Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Dynasty Reports
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP Dynasty Reports Tell us about the OOTP dynasties you have built!

Old 07-25-2017, 09:52 PM   #101
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

June 28th, 1985

The Astros are in town and they are pitching Dick Ruthven (2-4, 4.71). I have never faced him.

The Giants are going with Atlee Hammaker (5-7, 3.60)

Houston is two games behind us in the standings. We win 2 out of 3 from them earlier this season.

I led off the bottom of the 1st and my first appearance vs Ruthven ended in a strikeout.

I got a big chance in the 3rd when I came up with one out and Kenny Smith on 3rd and John Castino on 2nd. He struck me out again. Thankfully Kenny Oberkfell did better and singled them both home.

Giants up 2-0!

Next time up was in the 5th, with two out and Castino on 2nd. I grounded weakly to Ruthven to end the inning.

I made my first defensive play in the 7th, starting a Priske / Castino / Deer double play to get Dickie Thon and Chuck Jackson out.

Atlee ran out of gas in the 8th and then replaced him with Ron Davis (and Sixto Lezcano took over for Terry Harper in right in a double switch.) There was two out and Terry Puhl on 2nd. Davis walked Jose Cruz and then gave up a single to Doug DeCinces, erasing the shut out. He then walked Keith Hernandez, loading the bases... and then Ron Hassey to tie the game! Ron hasn't gotten an out yet! He then struck out Thon but the damage was done.

Game tied 2-2.

That was it for me, too. Nestor lifted me for Chris Brown in the 8th.

In the end it was Castino scoring Tom O'Malley from 2nd with a walk-off RBI single and a 3-2 win.

