an offer with a large amount in the last year with "team option" and of course never accept the option.

As far as this
Quote:
I can't seem to keep my fan interest higher than 81, despite three straight playoff appearances (and one World Series appearance).
That's probably because you're in the same state as the Rangers and the Rangers are more popular. Pack up and move to another state that has no baseball team like Oklahoma or Louisiana and build a pitchers park and offer $1 beer promotions....if you build it they will come.
raginhood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 12:49 PM   #3
D-Ray Billy
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
That's probably because you're in the same state as the Rangers and the Rangers are more popular. Pack up and move to another state that has no baseball team like Oklahoma or Louisiana and build a pitchers park and offer $1 beer promotions....if you build it they will come.
I know you're right, but man. I have a hard time giving up on the Astros in Houston. 50+ years in that city, with the NASA theme and all? Seems a waste.

Thanks for the reassurance on the stupid Phillies contracts, btw.
Old 02-10-2013, 12:58 PM   #4
D-Ray Billy
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Moving team

Also: What's the best way to move your team? Is there an easy menu option somewhere, or do you just manually edit the city, the logos, etc.. piece by piece?
Old 02-10-2013, 01:47 PM   #5
raginhood
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Ray Billy View Post
Also: What's the best way to move your team? Is there an easy menu option somewhere, or do you just manually edit the city, the logos, etc.. piece by piece?
Heh I dunno I've never had to do it I play the RANGERS afterall. Ask dogface he knows everything ......afterall.

Edit: Oh an another thing the Rangers have that 2ft hotdog now, verrrrrrry popular I think they call it the "Heartattackwaitingtohappen" Name goes along with the dog it's 2ft long as well.

Last edited by raginhood; 02-10-2013 at 01:50 PM.
raginhood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 03:49 PM   #6
Le Grande Orange
Hall Of Famer

While that contract may seem crazy, I'd just say wait about five years and you'll be seeing similar things in real life once all the new local and national broadcasting money works its way through the MLB clubs' coffers.
Le Grande Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 06:11 PM   #7
TGH-Adfabre
Hall Of Famer

I bet if you look at the financials of the teams in your league you will see an excess of cash. You can lower the cash maximum so that teams have less disposable "extra" cash.

Quote:
I'm playing as the Astros and have been trading players left and right to try and stay profitable. I can't seem to keep my fan interest higher than 81, despite three straight playoff appearances (and one World Series appearance).
Your Fan Loyalty is the problem. You pretty much sold out this season and it looks like last season you made a playoff run. 2014 was decent but probably would not support a $130 mil budget. I think you are still recovering from the Astro's down years previous to 2013, which was abysmal for attendance. If you keep fielding a competitive team, keep a few core players around and keep winning you will push your Fan Loyalty up which will fix the Fan Interest problem.
I took over a Online League team that had finished over .500 twice in 14 seasons, it took years to fix the Fan Loyalty (unless you go into commissioner mode).
Old 02-10-2013, 11:46 PM   #8
Peregrine
All Star Reserve

Also keep in mind that if you trade (or otherwise get rid of) popular players your fan interest may be going down, so that could be part of the issue as well as what TGH mentioned.
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote