Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 6 > FHM 6 - Dynasty Reports

FHM 6 - Dynasty Reports Talk about your FHM 6 dynasties here!

Old 11-23-2019, 04:44 PM   #1
Margaret Garlick
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Career dynasty

Hey people, new manager here who enjoys writing up their game and reading other people's dynasty reports. I started a manager career with myself as a Norwegian-Dutch person, will see how far I can get and whether I can get myself an NHL job. I aim to post once or twice every week

First, a short summary of the game so far, the first one and a half years of it. At the start I got signed by Ilves of Tampere, a historic club with quite a bit of talent but not as much money as the big clubs in Finland.

2019/20

NHL: #3E Arizona beat #2W Philadelphia in 5.
Art Ross (Pts): Nathan McKinnon (COL), Maurice Richard (Goals): Auston Matthews (TOR), Vezina (GK): Jordan Binnington (STL)
Arizona best players: LD Oliver Ekman-Larsson (61pts + 22 POpts), RW Phil Kessel (55pts + 23 POpts), GK Antti Raanta (2.60 GAA/.917 SV%, 2.20/.936 in PO)

Ilves reached the final of the Finnish league, where we lost to Pelicans Lahti after knocking out regular season winners TPS in the semi-final.

Other champions: CSKA Moskva (KHL), Frölunda (Sweden), Zürich Lions (Switzerland), Sparta Praha (Czechia), Red Bull München (Germany), Canada (Worlds), Switzerland (World juniors)

2020/21

Draft #1: Alexis Lafrenière (QC/CAN) to the Senators.

Get the job as Netherlands senior coach as have that as 2nd nationality. They got relegated to Division II-B so that could be interestingly terribad.

Lots of free agent activity, eventually scoop up G Justus Annunen who had been transferred to Switzerland mid-season last year. Also Czech NT defender Adam Polášek from Sparta Praha, and eventually fill up my foreigner quota of eight. I find a center to build my team around, signing C Juha Lammikko to a 3-year-deal for someone to build around, but it's clear I don't have the financial muscle at Ilves to compete with the salaries teams like Kärpät are offering. Half the team also refuse a new contract so I'll be starting with 13 players next season. I pretty much decide to look for a new job at a team with better finances or in a junior league.

World Cup

Canada won 6 games from 6 and took the title. Europe reached the final despite having no backs, lost 3-6 and 1-8 once they got there. Nathan McKinnon MVP.

Champions Hockey League

Ilves placed 3rd in a tough group, one OTL to Red Bull München the decider. The Swiss league was most succesful in the group stage, but most of their teams failed in the 2nd round. Yet, Zürich Lions won the final 3-0, facing the upset German team of Augsburg; EBEL team Südtirol Foxes reached the semi-final.

My team's season:

September: 4-3-0 (0-0 OT), owner is happy and we're competitive. Should be another tight playoff race.
October: 5-2-2 (0-2 OT), get knocked out of CL but smash Kärpät and rivals Tappara. Our third line is contributing lots of points with RW Antonen the top scorer and C Perttilä being named player of the month. We end the league in the lead despite losing at 2nd-place SaiPa in the last match.
November: 4-2-4 (3-1 OT), we fall back but so do SaiPa and HPK who were following us, the favourites of Tappara and Kärpät are picking themselves up. Last season I had already rejected three job offers by this point, now I don't have any...hopefully I get something soon. We round off the month beating rivals Tappara, but because of the OT point they stay two points ahead of us after 26/60 matches. We only have 9 points down to the pre-play-off zone, so it's still tight.
December: 2-3-2 (2-0 OT), too many close games right now. Contest at GK is heating up as my 26yo Slovak Košarišťan surprisingly gained half a star, given he's contracted for next year I'm gonna try to split time 50-50 from now. We pick our game up towards the end of the month and RW Maccelli take his place as league topscorer with six goals this month, but losing to Tappara at the end of the month sees us fall to third.