We are back to .500. 36-36

It was a woeful game for me, though.

````````````````````````````````````````

rpriske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 10:27 PM   #102
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

June 29th, 1985

Today the Astros are going with Bob Knepper (4-9, 3.90).
The Giants are using Colin Ward (4-2, 2.70).

I have gone 1 for 3 vs Knepper.

We fell behind early as Doug DeCinces hit a two-run homer in the top of the 1st.

Astros lead 2-0.

I led off the bottom of the 1st by grounding out to DeCinces at 3rd.

In the 2nd I was the keystone on an Oberkfell / Priske / Deer double play getting Dickie Thon and Chuck Jackson.

In the bottom half the game as squared up as Bob Brnely reached on error and then Terry Harper hit one out.
I came up with Kenny O. on 2nd and two out and I struck out.

Game tied 2-2.

In the 4th I got the 1st out, getting DeCinces at 2nd on a Keith Hernandez fielder's choice. I then got the 2nd out on a Ron Hassey grounder.

In the bottom frame Brenly got us the lead with a solo shot to lead off.
I came up with Kenny O on 2nd and two out. I grounded out to DeCinces.

Giants lead 3-2.

I handled the 3rd out in the 5th, taking a Bill Doran grounder.

In the 7th Ward reached his end as Nestor brought it Mark Davis (and Sixto Lezcano for Jeff Leonard din left in a double switch).

In the bottom half I was lifted for a pinch hitter.

We ended up winning 5-3.

I need to get my bat going. At what point does Nestor leave me out of the line-up (or move me down in the order)?

We are now 37-36, tied in 3rd in the NL West, 6 games back of the Dodgers, 5 behind the Reds, and tied with the Padres.

After the game Frank Williams was activated from the D.L. and Bill Laskey was sent to Phoenix.

Old 07-28-2017, 10:27 PM   #103
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

June 30th, 1985

The Astros are pitching Mike Scott (3-8, 3.98).
The Giants are using Jeff Robinson (4-7, 4.75).

I have never faced Scott.

I led off the bottom of the 1st with Scott striking me out.

I go the 3rd out in the 3rd with a grounder by Jerry Mumphrey.

I came up that inning with one out and Fran Mullins on 3rd. This time Scott walked me on 4 pitches. With Kenny Oberkfell up I went for stolen base #50... but it was on pitch out and I was gunned down. We didn't get Fran across.

In the 4th Bob Brenly hit a solo shot to put us on the board.

Giants lead 1-0.

In the 5th I took a grounder from Scott for the 3rd out.

I led off the bottom half by smacking a double down the right field line.
I then got that elusive 50th stolen bag by swiping 3rd. I then scored when Jose Cruz dropped Kenny O's fly ball to left. (It would have been a sac anyway.) Later Kenny O scored on a Rob Deer grounder, Chili Davis scored on a Brenly single and he scored on a Fran Mullins single.

Giants lead 5-0!

The Astros got on the board in the 6th as Cruz tripled and scored on a wild pitch by Robinson. I ended the inning taking a grounder by DeCinces.

Giants up 5-1.

I led off the bottom half by grounding out to Keith Hernandez at 1st.

Frank Williams came in to pitch in the 7th. I got him the 3rd out by snagging a liner by Chuck Jackson.

I came up in the 8th with one out and now facing Jeff Calhoun. I hit what looked like a single to centre but Jackson trapped it and they called in a catch. Bull.

Mark Davis took over in the 9th. 3-up, 3-down and we had the win.

38-36. Four wins in a row.

I went 1 for 4 with a double, stolen base, and a run scored.

Old 07-28-2017, 10:28 PM   #104
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

June 30th, 1985

2nd game of a double header.
The Astros are pitching Ray Burris and the Giants have Terry Mulholland.

I led off the bottom of the 1st by picking up an infield single. I moved to 2nd when Kenny Oberkfell walked. I stole 3rd and then scored on a Chili Davis sac fly.

Giants lead 1-0.

I came up in the 3rd with one out and grounded out.

In the 4th Chili Davis hit a solo homer.

Giants lead 2-0.

In the 5th I came up with Mulholland on 2nd and two out. I walked but nothing more came of it.

The Astros got on the board on the 6th when Jose Cruz homered.

Giants up 2-1.

In the 8th I walked again. I moved to 2nd on a ground out and then stole 3rd again.

We won 2-1, making us 39-36 and winners of 5 in a row.

Old 07-28-2017, 10:28 PM   #105
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

July 1st, 1985

The Braves are in town and pitching Rick Mahler. The Giants are going with Mike Krukow.

I am 0 for 3 vs Mahler.

I got the 3rd out in the opening frame, taking a grounder from Ron Cey.

I led off the bottom half by flying out to Reggie Jackson in right.

Jackson scored in the 2nd on a passed ball by Bob Brenly. I got the 3rd out again, on a grounder by Paul Runge.

Braves lead 1-0.

I got the 3rd out for the 3rd straight inning on a grounder by Gerald Perry.

John Castino tied thing sup with a homer in the bottom half. I came up with one out and grounded to Runge at 2nd.

