Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 24 > Perfect Team 24
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team 24 Perfect Team 24 - The online revolution! Battle tens of thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 08-21-2023, 10:33 AM   #1
saltuskin
Bat Boy

Need help with iron tourneys

I am a fairly new player about a month and having major problems in iron tourneys
I have read the guides and followed the best it can and I get beat all the time in the first or second round
I have even copied winners times exactly and still have no luck I see people have won like 800 tourneys I know they are not all iron but can some one give me a clue

I have all the players the winners are using most in the exact same spots I move them around some and no luck, getting very frustrated, I play prob 5-10 irons a day

If anyone can help i would greatly appreciate it
saltuskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2023, 01:01 PM   #2
stanfordhawkjr
Bat Boy

I have the same problem with iron tournaments. I'd suggest expermenting with your game strategy sliders. No one wants to give away a solution that took thousands of hours to perfect. It's a competition. Got to put on your big boy pants and do your best with the available tools. I'm getting my butt handed all the time, but keep on plugging on. Satisfaction will be sweeter once you figure it out. I suggest entering a weekly iron tournament to change your roster. That will default to the quick iron tournament.
stanfordhawkjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2023, 02:40 PM   #3
Fabtron7
All Star Reserve

One of the biggest a most overlooked parts of tournaments is fatigue management.
Old 08-21-2023, 03:56 PM   #4
bailey
Hall Of Famer

Who's team are you copying? How do you know it is any good and not just lucky that one time you studied it? Only 5 players have won more than 800 tournaments and they are playing gold not iron. Because you can win a tournament in gold in 1 hour vs. 3 in iron and 6 in bronze.

If you want to be good in iron you need to study (copy) players that are good in iron. So, you need to enter daily early or late iron and find the teams that are tops in iron. For best results study (copy) the hitters from one team and study (copy) the pitchers from a different team to create your very own unique team.

Here is the published list from last week.
Attached Images

bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2023, 04:23 PM   #5
Germaniac
Hall Of Famer

And don't forget there is a lot of luck involved.

Let's assume that all 16 teams have the identical roster with the identical strategy ... 8 teams have to get knocked out in the first round and one team has to win.

I had stretches where in 10 tourneys I won a couple and had a few second place finishes, followed by lots of early exits while fielding exactly the same team.

But obviously, when you never win (or finish second), there must be something you're missing
that might not be a satisfactory answer.

Happy Chandler, 1947
Germaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2023, 09:34 AM   #6
LeeD
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanfordhawkjr View Post
I have the same problem with iron tournaments. I'd suggest expermenting with your game strategy sliders. No one wants to give away a solution that took thousands of hours to perfect. It's a competition. Got to put on your big boy pants and do your best with the available tools. I'm getting my butt handed all the time, but keep on plugging on. Satisfaction will be sweeter once you figure it out. I suggest entering a weekly iron tournament to change your roster. That will default to the quick iron tournament.
Other things that are not shown when viewing another team's roster:

pitch counts and batters faced counts;
fatigue settings and how often bench players play (if at all);
secondary bullpen roles;
use of openers and opener lineups.

Some of these can be gleaned from studying the team's stats, some can be estimated or guesstimated, and some are just plain unknowable.
LeeD is offline   Reply With Quote