Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Dynasty Reports

OOTP Dynasty Reports Tell us about the OOTP dynasties you have built!

Old 09-23-2019, 02:08 AM   #21
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

Location: Somewhere in the United States of America on God's Earth
I mainly want this thread to now serve as an organizational-type thread, especially seeing as I will NOT be making ANY new requests for some time, if at all, in the future. And I will try to make as many items as I can related to any team and/or league already mentioned in this thread myself, from now on, one way or another. Either mentioned by now, or that may be mentioned in the future, that is.

I'm sure others around here do have such threads present for themselves here on the forums, and this would be another such thread here on them, in essence. Especially because I do not plan on making any more requests on the forums for at least a good while longer, if at all, folks.

Again, this will now be primarily an organizational-type thread, if the moderators permit, and a place where I can describe my ideal sporting universe to at least some degree, I think. Rarely, if ever again, do I plan to potentially make any significant enough requests through THIS thread on the forums. Please keep that in mind here, for your information, folks. CD out.

Proverbs 16:7 KJV
Romans 12:18 KJV
Philippians 2:1-11 KJV

DeviantArt:

https://www.deviantart.com/clovidequano-dovatha

GBA:

https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...d.php?t=316515

EC's IPA:

https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...d.php?t=158631

Updates to my various threads may be delayed or sporadic, and requests may still be some time away, while I continue working on LUtD. CD out.
Clovidequano Dovatha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 08:14 AM   #22
CS_OOTP
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clovidequano Dovatha View Post
I mainly want this thread to now serve as an organizational-type thread, especially seeing as I will NOT be making ANY new requests for some time, if at all, in the future. And I will try to make as many items as I can related to any team and/or league already mentioned in this thread myself, from now on, one way or another. Either mentioned by now, or that may be mentioned in the future, that is.

I'm sure others around here do have such threads present for themselves here on the forums, and this would be another such thread here on them, in essence. Especially because I do not plan on making any more requests on the forums for at least a good while longer, if at all, folks.

Again, this will now be primarily an organizational-type thread, if the moderators permit, and a place where I can describe my ideal sporting universe to at least some degree, I think. Rarely, if ever again, do I plan to potentially make any significant enough requests through THIS thread on the forums. Please keep that in mind here, for your information, folks. CD out.
This forum is not the place for you to think out loud.

This is the graphics forum. Your organizational needs can be done offline in a word document. You shouldn’t be posting in this specific forum unless you’re requesting or posting graphics for the game.

Last edited by CS_OOTP; 09-23-2019 at 12:37 PM.
CS_OOTP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 12:42 PM   #23
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

EDIT: Please note that this was on the Graphics Forum... I think it was moved from the Dynasty Forum by mistake... now it is back where it should be... on the Dynasty Forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clovidequano Dovatha View Post

CD:
CD_OOTP has some very good advice for you... please pay attention to his suggestion.
This forum is not the place for you to think out loud. This is the graphics forum. Your organizational needs can be done offline in a word document. You shouldn’t be posting in this specific forum unless you’re requesting or posting graphics for the game.

Each OOTP Forum is related to a specific part of the game... whenever you need help about a certain part of the game, you go to its Forum.

CD, that is excellent advice.

And now I will try to explain it to you a little bit further.

This is the OOTP Graphics Forum... it is not a Forum to present your wants and desires for your Dynasty World and its development process... no one here on the OOTP Graphics Forum is interested in your plans for your Dynasty World... they go to the OOTP Dynasty Forum for that subject... the place for your plans for your Dynasty World is on the OOTP Dynasty Forum... not here.

People come here to get items related to game graphics.

If you want a logo created... or a set of jerseys and caps... this is the Forum to request them... just don't ask for 40 logos, jerseys and caps in one thread... ask for them one or two teams at a time... just give the name of the teams and colors desired... just keep it simple... that will increase your chance of getting custom work done... but it will not be done, if it is too complex and complicated... they will ignore your requests.

Some Graphic Designers have created threads here on the OOTP Graphic Forum to share their work... they are usually very good and want to share their work here... and they are very prolific... they specialize in MLB, Minor Leagues, Fictional Leagues, NCAA Leagues and High School Teams... in general, they just post their work... they don't often fill specific requests unless they are related specifically to something they have done recently... sometimes, you get lucky and they will make changes for you... but it doesn't happen often anymore.

This Graphics Forum is also to find out how to do basic things related to game graphics like install logo, jerseys and caps.

It is also used for information... how to find logos, jerseys and caps that already have been created... as I have told you many times... that is the best way to get logos, jerseys and caps these days... very few designers will do custom work these days... but that is the best source for your new leagues.

It is rare these days for anyone to create a logo, jersey or caps for anyone... the good old days are long gone forever now.

Last edited by Eugene Church; 09-25-2019 at 12:00 PM.
Eugene Church is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 01:06 PM   #24
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

Right, and I am trying to keep that in mind here. Per my promise, I have not requested any new items since I made it, and I won't, until at least mid-November, if not longer, I expect. Besides, I have too many other things to do in the meantime, whether on the forums or not.