Game tied 1-1.

In the 4th Terry Harper hit a massive three-run home run blast! We also scored another on a Jeff Leonard RBI single.

Giant lead 5-1!

I led off the bottom of the 5th, now facing Steve Bedrosian, by legging out an infield single. I was erased on a fielder's choice by Kenny Oberkfell but took out Runge to avoid the double play.

Krukow ran out of steam in the 6th (after striking out TEN) and was lifted for Pat Perry. He pitched one and then Curt Brown came in for the 7th.
We helped him out with a Castino / Priske / Deer double play, getting Bruce Benedict and Runge.

I led of the bottom half, now facing Jeff Dedmon, with my second infield hit! I picked up stolen base #53 without Benedict even making a throw. They then walked Kenny O intentionally. After Kenny Smith struck out I picked up stolen base #54, taking 3rd. Deer ground out and though I crossed, the Braves turned the double play to end the inning.

The Braves jammed the bases in the 8th and scored one on a grounder as we got the 2nd out. Benedict grounded out to me to end it.

Giants still lead 5-2.

In the bottom half we got it back when Castino knocked Jeff Leonard home with a single.

Giants up 6-2.

Scott Garrelts came in to pitch the 9th. He did the job and we won our 6th consecutive game!

40-36!

I went 2 for 4 with two stolen bases!

Last edited by rpriske; 07-30-2017 at 04:12 PM.
Old 07-30-2017, 04:31 PM   #106
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

July 2nd, 1985

We have won six in a row and the last place Braves are still in town. We want this one.

The Braves are going with a big name though... Jim Palmer (2-5, 5.81)
The Giants are using Atlee Hammaker (5-7, 3.43)

None of us have ever faced Palmer.

Atlee got into trouble in the 1st, loading the bases and giving up a 2-run single to Rafael Ramirez.

Braves lead 2-0.

I led off the bottom half by hitting Palmer's 2nd pitch into the right field corner and legging out a triple! I scored on a Ken Oberkfell ground out. Rob Deer hi ta game tying solo homer that inning as well.

Game tied 2-2.

In the 2nd I came up with two out and Kenny Smith on 1st. I grounded out to Paul Runge at 2nd.

I made my first defensive play in the 3rd, snagging a Ron Cey liner for the 2nd out. Great play.

We tore it open that inning with Kenny O leading off with a single. Chili Davis followed with another and an error by Brad Komminsk in left put them on 2nd and 3rd. Deer popped up and then Jeff Leonard walked to load them up. Terry Harper then singled, scoring Kenny O and Chili. Jeff Leonard was thrown out stealing. (Who does he think he is? Me?) Kenny Smith singled, scoring Harper. John Castino singled, moving Smith to 3rd who then scored on a passed ball before Atlee grounded out to end things.

Giants lead 6-2!

I led off the bottom of the 4th by grounding out to Runge again.

Frank Williams relieved Atlee in the 6th.

I came up that inning with two out and Smith on 2nd, now facing Ed Vande Berg. I grounded out to Rage for the 3rd straight time.

I handled the 2nd out in the 8th, taking a grounder from Cey.

In the bottom half Kenny Smith doubled and then scored on a Castino single.

Giants lead 7-2!

Ron Smith came in to handle the 9th. He gave up a lead-off single but got the next three and we have won seven in a row!

I went 1 for 4 with a run scored and a triple!

Tomorrow is travel day and then we are in Chicago for a 4th of July game!

(Not as big a deal for me, being Canadian, but it should be fun...)

Old 08-02-2017, 06:36 AM   #107
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

July 4th, 1985

It is the 4th of July and we are in Chicago. Hopefully we can provide the fireworks.

The Cubs are using a rookie who only lasted 2 innings in his first start - Drew Hall (0-1, 27.00)
We are going with a rookie who has done quite a bit better - Colin Ward (5-2, 2.72)

We have won 7 in a row. The Cubs have lost 8 in a row.

I led off and Hall struck me out.

In the 3rd I came up with two out and Chris Brown on 2nd. I flew out to Warren Cromartie in right.

We opened the scoring in the 4th. Terry Harper knocked in both Rob Deer and Bob Brenly with a double.

Giants lead 2-0

I made my first defensive play that inning, taking a grounder from Jody Davis for the 2nd out.

I cam cup in the 5th with two out and nobody on. I outran a grounder to Leon Durham at 1st for a single. I then picked up stolen base #55 AND #56. I was stranded at 3rd.

In the 6th I got Ryne Sandberg at 2nd on a Durham fielder's choice.

Mark Davis took over pitching duties for the Giants in the 7th.

I led off the 8th, now facing Al Holland. I lined out to Cromartie in right.

The Cubs got on the board that inning when Bob Dernier scored Dan Rohn with a double.

Giants lead 2-1.

Ron Davis came in to close things out in the 9th. He gave up a 2-out single but that was all and we have now won 8 in a row.

Giants win 2-1!

I went 1 for 4 with a pair of stolen bases.

42-36!

We trail the Dodgers by 3.5 games and the Reds by 2.5

