Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support

Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support Do you have a copy of OOTP Baseball 2006? Are you in need of help and assistance in running the game or do you have errors that you need help in resolving? This is your place!

Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2009, 06:23 PM   #1
Jabs
Minors (Double A)

Teams disappearing when saving world template

I tried searching for a related topic here, but couldn't find any matches so forgive me if this has been mentioned before.

I am creating a massive College League that has the following structure, but am having troubles saving the world template as I go:

307 College teams
307 AAA (JV) College teams
200 Team HS Feeder League (4 teams from each of the 50 states)
56 Team Junior College Feeder League (selected 6 conferences from NJCAA)

I obviously could not enter all team names in one sitting so I thought I could save the league template as I go. I've entered all team names for the 307 Varsity and JV college teams, saving the template as I go, and so far no problems. Then I added the HS feeder league, and began to enter the team names for those teams. I save every so often using names such as Coll1, Coll2, Coll3, etc. Each time I save, it tells me the template saved successfully. I go to bed thinking my league is coming along nicely at this point, but when I open up the game the following day, all my HS team names are gone!. Nothing like a few hours of my life gone down the tubes. So I try entering just my first division of HS teams and saving. It tells me it saves OK, and I exit the game. I immediately open it up again, and the teams are gone.

Does the game not save feeder league teams as part of a world template? It saved my main league and AAA league with no problems. I'd like to think I didn't just waste all this time entering my college teams, but I'm starting to lose hope.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Old 11-23-2009, 10:16 PM   #2
Jabs
Minors (Double A)

OK, so I've been messing around with this college league a bit more tonight, and so far no luck in getting this to work. First, I deleted the current HS feeder league and made a new one thinking a new feeder league would save correctly. Wrong. Next, I tried to make an entirely new league with a HS feeder league. I added a few teams, saved the template, and exited the game. Upon re-entering, I loaded the newly saved template, and in this league the HS feeder teams saved correctly. So my next thought was maybe I could come up with a workaround for this problem. My plan was to take this newly created league, and somehow move the HS feeder league over to my college league. But since it is a feeder league, it must be associated to the parent league (my college league in another world). I cannot transfer the parent-feeder association from one world to another.

Anyone have any other ideas to work around this problem?
Old 02-22-2010, 09:36 AM   #3
Tony M
Global Moderator

Jabs,

Sorry for the delay in responding to this. I'll log this as an issue to see if I can replicate it.
Old 02-22-2010, 09:43 AM   #4
Tony M
Global Moderator

I cannot replicate this issue. Could you try FTPing the .wtp file that is saved to the OOTP FTP site as per the instructions in the How To FTP Your Files To Us thread.
Old 03-07-2010, 06:10 PM   #5
battists
Hall Of Famer

Since we haven't heard back from this poster in quite some time, I'm going to go ahead and close out this thread.

If you want to continue discussing this issue, please submit a ticket via our new support site.

Thanks very much!