Such as working with my dynasties, for instance. I've got a decent start going on the latest one I started, and have mainly been focusing on that one, trying to stay out of any more trouble here. I found some real good work mostly by txranger, and downloaded many items on my own initiative for many schools I'm now including in that dynasty, after finding them in various places. Also downloaded a number of college fields that were made earlier. Couldn't find enough fields for all the relevant schools yet, so some will use the default stadium for a while, I think.

I can't wait to see if my current MLB team (Providence Grays) manages to get out of the cellar before they move for the 1886 season. I don't like losing, mind you, but hopefully we'll be able to do better soon. I especially hope we can by the time we get back to St. Louis, once and for all, of course.

Thanks again for your friendship and all. As I've said, if I can't find items here on the forums or elsewhere, I'll try to make them myself, if I can, for at least the time being, if not longer. I still might need advice and all, every so often, though, I think, Eugene. CD out.

DeviantArt:

GBA:

EC's IPA:

Updates to my various threads may be delayed or sporadic, and requests may still be some time away, while I continue working on LUtD. CD out.
Old 09-23-2019, 01:21 PM   #25
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

As to the days you refer as the good old days around here, I don't necessarily think they are as gone as you may think, Eugene. There are some very good prospects in terms of graphics makers here, and more may be coming. While some may be gone, or nearly gone, if not gone already, there are more here or coming, I think. See low and the mad monk, among others, for example.

Not to say the graphics legends aren't still capable of great work, because they definitely are. See Txranger, for example, and I certainly am not saying that to be facetious or anything here. He is one of the best, if not the best, here in my view, if I'm not too mistaken here, for such things. And all of us can learn a lot if we just care enough to open our hearts and our minds and all to those who have useful tips and all to share with others who are willing to listen and all, as needed and as appropriate, especially us younger folks. Even if we're in our forties, for instance, as I am now.

Well, that's enough to talk about here in this post, at least, I think. CD out.

DeviantArt:

GBA:

EC's IPA:

Old 09-23-2019, 02:38 PM   #26
jparker2112
All Star Reserve

welp..thats it. im out yall...im taking a break from trying to find anything fun and new in the mod posts for a while. i cant handle this anymore....and before you say i can just choose to ignore them..i cant. i see the bold font alerting me that a new post has been made and i think "hey maybe its a cool new logo or jersey set" so i look. NOPE! Just more pointless rants from CD or people begging him to focus on what the board is supposed to be about. NO THANKS! jparker OUT!
jparker2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 03:19 PM   #27
txranger
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jparker2112 View Post
welp..thats it. im out yall...im taking a break from trying to find anything fun and new in the mod posts for a while. i cant handle this anymore....and before you say i can just choose to ignore them..i cant. i see the bold font alerting me that a new post has been made and i think "hey maybe its a cool new logo or jersey set" so i look. NOPE! Just more pointless rants from CD or people begging him to focus on what the board is supposed to be about. NO THANKS! jparker OUT!

That's exactly why my presence has been almost nonexistent the last few months. The day he made like 10 or 15 different requests in one swoop just did me in... That turned me off completely to even coming here to check on things... Pretty much has ruined the Mods forum for me...

txranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 05:17 PM   #28
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

CD sent me a private message and asked my advice.

I told him he had unintentionally offended a lot of people on the OOTP Graphics Forum with too many requests and too many comments.

I told him to stop posting on the Graphics Forums... I told him to read the Graphics Forum threads, download any items he liked, but not to post on the Forum, not even a thank you.

I told him to stop bumping his old request threads, telling him he was wasting his time... no one was going to help him... by incessant bumping them he was making people mad.

I told him to concentrate entirely on his two dynasty threads in the OOTP Dynasty Forum... no one cares what he posts in his own dynasty threads.

I also told him not to post in other people's dynasty threads... not even to thank them... but it was OK to read them.

I told him the less his name was seen on the Forums, the better his life would be.

Last edited by Eugene Church; 09-23-2019 at 05:23 PM.
Old 09-23-2019, 05:19 PM   #29
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

This is my last post about CD... I hope he will take my advice.

I'm hoping the OOTP Graphics Forum can soon return to just being a place for folks that love graphics for our beloved game.

Last edited by Eugene Church; 09-23-2019 at 05:20 PM.
Old 09-23-2019, 07:20 PM   #30
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

One final item:

In a private message CD told me he will try to stay off the Forums except in his two Dynasty threads.

He will only read the Graphics Forum and Dynasty Forum and not post any comments or thank yous.

He will only download items that he likes and will not comment or thank you for them.

CD realizes that he has unintentionally aggravated many people... he hopes that all of you will give him another chance and will eventually accept him back on the Graphics Forum.