After the game the organization made a change, calling Mike Aldrete back up from Phoenix and sending Terry Harper down.

Last edited by rpriske; 08-02-2017 at 06:38 AM.
Old 08-05-2017, 02:52 PM   #108
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

July 5th, 1986

Still in Chicago and the Giants are going with Jeff Robinson (5-7, 4.53)
The Cubs are answering with Chuck Rainey (7-5, 3.43)

I have gone 2 for 3 against Rainey.

Let's go for 9 in a row.

I lead off the game by sneaking a grounder through the infield into right for a single. I quickly grab stolen base #57. Kenny Oberkfell then lays down a sac bunt, moving me to 3rd. Rainey walks Chili Davis. Bob Brenly grounds into a double play and I am stranded.

In the 2nd John Castino hit a solo homer to put us up.

Giants lead 1-0.

I got my first defensive play on the bottom half, taking a grounder from Leon Durham for the 1st out.

I came up in the 3rd with one out and nobody on. I grounded out to Ryne Sandberg at 2nd. After that Kenny O walked, Chili singled, and Brenly hit a three-run dinger.

Giants up 4-0!

I lead off the 5th by flying out to Bob Dernier in deep centre.

In the bottom half I took a Garry Templeton grounder for the 1st out.

In the 6th we got out 3rd homer - a solo shot by Tom O'Malley!

Giants up 5-0!

In the 7th I came up with one out and nobody on, now facing Ray Soff. He struck me out.

In the bottom half Robinson allowed the first 3 Cubs to reach so Nestor gave him the hook and brought in Mark Davis with the bases loaded. He struck out Templeton and then got Shawon Dunston, but Sandberg scored on the sac fly. Warren Cromartie grounded out to me and we got out of it with only one run allowed.

Giants lead 5-1.

I also got the 1st out in the bottom of the 8th, handling a grounder from pinch hitter Dave Valle.

Scott Garrelts took the mound to try and end things for us in the 9th. Jody Davis popped out to me for the 2nd out.

We won 5-1 for our 9th straight victory!

I went 1 for 4 with a stolen base.

We are 43-36

Old 08-08-2017, 06:50 AM   #109
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

July 6th, 1985

Still in Chicago. The Cubs are throwing Bob Owchinko at us (2-9, 5.29).
The Giants are answering with Mike Krukow (9-6, 5.29).

Time to put our winning streak into double digits. The Cubs have lost 10 in a row.

I have gone 0 for 3 against Owchinko.

I led off the game by getting my first hit against him - a single into centre. Then came stolen base #58. I moved to 3rd and Jeff Leonard reached on an error by third baseman Shawon Dunston. After Chili Davis popped up Rob Deer walked, to load the bases. Bob Brenly singled and I scored. Kenny Oberkfell singled to score Leonard.

Giants lead 2-0.

The Cubs cut the lead in half on a Leon Durham RBI single in the bottom half. Then Garry Templeton tied it up with the same.

Game tied 2-2.

In the 2nd I came up with none out and Krukow on 1st. I hit into a fielder's choice. I made the most of it, picking up stolen base #59. Leonard walked. I then stole 3rd for #60. I got us the lead back off a Chili sac fly.

Giants lead 3-2.

Bob Brenlys cored off a Fran Mullins double in the 3rd. With two out and Mullins on 2nd I lined out to 2nd.

Giants lead 4-2.

I made my first defensive play in the bottom half, taking a Ryne Sandberg grounder for the 2nd out.

In the 4th Jeff Leonard scored on a Brenly sac fly.

Giants lead 5-2.

I got the 1st out in the bottom half, handling a grounder by Jody Davis. The Cubs got one back that inning as Warren Cromartie singled to score Templeton.

Giants up 5-3.

In the 5th I came up with Mike Aldrete on 2nd and two out. I grounded out to Sandberg at 1st.

In the bottom half Davis singled, scoring Sandberg. Leon Durham scored on a wild pitch, tying the game. Templeton scored on a Dunston single.

Cubs lead 6-5.

Frank Williams took over not he mound for us in the 6th.

I came up in the 8th with one out and Fran Mullins on 3rd. I grounded out to Durham at 1st, unable to score Mullins.

Scott Garrelts came in to pitch for us.

In the top of the 9th Kenny Oberkfell singled, scoring Deer to tie the game!

Game tied 6-6.

Curt Brown came in to pitch the 9th. He did the job and we were off to extras!

I was set to lead off the 10th but Nestor lifted me for John Castino.

We ended up exploding for 6 runs in the 13th, winning 12-6.

We picked up out 10th win in a row!

I went 1 for 5 before being lifted for Castino. I also stole 3 bags and scored two runs.

We are 44-36.

We are 2.5 games back of the Dodgers and 1.5 back of the Reds.

Old 08-12-2017, 07:26 AM   #110
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

July 7th, 1985

Our fourth day in Chicago and the Cubs are pitching Darryl Banks (4-3, 3.33). The Giants are going with Atlee Hammaker (6-7, 3.44)

I have gone 0 for 3 vs Banks. We have won 10 in a row.

I lead off by grounding out to Ryne Sandberg at 2nd.

In the bottom half Marvell Wynne hit a ball that was ruled a single that went off my glove. I should have had it.

