Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - In-Game Text and PbP Commentary

Old 01-04-2011, 04:53 AM   #1
albatross11
All Star Reserve

Owners dying

Is there a way to "tone down" the owner dying stories? It seems to happen every off season. Also, the selling of the franchises.

albatross
albatross11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 11:14 AM   #2
Green & Gold Heart
Hall Of Famer

I don't know how to tone down the owners dying, but you can prevent the other stuff by going to OOTP --> Game Setup --> League Setup --> Options and unchecking boxes under "Enable automatic evolution of the league."
Green & Gold Heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 01:11 PM   #3
albatross11
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green & Gold Heart View Post
I don't know how to tone down the owners dying, but you can prevent the other stuff by going to OOTP --> Game Setup --> League Setup --> Options and unchecking boxes under "Enable automatic evolution of the league."

Thanks for your response. I always disable the league evolving option anyway. Still, every off-season, a franchise is sold or an owner dies (and a son takes over). Of course, it doesn't affect the game play that much; just seems odd.

albatross
albatross11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 02:51 PM   #4
HerbD
All Star Reserve

you can edit the owner ages so they are not all that old. Won't stop them from selling the team but should tone down owner deaths if you make them all different ages.
HerbD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 03:29 PM   #5
Chicagofan76
Banned

Infractions: 2/2 (3)
George Steinbrenner owner of the New York Giants died in 2005 5 yrs before real life...I had Hank take over.....but Chris Cross Sr forgot which team he owns Phoenix Coyotes I think. was only 44 when he died. His son CC jr was 26 when he took over.

Personally i like the fact that owners die off on a regular basis and the fact that teams sell off...I created Nolan Ryan as the owner of the Rangers in 2003 he sold the team prior to 2005 which made sense since he also pitches for them.
Chicagofan76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 11:32 AM   #6
Rockeo
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbD View Post
you can edit the owner ages so they are not all that old. Won't stop them from selling the team but should tone down owner deaths if you make them all different ages.
Yeah thats what I do, plus it adds a lil flavor to it. I like how the personas change. The Nat's owner just died in my 2012 season prob because he now sees how much he spent for Jason Werth
Rockeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 05:30 PM   #7
zanysteve
Bat Boy

In my demo version ,I edited my Dad as an owner into a created league and he died after the first season
zanysteve is offline   Reply With Quote