Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - In-Game Text and PbP Commentary

Old 07-08-2018, 10:23 AM   #1
cheo25
All Star Reserve

Historical player PA intros

Player PA intros from the 1970s/80s

I have not been the biggest fan of player walk-up music once it progressed past the Cardinals organist in the '80s playing Star Wars when Ken Oberkfell (Obi-Wan Kenobi) came to the plate. It's quickly turned into each player's stereo system, and most of the current players' taste in music stinks.

But I've always loved PA intros and the walk-up music feature in OOTP allows for walk-up music or, better yet, PA intros. The link above contains 153 player intros recorded from various World Series, All-Star and LCS games. The players are from the time period that begins in 1971 to my current season of my dynasty, 1979. All of these guys have played at least a game between that time period. The voices on these PA intros are mainly Bob Sheppard of the Yankees and John Ramsey of the Dodgers. But I discovered a couple of YouTube games the other night that have the late J. Fred Duckett from the Astrodome, and he is my all-time favorite. So as I add players, you may hear his voice more. Other voices include Dan Baker of the Phillies, Rex Barney of the Orioles, Bob Casey of the Twins, Gary Spinell of the 1979 Mariners, Murray Eldon of the Blue Jays and 1970s-90s PA voices from Cincinnati, Cleveland, Detroit, Milwaukee (this guy butchered several names in the 1975 ASG), Montreal, San Francisco and the Chicago White Sox (may have been Wayne Messmer, the Cubs PA announcer at the time, doing the 1983 ASG).

As my dynasty progresses, I will add more players to this link. I am also going to test whether a player can have multiple PA intros. That way, I don't have to make a choice between two or three of my favorite PA voices.

Other things to note:
  • The sound quality is mixed. Some of that depends on the audio quality of the YouTube video. And some of it depends on my own lack of true expertise with Audacity. I know enough to get the job done, but I am by no means an audio wizard.
  • My editing of these clips is also mixed. At first, I let a PA announcer (in most cases from an All-Star Game) give a full description of the player. But I'm starting to lean more to clipping everything but just his team name, jersey number (if applicable) and name.
  • The intros usually only kick in for the home team. The exception seems to be if the visiting pitcher has an intro and is making his first appearance in that day's game, but the upcoming batter does not have an intro.
  • The intros are sporadic for when they play. If there are men on base and it's a rally situation, you may get rally music instead of the intro.
  • Make sure you don't have OOTP loaded when you put these files in your Sounds folder. The game appears not to recognize the files until it does a full relaunch of the game.

Hope you enjoy.

Last edited by cheo25; 07-09-2018 at 12:31 PM.
cheo25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 11:29 PM   #2
jerryb1961
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheo25 View Post
Player PA intros from the 1970s/80s

and most of the current players' taste in music stinks.

You can say that again!
jerryb1961 is offline   Reply With Quote