In the 2nd I grabbed the 3rd out of a grounder by Warren Cromartie.

In the 3rd I came up with one out and the bases empty. I blasted one into the right field corner and sprinted around the bases for a triple! Kenny Oberkfell grounded out but I scored.

Giants lead 1-0!

In the 4th Bob Brenly smoked a two-run homer!

Giants up 3-0!

In the bottom half we saved a run when I started a Priske - Castino - Aldrete double play to get Sandberg and Shawon Dunston to end the inning with Wynne standing on 3rd.

I led off the 5th by flying out to Cromartie in right.

Brenly was at it again as he smashed a THREE run homer that inning!

Giants lead 6-0!

In the bottom half Dave Valle led off with a solo homer for the Cubs. Then Cromartie grounded out to me. Then Garry Templeton did the same.

Giants up 6-1.

In the 6th I came up with one out and Mike Aldrete on 3rd and John Castino on 1st, and now facing Dickie Noles. I hit into to Sandberg and into a double play.

In the 7th a couple of errors led to a couple of Chicago runs.

Giants lead 6-3.

In the 8th I came up with two out and Sixto Lezcano on 3rd. The Cubs had Dennis Lamp on the mound. I grounded out to Sandberg for the 3rd time.

Scott Garrelts took over pitchman duties for us that inning. He got through the 8th but the Cub loaded the bases on the 9th and Nestor went to Mark Davis with two outs. He got Wynne to pop up to me and we had won our 11th straight game!

We are 45-36!

I went 1 for 5 with a triple and a run scored.

The Reds and Dodgers are tis atop the NL West and we are only 1.5 games behind them.

Tomorrow we are going to St.Louis!

Old 08-14-2017, 06:38 AM   #111
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

July 8th, 1985

In St. Louis to take on the Cardinals.

They are going with Rich Gale (4-6, 3.96). We are answering with Terry Mulholland (6-6, 5.78).

I am 1 for 3 against Gale.

We have won 11 in a row.

I start the game off right, singling through the left side. Stolen base #61 soon followed. I was stranded at 2nd.

The Cards got onto board in the bottom half. They loaded the bases with one out and then Tom Herr scored on a Phil Garner sac fly.

Cardinals lead 1-0.

I got the first out in the 2nd, grabbing a pop up by Juan Beniquez.

I came up in the 3rd with two out and nobody on. I doubled to deep centre. I was left on 2nd again.

The Cards scored again int eh 4th as Terry Pendleton reached 2nd on a throwing error by Ken Oberkfell and scored on a single by Beniquez.

Cardinals lead 2-0.

In the 5th I came up with two out and John Castino and Ken Smith in scoring positions. I got my 3rd straight hit as I singled to right, scoring both runners and tying the game! I then stole base #62. I tried to score from 2nd on a Kenny O single, but Vince Coleman made a perfect throw to gun me down.

Game tied 2-2.

In the 7th we grabbed the lead as Kenny Smith put a pitch into the right field bleachers for a two-run blast! I came up with the bases empty and one out and pupped up to Herr at 2nd.

Giants up 4-2!

I got the 1st out int he bottom half, taking a pop up from John Wockenfuss. Mark Davis took over pitching duties with two out that inning.
Herr singled, scoring inherited runner Darrel Thomas from 3rd. Herr scored on a Willie McGee double, tying the game.

Game tied 4-4.

In the 5th Chris Brown came in as pinch hitter and doubled before scoring on a Jeff Leonard single.

Giants lead 5-4!

I got the 3rd out in the bottom half, snagging a grounder by Wockenfuss.

I came up in the 9th with none out, Kenny Smith on 2nd and Sixto Lezcano on 1st. I flew out to Andy Van Slyke in right. Kenny O singled, scoring Smith.

Giants lead 6-4!

Ron Davis came in the close things out. Three batters later, he had none just that.

We have win TWELVE in a row!

I went 3 for 5 with 2 RBI and 2 stolen bases!

Old 08-17-2017, 10:34 PM   #112
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

July 9th, 1985

We have an interesting match-up in St.Louis today as the Cards go with Dave LaPoint (4-7, 2.79) and the Giants answer with Colin Ward (6-2, 2.39). A pair of hot shot young pitchers, though Ward struggled against the Cardinals last time out.

I am 0 for 7 vs LaPoint.

I led off the game by continuing that 0-fer. LaPoint struck me out.

Ward struggled in the 1st, walking FOUR in a row before I started a Priske - Castino - Aldrete double play to end the inning.

Cardinals lead 1-0.

I came up in the 2nd with John Castino on 2nd and two out. He struck me out again.

I got the 1st out in the bottom half of the 3rd, handling a Tom Herr grounder. Willie McGee hit an RBI double, scoring Vince Coleman. Then Andy Van Slyke knocked him home with a single. We turn another P-C-A double play to end it but...

Cardinals lead 3-0.

In the 5th I came up wont one out and Mike Aldrete on 3rd. He struck me out again. What the hell.

I took another rHerr grounder for the 3rd out that inning.

In the 6th we finally got on the board when Rob Deer pushed Chili Davis across.

Cards lead 3-1.

