Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 - General Discussion
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Franchise Hockey Manager 3 - General Discussion Talk about our latest hockey manager game, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 10-18-2016, 10:37 AM   #1
ShaneCarson
All Star Reserve

Expansion in Path to Glory mode?

I have bought the past 2 FHM but never spent the time to get into it. I think Path to Glory would be a great help in getting me started. However, I'm interested in either starting with an expansion team or expanding later down the road. Is league expansion an option in Path to Glory?
ShaneCarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 10:56 AM   #2
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaneCarson View Post
I have bought the past 2 FHM but never spent the time to get into it. I think Path to Glory would be a great help in getting me started. However, I'm interested in either starting with an expansion team or expanding later down the road. Is league expansion an option in Path to Glory?
No, it's not.

If you want to have expansion happen, you'll want to play one of the sandbox modes.

Path to Glory is essentially meant as a slow sim, management focused recreation of the real world, so any changes you can make are very limited.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 11:03 AM   #3
ShaneCarson
All Star Reserve

That's a shame.

I know it's meant for a slow sim, which is what is appealing to me. I think for getting into a new sport sim period, being able to see what happens day to day is important.

However, I think it'd be great to either start with an expansion team or take over one down the road. What better way to solidify your "path to glory" than to take a team from the beginning to the championship.

I'm envisioning it in a way that NBA 2K17 handled it this year.
ShaneCarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 11:22 AM   #4
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaneCarson View Post
That's a shame.

I know it's meant for a slow sim, which is what is appealing to me. I think for getting into a new sport sim period, being able to see what happens day to day is important.

However, I think it'd be great to either start with an expansion team or take over one down the road. What better way to solidify your "path to glory" than to take a team from the beginning to the championship.

I'm envisioning it in a way that NBA 2K17 handled it this year.
I think some of the issue has to do with licensing as well, given the uncertainty surrounding the new Las Vegas team. I don't know for sure, but I'd imagine once that's finalized there may be some changes in game regarding expansion.

Old 10-18-2016, 01:18 PM   #5
WIUPIKE
All Star Starter

Is there an option to start in a sandbox mode and then save it as a quickstart as a PTG game with Expansion Teams?
WIUPIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 02:26 PM   #6
GMO123
Major Leagues

Is it possible on 'Path to Glory' to start with fictional players? i.e. everything the same except using fictional players instead of real players.

I prefer to use fictional players because everyone's evaluation of the real current players' attributes differ, and especially what they'll be like in the future.
GMO123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 03:32 PM   #7
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIUPIKE View Post
Is there an option to start in a sandbox mode and then save it as a quickstart as a PTG game with Expansion Teams?
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMO123 View Post
Is it possible on 'Path to Glory' to start with fictional players? i.e. everything the same except using fictional players instead of real players.

I prefer to use fictional players because everyone's evaluation of the real current players' attributes differ, and especially what they'll be like in the future.
No neither option is possible.

You can do both those things in Sandbox mode though.