He understands it may take some time.
Old 09-23-2019, 07:27 PM   #31
ashantewarrier
Hall Of Famer

Did we really have to explain to CD what the forums were for? I mean it's pretty much self explanatory.

Dude has little self awareness. His posting on the forums is basically analogous to the constant spam call you receive on your phone.
-Jackie Robinson, #42 Brooklyn Dodgers

"Hitting is better than sex." - Reggie Jackson
ashantewarrier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 08:16 PM   #32
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashantewarrier View Post
Did we really have to explain to CD what the forums were for? I mean it's pretty much self explanatory.

Dude has little self awareness. His posting on the forums is basically analogous to the constant spam call you receive on your phone.
In order to try and help him, yes, we need to explain to him how the Forums work.

CD has trouble in social situations... most of us are fortunate not to have his problems.

Please be a little more understanding and not so quick to judge.

CD is going to get better as we try to help him... hopefully, he will be able to come back to the Graphics Forum one day and will be able to function like most of us already can... that is what I am hoping for.

Last edited by Eugene Church; 09-23-2019 at 10:18 PM.
Old 09-23-2019, 11:34 PM   #33
ashantewarrier
Hall Of Famer

Going to try consolidating certain threads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene Church View Post
In order to try and help him, yes, we need to explain to him how the Forums work.

CD has trouble in social situations... most of us are fortunate not to have his problems.

CD is going to get better as we try to help him... hopefully, he will be able to come back to the Graphics Forum one day and will be able to function like most of us already can... that is what I am hoping for.
Church, I've been on these boards almost as long as you. I'm 54 years old and at my age, I reserve the right to judge.

In fact, I have helped out CD myself by providing him with a complete set of custom uni's as per his request. The set spanned over 100 yrs of history for a fictional St. Louis franchise, which was a lot of uni’s. After getting that set, and not properly thanking me for providing it to him, he asked for even more!

The OOTP forums have been a way for me to relax over the last almost 16 years. It provides many of us board members a little escapism from everyday life. I'm not here to analyze someone's state of mind.

ASW out.

Last edited by ashantewarrier; 09-24-2019 at 08:13 AM.
Old 09-24-2019, 12:41 AM   #34
qcbandits
Banned

Infractions: 0/4 (4)
I wish the OOTP forums had the way to block certain users. CD would be on there. MGOM as well except he doesn't post as much anymore
qcbandits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 08:11 AM   #35
ashantewarrier
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by qcbandits View Post
I wish the OOTP forums had the way to block certain users. CD would be on there. MGOM as well except he doesn't post as much anymore

This would be a great feature.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 09-24-2019, 10:03 AM   #36
ArcAngel
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by qcbandits View Post
There is. Ignore list.
ArcAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 11:42 AM   #37
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashantewarrier View Post
Church, I've been on these boards almost as long as you. I'm 54 years old and at my age, I reserve the right to judge.

In fact, I have helped out CD myself by providing him with a complete set of custom uni's as per his request. The set spanned over 100 yrs of history for a fictional St. Louis franchise, which was a lot of uni’s. After getting that set, and not properly thanking me for providing it to him, he asked for even more!

The OOTP forums have been a way for me to relax over the last almost 16 years. It provides many of us board members a little escapism from everyday life. I'm not here to analyze someone's state of mind.

ASW out.
Thank you for helping him with his St. Louis franchise... I can understand your frustration with CD.

Hopefully, he will listen to the wisdom of the OOTP Community and learn to post with proper protocols.
Old 09-24-2019, 12:39 PM   #38
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

CD, please don't answer anyone anymore on the Graphic Forum threads.

Just let the threads die and go away.
Old 09-24-2019, 03:06 PM   #39
Germaniac
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene Church View Post

Eugene, I have to disagree here.

We don't need to explain how the forums work and no, CD is not getting better - at least he hasn't over the past few months.

You gave him so much advice over the past few months and it keeps getting worse.

I understand that he has problems in social situations, but there comes the point where he has to learn how to deal with the forums or simply stay away from them.

These boards are our escape from our "real lives" and they let us live in our little parallel universe called OOTP. We all have our problems in our lives, we all catch bad breaks ... these boards are not the place to discuss them.

I agree with ashantewarrier - I loved visiting the Graphics forum, watching the art Tx, low and all the others shared with us, stunned by what they were able to accomplish even though I couldn't use everything in my leagues.

A few weeks ago I basically stopped because all these CD-threads simply were annoying.

Hopefully peace will return. And thanks for all you did in this situation. Without your constant assistance things would have been much much worse.
that might not be a satisfactory answer.

Happy Chandler, 1947
Germaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 07:42 PM   #40
itsmb8
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcAngel View Post
There is. Ignore list.
I've personally had CD on the ignore list for quite awhile, but it doesnt help that his name and threads still get bumped up in the forums, per his own doing. The ignore list just blanks their posts, but we need it to literally make their posts/threads/whatever disappear.
itsmb8 is offline   Reply With Quote