Frank williams took the mound for us that inning, also bringing in Sixto Lezcano for Jeff Leonard in a double switch.

I led off the 8th, now facing Jeff Lahti. I did little better against him, grounding out to Herr... but he flubbed it! Safe on an error! Tom O'Malley pinch hit for Williams and grounded out, but I moved up to 2nd. Chili single to centre and I scampered home! Bob Brenly ended up cashing in Chili so...

Game tied 3-3!

Scott Garrelts took over mound duties for us. He walked Oddibe McDowell but I erased him on a Coleman fielder's choice.

Then the worst happened. We got the 2nd out before Coleman moved to 3rd on a McGee single. Then Van Slyke grounded out to me... and I threw it away. Error #16.

Cards lead 4-3 and if we can't score in the 9th, the loss is on my head.

3 up. 3 down. Our winning streak comes to an end because of my error.

Old 08-20-2017, 09:44 PM   #113
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

July 10th, 1985

I am still really wearing yesterday's loss. The guys are being supportive but I know that it was my fault we lost.

Today we have Jeff Robinson (6-7, 4.34) pitching.

The Cardinals have Danny Cox (7-6, 3.69). I have gone 2 for 4 against Cox. I really need a big game.

Neither pitcher has pitched well against the other team.

I led off the game by watching a strike three call.

Rob Deer knocked in Kenny Oberkfell.

Giants up 1-0.

In the 2nd the Cards got it back when Phil Garner singled home Andy Van Slyke.

Game tied 1-1.

I came up in the 3rd with one out and nobody on. I grounded out to Juan Beniquez at 1st.

Terry Pendleton led off the bottom of the 4th with a solo homer. I took the 1st out, handling a Garner grounder.

Cardinals lead 2-1.

I came up in the 5th with two out and Tom O'Malley on 3rd and John Castino on 2nd. Here is my chance.

I grounded out to Beniquez again.

Curt Bowen took over for Robinson with two out in the 5th. He couldn't stop the inherited run from scoring as Willie McGee singled Tom Herr home.

Cardinals lead 3-1.

They got another in the 6th when Beniquez singled Garner home.

Cardinals lead 4-1.

I came up in the 8th with none out and pinch-hitter Chris Brown on 1st. Cox drilled me. Honestly, the way things have been going, I will take it.
I didn't;t last, though, as Kenny O hit into a double play.

Frank William took over on the mound for us that inning. He got the first two out but then allowed two runners who were both sent home by an Oddibe McDowell double.

Cardinals lead 6-1.

Jeff Leonard hit a solo homer in the 9th but that was all we could do.

St.Louis won 6-2.

We are now 46-38.

Possible interesting thing... after the game it was announced that the organization had signed Mike Hargrove to a minor league contract. This guy is an 11 year vet who signed a one year contract with the Tigers and was then released.

Tomorrow we are in Pittsburgh. I really need to get out of this funk.

Last edited by rpriske; 08-20-2017 at 09:46 PM.
Old 08-23-2017, 10:37 PM   #114
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

July 11th, 1985

In Pittsburgh. The Pirates are pitching John Candelaria (9-3, 1.92). The Giants are answering with Mike Krukow (9-6, 3.25).

Candelaria is tough. I have gone 0 for 4 against him. I need that to change.

I don't, though. I fly out to Joe Orsulak in right to lead off.

Orsulak hurts us in their half too, hitting an RBI double that scores Denny Gonzalez.

Pirates are up 1-0.

I got the 2n out in the 2nd, taking an Ozzie Smith grounder to get Bobby Miscik at 2nd.

I came up in the 3rd with two out and Fran Mullins on 2nd. I grounded out to Miscik at 2nd.

In the bottom half Fred Lynn parked a Krukow pitch over the right field wall for a two-run dinger. It gets worse as Krukow loads the bases and then walks Ozzie Smith for a run. Gonzalez grounded out to me to end the threat.

Pirates lead 4-0.

In the 4th I keystoned a Krukow - Priske - Aldrete double play to get Tony Pena and Steve Kemp to end the inning.

I got the first out in the 5th off a Tim Tolman grounder.

I came up in the 6th with one out and nobody on. I finally got my first hit against Candelaria, singling up the middle. Unfortunately Jeff Leonard hit into a double play right behind me.

In the bottom half Orsulak got to us again, singling home Gonzalez. That was it for Krukow as Nestor went with Curt Brown. Pena pushed Orsulak across. We ended it with a Mullins - Priske - Aldrete double play to get Pena and Kemp.

Pirates lead 6-0.

In the 7th Rob Deer hit a solo homer to put us not he board.

Pirates up 6-1.

In the bottom half Ozzie Smith scores Tolman with an R|BI double.

Pirates lead 7-1.

Pat Perry comes in to pitch in the 8th after Brown was lifted for a pinch hitter. He fares no better as Orsulak scored on a Pena ground-out and Lynn scores on a Kemp single.

Pirates lead 9-1.

I lead off the 9th and I hit a double into deep centre. I move up to 3rd on a one out single by Chili Davis and then score on a two out double by Bob Brenly. Kenny Oberkfell pushes both of them across but that is as far as it goes and we lose 9-4 to the Pirates.

