Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Logos, Graphics, and HTML
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-17-2010, 11:21 PM   #1
TribeFanInNC
Hall Of Famer

2009 Upper Deck template for OOTP 11 v1.0

Still a work in progress. I got the back mostly worked out, at least for pitchers. Have some fiddling to do with the hitter stats still. I also need to decide what to do with the empty block on the back. I'm waiting for the additional tokens for the personal stats as well.

EDIT: Well it only took another 3 months, but this one is finally done. Files attached below.

The xml file goes in OOTP Baseball 11\bb cards\templates folder.
The pics go in the OOTP Baseball 11\bb cards\templates\images folder.

You should be able to select UD_2009 when you make a baseball card.
Attached Images
Attached Files
File Type: zip templates - 2009 UD.zip (17.0 KB, 244 views)

Last edited by TribeFanInNC; 11-05-2010 at 07:54 PM.
TribeFanInNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 11:37 PM   #2
koohead
Hall Of Famer

nice and clean. are the card colors the team colors (primary and secondary?)
how did you get 2 different pictures to appear?
Old 08-17-2010, 11:38 PM   #3
TribeFanInNC
Hall Of Famer

Added a border just to frame the white back. Probably helps a bit:

EDIT: of course, the border made it more than 100kb for a png upload (hence the fuzziness)
Attached Images

Last edited by TribeFanInNC; 08-17-2010 at 11:44 PM.
Old 08-17-2010, 11:43 PM   #4
TribeFanInNC
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by koohead View Post
nice and clean. are the card colors the team colors (primary and secondary?)
how did you get 2 different pictures to appear?
Yes, the dk blue is the secondary team text color and the lighter Carolina blue is the main team background color.

The pictures are created at time of card creation. The xml file just tells it to make a picture twice and two different pictures are created. In fact, I don't think I could make them the same if I wanted to.
Old 08-18-2010, 12:16 AM   #5
koohead
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TribeFanInNC View Post
Yes, the dk blue is the secondary team text color and the lighter Carolina blue is the main team background color.

The pictures are created at time of card creation. The xml file just tells it to make a picture twice and two different pictures are created. In fact, I don't think I could make them the same if I wanted to.
well what do ya know I never knew that. Thanks! looking good.
Old 08-18-2010, 07:34 PM   #6
conception
All Star Starter

Nice looking work there. I love what everyone else is doing with all the cards and I really appreciate it, but I'm not overly nostalgic about all the old era Topps cards as I like the slickness of some of the better modern era cards, and since there were so many brands out there, there's a lot of potential candidates (though from what I've seen browsing these forums, some of the cards have formatting that is impossible to replicate in OOTP). The vintage cards don't really fit my modern era leagues either, though I have used them to change up the cards that I generate year after year.

This is really great, I hope you'll have a finished version the next time I need to generate cards for my team.
conception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 09:18 PM   #7
TribeFanInNC
Hall Of Famer

Well, I am overly nostalgic for the older Topps sets. But noticed that others were focused on those so I thought I'd find a newer card to replicate. One can only have so many sets from the 70s and 80s. Unfortunately, the newer cards (particularly Topps) tend to have advanced graphics that OOTP can't replicate very well. Like shiny writing, overlayed action poses, etc. This one works pretty well.

This weekend is going to be pretty busy, but I'll finish as soon as I can. I'll probably release a version 1 once I get the hitter stats spaced right and figure out where that white stripe is coming from. Then I can fiddle around with some of the more complex adjustments at my leisure, like filling the gold space on the back where it would normally talk about the player.

Thanks for the kind words.
Old 11-05-2010, 07:36 PM   #8
TribeFanInNC
Hall Of Famer

I've finally completed this template after a couple months of hiatus. Files attached to the first post of the thread. I hope you like it.
Old 11-19-2010, 10:45 AM   #9
Skywalker76
All Star Reserve

I am very sorry to ask this question but what are those for and what do they do in the game. Do they replace the player picture?

Thanks!
Skywalker76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 11:22 AM   #10
TribeFanInNC
Hall Of Famer

A new feature in OOTP version 11 is the ability to make baseball cards in-game. It does not replace the player picture; instead it uses the player picture to create another image that looks like a baseball card. These get permanently stored in another folder so you can keep them.

I mostly see this as useful to online players and dynasty writers to show their players in more detail when writing to create additional immersion. But I could see solo players making sets for their Hall of Famers or All-Stars or just their favorite players.

Thanks for the question. I'm sure you are not the only one wondering about this new feature.