Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Online Leagues
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-01-2010, 12:01 PM   #1
metsgeek
Hall Of Famer

Thumbs up PBRL - Fastpaced v6.5 Historical/Fictional League in our 89th season! Needs 2 GM's

Some of you may recognize me from the gigantic dynasty thread I ran a couple years back: P L A G U E !

Since then I've been the commissioner of the Professional Baseball Replay League: PBRL, a historical/fictional league that has been running for 88 seasons. I ran 1901-10 as a solo league to get some history, and we have been live since 1911. As of today, we are entering 1989 and find ourselves in need of a GM for the Phillies next season. This does not happen often, so strike while the iron is HOT

Here are some current features of the league:
  • As the commissioner, I do NOT own a team. I take care of teams in owners' absences and I pride myself on being completely impartial.
  • We use actual park factors based on data from an owner who worked for MLB
  • The league totals are tweaked throughout the season in order to accurate match the historical totals as closely as possible.
  • We use actual MLB historical schedules
  • Players are fictional, but we use actual teams (though some of them entered the leagues earlier or later than in reality).
  • We have a complete Catobase with additional stats coded in: Pro Replay History - League Statistics and History
  • We have an owner-made Hall of Fame based on the Cato Template: Hall of Fame - Pro Replay History
  • PBRL is a talent-only league using the 1-10 scale. Ratings are invisible.
  • There are no financials. Instead of Free Agency, we have had an international league called the IPL (OOTP 6 Generated Website) running simultaneously since 1970 with actual teams from Asia, Mexico and the Caribbean. Each season, 25-30 players from the IPL declare themselves eligible for "free agency" and teams submit blind bids on them. The signed players are imported to their new PBRL teams the following season.
  • Random free Agents added each year to teams to represent the "diamonds in the rough" discovered by your scouts
  • All playoff games and the All Star game are broadcast live.
  • PBRL has at least 6 sims per week, including a live End of Season sim posted on the forums.
In the past we have had:
  • The Federal League
  • The Negro Leagues with teams breaking the color
  • Players left for WWI and WWII. Some were wounded or killed. Some returned better than before.

As you can see, this is a very deep league with tons of history, a lot of activity and extremely devoted GM's. If you're interested in joining, send me a PM here or email me at metsgeek at yahoo dot com

109 seasons and still running strong!!!

Last edited by metsgeek; 12-31-2010 at 09:46 PM.
metsgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 06:41 PM   #2
Vris
Hall Of Famer

bump

still need two GMs

Blog it.
Vris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 09:44 PM   #3
metsgeek
Hall Of Famer

Just starting 1989 and the Phillies will be opening up next season. Email me if interested

109 seasons and still running strong!!!
metsgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 01:07 AM   #4
rudel.dietrich
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
Glad to see you guys are still going
rudel.dietrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 08:33 PM   #5
metsgeek
Hall Of Famer

Red Sox are available.