I went 2 for 4 with a run scored. That is not nothing, but we needed the win.

After the game Mike Jones was called up from Phoenix and Eddie Vargas was designated for assignment. Eddie had been doing some pinch hit duty, but he is hitting as well as I have been.

I like Mike Jones, though. He got five at-bats last year (with no hits), but is still basically a rookie like me.

Last edited by rpriske; 08-26-2017 at 11:12 AM.
Old 08-26-2017, 11:29 AM   #115
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

July 12th, 1985

The Pirates are pitching Rick Rhoden (7-4, 3.20).
We have Atlee Hammaker (7-7, 3.32).

Fairy evenly matched.

I have gone 2 for 4 against Rhoden. Let's keep that up.

He walked me on five pitches without me ever swinging the bat. After Kenny Oberkfell flew out I tried to steal but they pitched-out and caught me dead to rights.

After whiffing on my chance on the top half, I did it again in the bottom half. Kirk Gibson grounded out to me on what would have been the 3rd out. I fumbled the ball for my 17th error. That led to an unearned run.

Pirates lead 1-0.

When I led off the 4th I had still been the only Giant baserunner. Turns out I was also our first hit as I singled past Ozzie Smith at short. With two out I tried running again and once again they pitched out. Am I tipping something? This time I was in there anyway. Stolen base #63. The rest of the story isn't so good as I tried to score on a Rob Deer single and Fred Lynn gunned me down from centre.

What is going on?

Johnny Ray grounded out to me for the 2nd out in the bottom half.

I came up in the 6th with one out and Atlee on 1st. Rhoden struck me out.

I made the 3rd out in the bottom half on a Robin Yount grounder.

I got Ray again for the 2nd out in the 7th. I also got Tim Tolman for the 3rd out after Lynn doubled.

I was due up 2nd in the 9th but Nestor lifted me for Sixto Lezcano. We couldn't get it done and lost 1-0.

We really didn't support Atlee who pitched a hell of a game.

46-40

I went 1 for 2 so I guess I am still .500 against Rhoden.

Old 08-28-2017, 10:26 AM   #116
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

July 13th, 1985

The Pirates are pitching Jose DeLeon (5-7, 3.26).
We are going with Terry Mulholland (6-6, 5.54).

I have gone 2 for 4 against DeLeon. Another good one for me (small sample size permitting.)

I led off the game by taking a walk from DeLeon. I quickly grabbed stolen base #64 and then advanced to 3rd on a ground out by Kenny Oberkfell. Chili Davis singled, I crossed, and we had the early lead.

Giants up 1-0.

I came up in the 3rd with one out and John Castino on 2nd. I grounded out but at least made it productive, moving John up a bag. Unfortunately he was left there.

I made my first defensive play that inning, taking DeLeon's grounder for the 3rd out.

In the 4th Rob Deer and Bob Brenly hit back-to-back homers! I came up with two out and Mike Aldrete on 3rd and Castino on 2nd, but I flew out.

Giants lead 3-0!

In the bottom half Robin Yount responded with his own solo shot.

Giants lead 3-1.

In the 5th Fred Lynn tied the game with a two-run homer.

Game tied 3-3.

I was lifted for Sixto Lezcano in the 7th.

I think I am really lucky that the team does not have a better choice for short. I do not have the faith of my manager at all.

We lost 4-3.

46-41

We have lost 5 in a row.

Old 08-28-2017, 10:48 AM   #117
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

July 14th, 1985

Today the Pirates are using John Tudor (4-8, 3.92)
The Giants have Colin Ward (6-2, 2.67)

This looks like our day to break the losing streak!

I have not faced Tudor.

I led off the game by grounding out to Johnny Ray at 2nd.

The Pirates strike first as Robin Yount hit an RBI double in the bottom half.

Pirates lead 1-0.

We took the lead back in the 2nd as Rob Deer scored on a passed ball and John Castino hit a solo home run.

Giants lead 2-1!

I made the 1st out in the bottom of the 2nd, handling a grounder by Tony Pena.

I led off the 3rd by grounding out to Tim Tolman at 1st.

In the bottom half I snagged a liner off the bat of Denny Gonzalez for the 2nd out.

I came up in the 4th with two out and Ward on 1st. A pitch got away from Tudor and gave me a little thump. Jeff Leonard grounded out and left us there.

I got the 1st two outs in the bottom of the 5th, taking grounders from Ozzie Smith and Denny Gonzalez. After Colin walked Yount, he was lifted for Curt Brown. He stranded Yount.

Frank Williams took on pitching duties in the 6th after Brown was lifted for a pinch-hitter. Things didn't go well for him as he gave up a two-run homer, and the lead, to Fred Lynn.

Pirates now lead 3-2.

I led off the 7th by singling into right field. I stole 2nd, for #65 and moved to 3rd on a Jeff Leonard ground out. Chili singled, I scored, and the game was tied.

Game tied 3-3.

In the 8th Chris Brown led off with a solo homer to put us back in front! I was lifted for Kenny Oberkfell that inning.

