Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 6 > FHM 6 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 11-04-2019, 10:58 AM   #1
NorthernForce
Bat Boy

Star Players Not Signing Issue

I've noticed that when you get past the mid 2020's and contracts such as Matthews, McDavid and Mackinnon are expiring, that these players are asking for 12 million plus, and they are never resigned. They should absolutely be asking for that much based on how the NHL is today with contract values, but in each game I have started players such as those listed constantly end up in the KHL, playing for something like 2.5 mil on a 2 year deal, which doesn't make a lot of sense. Not sure why the CPU teams are very rarely willing to pay out these superstar players, I admittedly haven't gone through every team to check if they can afford it or not, but there has to be a couple that can in the league. There is just no way that 31 teams are passing up on a 28-32 year old UFA like Matthews because he wants 12 million per lol.
NorthernForce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 01:56 AM   #2
JeffR
FHM Producer

I'm looking through a few long-term saves, both my own and a few from users, and I'm not really seeing anything like that. For example, in a game at the start of 2029-30, 8 of the top 10 players (by ability rating) aged 28 or older (i.e., the ones old enough to start 2019-20 belonging to an NHL team) are with the team they started with, and have cap hits in the $9-12m range.

The moves of good NHL players to the KHL are a different issue, and I think I've narrowed that down to an unintentional side-effect of a data change. I've made some adjustments there and will be reviewing the results before the next full update.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 07:26 AM   #3
Pallo55
Minors (Single A)

Any eta for this? Kinda ridiculous how these star players like Rantanen, Svechnikov, Hischier etc, are signing some 3 million deals to the KHL.

Name:  khl.png
Views: 220
Size:  29.5 KB
Pallo55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 02:08 AM   #4
JeffR
FHM Producer

Still likely in the next update, waiting for a new test build right now to see if what I've changed is working properly.
Old 11-28-2019, 10:55 PM   #5
mitchellthompson
Bat Boy

Has this update occurred yet? I just had a 26 year old Matthews sign in the KHL following a 129 point season and a 30 year old Scheifele sign overseas aswell following a 101 point season.

And if/when this update fixes this problem, how will this work for games where this has already happened? I'm assuming the update will only help with preventing this from happening in future games?
mitchellthompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 12:09 AM   #6
JeffR
FHM Producer

It's in today's update, but yeah, it won't help with games that have already started. The best thing to do for those is probably increasing the league salary cap by about $5 million - that should give teams the cap room to deal with the larger salaries that have accumulated in the save.
Old 11-29-2019, 12:40 PM   #7
Whitebear
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
It's in today's update, but yeah, it won't help with games that have already started. The best thing to do for those is probably increasing the league salary cap by about $5 million - that should give teams the cap room to deal with the larger salaries that have accumulated in the save.
I'm adjusting the salary cap almost every season by $2 million (and floor about approx.78.66% of the cap) and not having this issue.
Whitebear is offline   Reply With Quote