I also prefer to have back pairs split into "defensive" and "attacking" pairs; my reasoning is attacking back pairs with good puck and passing skills will play a lot with 1st-line players and will help them overwhelm their opponents. The defensive back pairs play with 3rd and 4th lines who will tend to be forced back in their own zone. Is this a good approach, or is it better to have one attacking back and one defensive back?

Last edited by Margaret Garlick; 11-23-2019 at 04:47 PM.
Margaret Garlick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 04:43 PM   #2
Margaret Garlick
Minors (Rookie Ball)

January: 3-6-3 (2-1 OT) Horrible start, we somehow give up a 3-0 lead in the first match, but bounce back on the Sunday with a GK change. Two of our players go to Czechia and win bronze in the World Juniors, hosts Czechia beat Slovakia in the final. Lose to the bottom team and blow the rivalry match against Tappara to wave goodbye to a chase for the regular season title, we're now 12 points behind after 37/60 matches. A tough schedule means I have to change around on the lines a lot, and we finish the month 4th - 17 points off the lead and 5 points ahead of the pre-play-off spots.

February: 3-4-1 (0-1 OT). We're barely making shots now so something must be messed up with the tactics; I turn on the shooting for the first line and see if that helps - which it sort of does, we squeeze out a win against TPS despite a penalty fest. Also manage to sign a couple role players to contracts; if I stay on next season we'll have about $1.2m to spend on 10 players. Pretty middle-of-the-road results but we defend our spot in the quarterfinals. We close the month in sixth, but with games in hand over the teams ahead.
Meanwhile, in the NHL, champions Arizona are 24-31-9, placed 13th in the West and quite unlikely to make the play-offs.

Table at the end of February 2021

Last edited by Margaret Garlick; 11-30-2019 at 04:45 PM.
Old 12-01-2019, 12:58 PM   #3
Margaret Garlick
Minors (Rookie Ball)

March 2021: 4-3-0. Start with a big win over Tappara in the cross-town derby, which moves us past them in the table and into 4th. With two games to go, we beat SaiPa 5-1 to go second in the league and clinch a direct quarter-final spot, and our top scorer Maccelli returns from a niggling injury that's kept him out of seven games. However, that doesn't really help and we fall to 4th place, which means we'll play Tappara in the quarter-finals.

The final table.

In the pre play-offs defending champions Pelicans and giant club Kärpät are upset by Ässät and TPS respectively.

Quarterfinals, against Tappara: win in seven games after losing games 1 and 3. Maccelli puts in two goals in the 7th game and has 7 goals in the play-offs already, making him top goalscorer - second-liner Ikonen has the most points with 8. G Annunen shuffles between 4 and 5 heat. #1 Lukko, #2 SaiPa, and #6 JYP join us in the semifinals.

The NHL regular season is also over, Colorado are the #1 seed in the West with the league's best record at 56-21-5 and Detroit are #1 in the East.

Semi-finals against SaiPa:

Game 1: Win 5-3 with an empty-netter on the road, forced SaiPa to yank their goalie at 4-1 down and held on from there.
Game 2: Win 5-3 again! Both teams swap goalies, our reserve Košarišťan starts badly by letting in two but we persist and turn it around to 3-2, and control the game pretty well from there. In the other series, Lukko win their first two games at home.
Game 3: Win 3-1 with Annunen back in goal. JYP pull back their series with a 5-1 win at home in Jyväskylä.
Game 4: Win 3-2, sweep! Give away a 2-0 lead but Teemu Lepaus gives us the series-winning goal, assisted by points leader Ikonen. This gives our injured players time to heal ahead of the finals series, which will be against Lukko Rauma after they beat JYP in 6.
Old 12-04-2019, 01:52 PM   #4
Margaret Garlick
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Finals, Lukko vs Ilves:

Game 1: Lose 3-2 away, we were rolling after two periods but somehow gave it away.
Game 2: Another tough 3-2 loss, we rattled the net in the 3rd period but couldn't turn it around. Star RD Polášek goes down with shin splints.
Game 3: Win 3-2, same scoreline but this time to us, the second line coming up with the goods.
Game 4: Lose 3-4 in OT, despite being 3-1 up, their goalie had a super game. Seems like we're going to be losing finalists for the second year in a row.
Game 5: A tight play-off tussle sees us win 2-1 and keep the series alive, no goals in the last two periods.
Game 6: Win 2-1 OT, another incredible goalie performance, eventually Lukko take a penalty in overtime and Maccelli scores his 13th goal of the play-offs. This means a game 7, which will clash with the world championships, unfortunate scheduling.
Game 7: Win 5-1 and Ilves are the champions of Finland! Their goalie had been so clutch but now gave up 0-3 by the 5th minute of period 2 and it was easy from there. C Karvonen came in to replace the tired Weigel and had a super game with two assists, Maccelli rounds off his career at Ilves with two more goals for a total of 69 goals in 144 games with the club, and picks up the Jari Kurri Trophy as playoff MVP. Really hoping he'll go to North America or something.

Other leagues:

NHL: Absolute chaos in the playoffs, #1 Colorado falls in the second round to Dallas who in turn crash to the #7 seed Nashville. Philadelphia miss out again, getting swept by #8 Carolina in the Eastern finals - G Alex Nedeljkovic and C Sebastian Aho leading the way. Carolina Hurricanes eventually beat Nashwille in 6 for the Stanley Cup, with Aho picking up the Conn Smythe for 13 G/10 A in 22 games.

NHL awards: Art Ross (Pts): Nikita Kucherov (TB), Maurice Richard (Goals): Leon Draisaitl (EDM), Vezina (GK): Jordan Binnington (STL, repeat winner), Hart (regular season MVP): Sidney Crosby (PIT, 3rd after 2007 and 2014)

KHL: CSKA Moskva won in 5, for their third title in a row.
Sweden: Djurgården beat Malmö in 5 games for the title, Frölunda fell to relegation but survived easily.
Switzerland: Lausanne beat Biel in 6 games for their first ever title.
Czechia: Dynamo Pardubice started slowly in the play-offs but swept Olomouc for the title, on the back of goalie Kovář who signed cheaply from the KHL.
Germany: Düsseldorf win in 6 after beating Fischtown Pinguine, who upset Augsburg in the semifinals.

Finland win the World Championship after turning around a 0-2 deficit against Canada in the final, Czechia with Ilves RD Polášek finish 4th. Sweden won their group but then got upset by eventual champions Finland. Norway and Slovenia are relegated, to be replaced by Kazakhstan and Poland.

In my international job in division 2B, I end up 3-2-0 with team Netherlands, one point short of promotion - Taiwan win, so not exactly a great performance.

At the end of the season, Swedish league team Örebro come to me with an offer. They have one of the larger budgets in the SHL, and although they placed dead last this year, they seem to have a solid core that could easily be upgraded by adding a couple of stars. I accept and wish Ilves good luck from here, which costs me some manager points (because of this bug) but oh well.

Retirements: G Craig Anderson (OTT, 40), F Casey Cizikas (NYI, 30), G Corey Crawford (CHI, 36), G Devan Dubnyk (MIN, 35) D Ron Hainsey (OTT, 40), D Niklas Hjalmarsson (ARI, 34), F Ilya Kovalchuk (COL, 38), F David Krejci (BOS, 35), G Andrew Ladd (NYI, 35), F Trevor Lewis (LA, 35), D Matt Niskanen (PHI, 34), F Corey Perry (BUF, 36), G Tuukka Rask (BOS, 34), G Pekka Rinne (NSH, 38), G Mike Smith (WIN, 39), F Eric Staal (MIN, 36), F Travis Zajac (NJ, 36)
Old 12-09-2019, 01:51 PM   #5
Margaret Garlick
Minors (Rookie Ball)

2021/22

NHL Draft #1: F Brennan Othmann (CAN/SUI) joins the Montreal Canadiens. Last year's #1 Lafrenière made the all-rookie team and is a solid 2nd liner already.