After I left the game my teammates exploded for four more runs. We won 8-3, breaking the losing streak.

The All-Star Rosters were announced and Bob Brenly and Rob Deer are both going! Good for them!

Eddie Vargas cleared waivers and has been assigned to Phoenix.

Old 08-28-2017, 10:50 AM   #118
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

The NL won the All-Star Game, beating the AL 5-4.

Rob Deer played some outfield and went 1 for 2 with a pair of RBI!

Bob Brenly went 0 for 1.

One day I'll get the nod. Net yet, though.

We are back home after the break, facing the Cubs.

Last edited by rpriske; 08-28-2017 at 10:51 AM.
Old 08-29-2017, 06:39 AM   #119
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

July 18th, 1985

At home in San Francisco after a break, Hopefully the break us what I needed to get my bat to life.

The Cubs are pitching Bill Swift (2-0, 3.51).
We have Atlee Hammaker (7-8, 3.12).

None of us have faced Swift before.

Things went against right away as Atlee gave up hits to the first three Cubs, putting us down 2-0. It got worse before it got better. By them time I started the inning ending Priske - Castino - Aldrete double play, the Cubs had sent up 9 batters and had scored 5 times.

Cubes lead 5-0.

I led off the bottom of the 1st and Swift did the unforgivable with a five run lead... he walked me. I moved up to 2nd on a Kenny Oberkfell ground out and 3rd on one by Chili Davis. I was stranded there.

Things went better in the 2nd. Bob Brenly led off with a double and then scored on a Jeff Leonard single. Mike Aldrete then parked a ball for a two-run homer. I came up with two out and nobody on and singled before stealing 2nd. I was left there.

Cubs lead 5-3.

In the 3rd the Cubs were back at it as Garry Templeton hit an RBI single, scoring Mel Hall.

Cubs lead 6-3.

I handled the 1st out in the 4th, taking a Shawon Dunston grounder.

I came up in the bottom half with two out and Aldrete on 1st. Swift pitched a little too tight and I got both a small bruise and my base. Kenny O then doubled into the corner, scoring both Mike and myself, but was thrown out trying to stretch it to 3rd.

Cubs lead 6-5.

Atlee had left for a pinch hitter than inning so Curt Brown took over. I caught a Jody Davis pop up for the 3rd out in the top of the 5th.

In the 7th, after another pinch hitting opportunity went nowhere, Mark Davis took over pitching duties for us. He allowed a couple of baserunners by a Castino - Priske - Aldrete double play ended the threat.

I led off the bottom half, now facing Dennis Lamp, by flying out to centre.

I got the 1st out in the 8th, taking a grounder by Hall. (There is something about that guy, I just don't like.)

A double switch in the 9th brought in Ron Davis to pitch and Kenny Smith to play left field.

In the bottom half, down by one, I got pulled for Chris Brown with one out and a man on. We didn't score and lost 6-5.

47-42

Old 08-31-2017, 09:52 PM   #120
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

July 19th, 1985

The Cubs are pitching Chuck Rainey (7-6, 3.50).

We have Jeff Robinson (6-8, 4.41).

I have gone 3 for 6 against Rainey.

Shawon Dunston is the first batter and my first play as I take his grounder for the 1st out. The Cubs strike with two out, though, as a Ryne Sandberg triple and a Mel Hall double put them up.

Cubs lead 1-0.

I lead off the bottom half by flying out to Hall in left. We struck on the 2nd, though. Rob Deer led off with a single, advanced to 2nd on a wild pitch, then scored on a Bob Brenly single. The third and fourth straight singles, these one say Jef fLeonard and Tom O'Malley, cashed in Bob. They moved up on a Fran Mullins ground out and then scored on a Jeff Robinson double! I walked but that is as far as the scoring went.

Giants up 4-1!

I got the 2nd out in the 3rd, catching a pop up by Sandberg.

In the bottom half we scored two more, on a sac fly bye O'Malley and yet another RBI hit by Robinson! I struck out for the 3rd out.

Giants lead 6-1!

Bob Brenly hit a RBI single, scoring Ken Oberkfell, in the 4th.

Giants lead 7-1!

I made a sweet catch for the 1st out in the 5th, snagging a liner from Jody Davis.

I came up in the bottom half with one out and nobody on, now facing Ray Off - the pitcher I hit by first ever home run off. This time I got a nice single to right. I immediately stole 2nd for SB #67. I was left there.

With two out in the 7th Nestor goes with Curt Brown on the mound.
I come up in the bottom half with two out and the bases empty. Soff strikes me out.

Frank Williams take over for us in the 8th. He has a bit more trouble, giving up an RBI single to Sandberg and loading the bases before getting out of it.

Giants up 7-2.

Frank allows a couple more baserunner sin the 9th but dodges any damage and the Giants win 7-2!

After the game we were told that Mike Jones was heading back to AAA - without ever getting in a game - and Eddie Vargas was back up.

Huh?