Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 6 > FHM 6 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 11-30-2019, 10:57 AM   #1
Dkitson16
Major Leagues

Expansion Draft Issue

First I should note that I have not updated to the new version with the tab and the options for the expansion draft.

AFter I posted this I noted the same problem with Mario Lemieux

Moved from another forum:

Gretzky on 2 teams?

In my historical league Gretzky was a lifelong Baltimore player.

In 1990 I add Hampton Roads and Tampa as expansion teams.

Gretzky was apparently a free agent at the time.

On July 2 he is BOTH signed by Baltimore and Drafted by Hampton Roads in the expansion draft?

Did Baltimore sign and then not protect a 5 star Gretzky at 30 years old?

Why did it take until the 14th round for Hampton Roads to draft him?

Was the error that the July 2 signing was really by Hampton Roads after the expansion draft?

So the protection lists / expansion draft logic and / or a glitch in the game needs work?
Attached Images
Image Image 
Dkitson16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 03:05 AM   #2
JeffR
FHM Producer

Going to need to see the save, I'm not sure what could be going on there on three or four different counts.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 04:55 AM   #3
JeffR
FHM Producer

Got the save, thanks. I think what happened there is that Gretzky was a restricted free agent from Baltimore, and they were in the midst of re-signing him but exposed him in the draft and he was selected by Hampton Roads. The main problem is the exposure of a good player because he was an RFA; we'll have to take a look at the protected list logic to prevent that from occurring, probably by differentiating between rights held to a player who is currently unsigned vs. rights held to a player who's playing somewhere else. And I'm wondering if we should maybe bump the default expansion draft date back a bit to let free agency situations like this resolve themselves in the first week of July before getting to the draft day.
Old 12-03-2019, 05:59 PM   #4
Dkitson16
Major Leagues

Playing the same game a few years later and I noted this error.

Mathews and McDavid are both drafted in 2015 (which is the way this game counts draft eligibility as I understand it).

But if you look in each players history they show as both signing in 2015 (which makes sense) but that they are drafted in 2016, which contradicts when they were actually drafted.

So I speculate that the personal history of players is not "importing" info correctly.

Let me know if you want me to upload this newer save of the same game.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Dkitson16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 06:10 AM   #5
JeffR
FHM Producer

Likley an error with the history entry because of the way drafts are timed in historical, we'll check that. And they actually shouldn't be in the same draft, the draft data for those drafts has the same September 15 birthday cutoff so Matthews should be in the 2016 draft, not 2015, so that'll need to be looked at as well.