July: We sign Lithuanian goalie Mantis Armalis, who projects to be 2nd best in the league, for just $170,000 to a one-year deal. With that shored up on day 1, that frees us up to sign some skaters. First, LW Simon Önerud joins from HV71; he promises to put up good points if he can stay on the ice (he missed most of last season with a knee fracture). RW Sakari Salminen, who left the club to try free agency, also comes back on a 2-year deal, and I also pick up some other Finns: LW Eemeli Suomi, who was Ilves' best player by stars last year, and from the NHL I manage to lure over C Kalle Kossila, who played the whole of last season with the disappointing Coyotes after being traded from Toronto.
Shortly afterwards, winger Anton Wedin signs - a steal 2.5* player at 125k. All in all, our roster is ranked as the league's strongest, which you'd almost expect after almost doubling the payroll and adding 20* in value. Skellefteå also mean business, as they sign NHL regular F Brandon Pirri to a 3-year deal, and Luleå pick up G Marek Langhamer from the KHL. Meanwhile Djurgården pick up Zach Smith from Chicago, meaning they'll probably be the strongest team once they secure a second goalie.
Former Ilves player Matias Maccelli signs with Arizona and is sent to the AHL, where he'll be the star goalscorer for Tucson. At least he's destined for better things than Liiga.

August: 1-0-0. Blockbuster trade in the NHL, the struggling Senators pick up LW Jamie Benn for D Thomas Chabot. The Sens also pick up Henrik Borgström, whose development has stalled a little, from the Panthers. China give C Cory Kane citizenship ahead of the Olympics, strengthening their team - maybe they can pick up an OTL somewhere. We've fallen to 4th in the positional rankings now, and with the backs looking a little thin we sign AHLer Calle Rosén to a pretty expensive but hopefully worth it 3-year deal. Preseason is pretty horrible, but we round it out with a 6-1 win over Rögle to suggest the team is heading in the right direction. I accidentally thought the last game of August was also preseason, but no, it counted for points, and we pick up three points by thrashing Frölunda 6-1.

The Örebro squad. The top eight players are all new signings, pretty good free agency work IMO.
Old 12-13-2019, 05:02 PM   #6
Margaret Garlick
Minors (Rookie Ball)

September: 4-2-3 (3-0 OT). The month opens with the good news that RW Alexander Holtz has been signed by Chicago and therefore won't play for Djurgården. I would expect him to slot in on their second line, he's that good and they're that bad. We dump G Svedberg's massive contract to Skellefteå, getting a transfer fee in return; our first regular-time win comes in the 5th game at Djurgården, and the team follows it up by beating league leaders Malmö Redhawks to go third. A win over HV71 closes out the month, lifting us to 2nd place after 10/52 games.

October: 4-1-2 (1-1 OT). I keep expecting the streak to break and instead it goes to 9 wins in a row (with the help of spome crazy shootout form from Kossila and Suomi). We lose for the first time on the 17th, but still pick up an OT point. The last match is a heavy loss, but we still lead the league one point ahead of Oskarshamn. With this budget and the core I've built up, I'm prepared to stay here until I get an offer from North America.

November: 4-2-1 (1-0 OT). Month starts with a loss to drop to 3rd, then a dramatic five-shot shootout win over 2nd-placed Malmö, without our star center who is somehow playing Karjala Cup despite a sore hamstring. We lose to league leaders Oskarshamn but stay in and around the top after some nice wins to end the month, only kept away by the bizarre form of Malmö's backup goalie Niklas Rubin (1.22 GAA in 14 games). There's now a group of five teams at the top challenging for the regular season title: in addition to the two already mentioned, Linköping and Rögle are only a few points behind.

December: 6-1-1 (0-1 OT). Fairly easy schedule sees us have our best month so far, taking over as sole league leader despite a disappointing OT loss to bottom dwellers Växjö. Oskarshamn and Malmö and are hot on our heels but at the end of the month we open up a gap. With 20 games to go the goal is to avoid injuries - we might start rotating goalies a bit more now and use some of the backups that have had very little game time. C Kossila is named player of the month, but suffers a foot contusion which will probably see him miss the first two games of January.

SHL table at the end of 2021. Good start.
Old 12-18-2019, 02:24 AM   #7
coatnoise
Bat Boy

Excellent read. Look forward too more.
coatnoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2019, 01:21 PM   #8
Margaret Garlick
Minors (Rookie Ball)

2021/22 continues

In the Champions League SaiPa Lappeenranta overcome the odds to take the title, beating an ineffective Malmö 3-1 in the final. The big four leagues of Sweden, Switzerland, Finland and Czechia asserted their dominance, taking up 14 of the 16 playoff spots. Fischtown Pinguine (Germany) and Südtirol Foxes (EBEL) completed the second round - the latter by virtue of a kind draw, though they did again reach the quarter-finals. Three Swedish teams reached the semifinals, yet they still have to wait for an SHL team to take the title; my old team Ilves fell to Genève-Servette in round two.

Canada beat Czechia in the final of the World Juniors, with a pair of good goalies and defender Brandt Clarke as stars. As no NHL team has picked him up yet (he was drafted #4 last season by the Blackhawks) Aatu Räty plays in his third tournament and leads Finland to 4th, with close losses to Canada and Russia in the playoffs. Our back Pihl, loaned to us by Vegas, plays for Sweden without making much of an impact.

In the NHL, Edmonton are in the running for the Presidents' Trophy after RW Jesse Puljujärvi has grown into a first-liner to compliment points leaders McDavid and Draisaitl, while Carolina are in danger of repeating Arizona's Stanley Cup-curse performance of last year.

January: 3-3-1 (1-1 OT). G Armalis starts the month in amazing form recording a streak of 166 minutes without giving up a goal, and also keeps us in the big OT win over Oskarshamn despite letting three in there. Armalis then gets some knee soreness which signifies a tougher period for the club, but junior keeper Kias steps up to the challenge and shuts out Malmö to lead us back to the top. We buy D Lucas Ekeståhl Jonsson from Villach in the Austrian league, he takes a pay cut to join us and should replace Näkyvä nicely on the top line when the Finn leaves on free agency at the end of the season. The month ends with the same three teams, us, Malmö and Oskarshamn tussling at the top of the table.

February: 5-0-1 (0-1 OT). Ekeståhl Jonsson settles in to backpair 3 as we continue to lead the SHL, beating Oskarshamn to knock them out of the race for the regular season title. We take a break for the Olympics with a three-point lead over Malmö with eight games to play, and conclude that we've already qualified for the quarter-finals. Kossila gets called up for Finland and will play on their third line; they have an exciting team led by youngsters Räty and Tolvanen but the favourites seem to be Russia, followed by Czechia and Sweden. After the Olympics, we rack up a shutout win over Malmö and close the month with an 8-point lead.

Beijing 2022 Olympics: USA's mainly college team go through an impressive run, thrashing Canada 8-1 in the semis and then following it up by beating Czechia in the final. Goalie Spencer Knight who has been getting a lot of practice for a trash team in the Quebec junior league finally got something to celebrate, Florida should consider themselves lucky to have him on the books. Kossila's Finland reach the quarterfinals where they don't match up to Canada, but Canada still fail to medal after losing to Russia in the third place play-off.

March: 6-0-0 in our busiest schedule yet. Star defenseman Rosén goes down with a sore knee, but we still stretch our streak of wins to 11 and clinch the regular season title with three games to play, cleaning up our record against relegation-threatened Växjö. We win the league with a 33-9-10 record, the most points by any team since 2018. RW Salminen is third on the points table, contributing both goals (18) and assists (27) while G Armalis ends with a 1.93 GAA and league-leading .938 SV in 43 games.

The final table. Djurgården knock off Leksand in the pre-play-off, so we draw them, a tougher draw than their 10th place in the regular season indicate. Still, we won four from four against them in the league stage, so should be possible.
Old 12-23-2019, 12:38 PM   #9
Margaret Garlick
Minors (Rookie Ball)

SHL Quarterfinals: All favourites win their first two games, then things got interesting. We gambled with dressing injured players and couldn't close out game 4 and 5 while Oskarshamn, Malmö and Rögle all got through unscathed. Then in game 6 we were all over them but could not score, eventually losing 10 minutes into overtime. Game 7 is intense, but the recovering Suomi puts us 2-1 up on the powerplay midway through the 2nd, and another powerplay goal by Näkyvä seals it. Sadly in the dying minutes, LW Önerud goes off with concussion, and might have had his career ended.

Semifinals against Oskarshamn. Without Önerud, I'm unable to come up with a combination that contributes points, and Armalis also lets his standards down with 13 GAA for a save percentage of .885. We crash and burn, are deservedly swept, while Rögle sweep Malmö in the other semifinal series.

Rögle become Swedish champions after beating Oskarshamn in a tense finals series in seven, three of the games go to overtime. Their goalie Petr Kváča came up with a .947 save percentage in the playoffs, to go with the .951 of Oskarshamn goalie Williamsson. I win the GM of the Year and Head Coach of the Year awards.

NHL: Edmonton had the best regular season record, with 58-23-1, while Tampa Bay dominated the West as Andriy Vasilevskiy grew into a top-class goalie, possibly the league's best. Tampa Bay continue to rampage through the play-offs, winning the first ten games, while Edmonton crash out to Chicago. Otherwise the play-offs are surprisingly uneventful, setting up an Lightning-Avalanche (#2 in the West) final. The Avs perhaps have the strongest skating line-up of the NHL right now, and saved Game 6 with an offense fest, but ultimately the goalies made the difference, Tampa Bay's Vasilevskiy being a little most consistent than the Avs' Antoine Bibeau.
Other tidbits: Sidney Crosby reached 1500 points and led Pittsburgh to 5th in the West.

Awards, Art Ross (Pts): Nathan McKinnon (COL, 60 G/60 A), Maurice Richard (Goals): Nathan McKinnon (COL), Vezina (GK): Connor Hellebuyck (WIN), Hart (regular season MVP): Connor McDavid (EDM), Connor Smythe (playoff MVP): Mikko Rantanen (COL, 29 assists in 22 playoff gamSs)

KHL: SKA St. Petersburg, led by G Freddie Andersen who has transferred from Toronto, keeps up the West's dominance by beating Salavat Yulaev Ufa in 6. A tense quarterfinal series with Dinamo Minsk, who knocked off the CSKA juggernaut, was the toughest.
Finland: Jukurit, the newest Liiga club, come from 10th in the regular season to win their first title, sweeping Helsinki IFK in the final.
Switzerland: Bern recover from a few lean years and a regular season 6th place to beat Zürich for the title. Last year's champions Lausanne miss the playoffs.
Czechia: Chaos in the playoffs but it's Mladá Boleslav who take advantage, beating Škoda Plzen in 6 games for the title.
Germany: Augsburger Panther win the title after being thereabouts for a while. They have a lot of players on expiring contracts so could be their last chance.

In international play, Netherlands secure promotion to II-A despite some bugs meaning I can't pick the preferred team. The last match against Israel is a nervy affair, but we take revenge for the U20 team's loss and win 2-1 in OT. With hosts Bulgaria surprisingly going down to New Zealand, we win with a 3-1-1 (1-0 OT) record and 11/15 points, RW Timmermans picking up MVP after contributing 4 goals and 3 assists. Taiwan go straight back down.

Higher up, Norway and Hungary get promoted back to the main World Championship, replacoing Belarus and Poland. Armalis picks up two wins for Lithuania who places 4th in Division I-B, where Croatia are relegated after refusing to give Rendulić ice time. LW Draisaitl leads Germany to third in their group, while a Canada team with McDavid, Crosby, Seguin and Huberdeau go down to USA in the group stage, setting up a quarter-final clash with Germany which they win 10-1. They squeaked through against Finland in overtime before playing USA off the ice to win the title, meanwhile defending champions Finland couldn't keep up the intensity in the third place play-off and lost to Sweden.

Linköping, Luleå and Växjö all appoint new coaches after missing the play-offs.

I'm tempted to extend Bouramman for a small pay rise, and despite the fact I couldn't give him enough ice time at the end of last season I suspect Näkyvä leaving will open things up for him. He's perfectly defensible on the 2nd pairing anyway. I expect to be able to concentrate the signings on a goalscoring winger and a goalie.

Retirements: F Dustin Brown (LAK, 37), F Jeff Carter (LAK, 37) F Sam Gagner (SJS, 32), G Henrik Lundqvist (NYR, 40), F Joe Pavelski (DAL, 37), F Kyle Okposo (LAK, 34), G Cory Schneider (NJ, 36)
Old 12-24-2019, 01:02 PM   #10
croatian
All Star Starter

How Rendulic is doing ?
croatian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2019, 12:00 PM   #11
Margaret Garlick
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by croatian View Post
How Rendulic is doing ?

I'm using him as a 2nd line grinder with Wedin and Kempe, he racked up a good +/- total (+17 and +5 in 11 playoff games) and also contributed 11 G/15 A in 52 games.
Old 01-04-2020, 04:09 PM   #12
Margaret Garlick
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Mainly a preseason update here.

2022/23

The Oilers shift trouble child Puljujärvi to Dallas for the more experienced Adam Lowry in the highest profile trade of the NHL offseason. They also trade off Emil Andrae to the Wild for a 3rd round draft pick. Carolina traded for eight draft picks and are definitely having a firesale. Ottawa are looking to make a competitive team, trading their blue-chip draft pick Gollob for the more finished product pick Kaše. Chicago finally haul Aatu Räty across the Atlantic, meaning they'll have cost-controlled production out of him and Alex Holtz.

I again approach goalies on the first day and get some attractive bites; 25-year-old Adam Werner with AHL experience, 3 stars and was decent for Frölunda last year and who is willing to come for a very attractive salary. Also sign 30-year-old Johan Gustafsson who was excellent for Zug in Switzerland, he's only 2.5 stars but good enough for backup duty. I take another gamble on Russian VHL (2nd-tier) level player Denis Gorbunov to do a job as 2nd-line playmaker. We sell RW Salminen to Färjestad for quite significant cash, as I suspect he's about to fall off a cliff, and we pick up Slovak stalwart winger Tomáš Jurčo on a free transfer after he's been bouncing around doing very well.

The final signing is an unscouted gamble, Rafaël Harvey-Pinard, but with 74 NHL games at 23 I really have to take that opportunity. He does get hit with an adjustment penalty, despite having a fellow Quebecois on the team, so I think he might have to start the season on the third line. Finally we sign LW Nikola Pašić, a temperamental youngster who failed to settle down on the NJ Devils roster, for development purposes. Top-to-bottom I thought the squad doesn't really have any holes this year

Elsewhere in Sweden, Färjestad really dig deep to sign players, but fail to shell out for a goalie matching their ambitions.
Champions Hockey League: We draw a pretty tough group with old friends Ilves, Škoda Plzeň and HK Zvolen, the upset Slovak champions. New goalie Werner really struggles, then somehow signs for Colorado and I nearly ragequit. For some reason goalies absolutely refuse to sign for my team to replace them, but eventually I manage to buy a 2.5* Swede Gunnarsson who has been playing in Germany.

September: 1-2-3 (2-1 OT). Very slow start, really struggle to get the new lines working together. Not quite sure how to work the patched lineup system, spent an hour working out the lines. At least our GD is +4 and we're top of the positional rankings so I take this as a minor blip.

Squad as of October 2:

Old 01-20-2020, 07:06 PM   #13
G-Force
All Star Starter

Keep it up, enjoying the read

GH

Check out my Dynasty Threads

The Alltime Hockey Association
The Alltime Baseball League
Austin James: Playing For His Life (a Vietnam-era baseball drama)
The Pastime Boxing Association
G-Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 01:19 PM   #14
Margaret Garlick
Minors (Rookie Ball)

started a new job, so FHM time cut down for a bit. teaser for next ep, thankfully 10/14 teams reach the playoffs in Sweden