Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - Historical Simulations

OOTP 20 - Historical Simulations Discuss historical simulations and their results in this forum.

Old 06-26-2019, 11:03 AM   #1
Reed
All Star Starter

Historical without expansion

Started my league in 1901, 146 games per season, 16 teams, 4 man rotation, players miss season as in real life, injuries off, fatigue average, no DH, 3 year double weight recalc.. It takes me a week to play 1 OOTP season. So far I am up to 1917 and am very pleased with the result so far.

Normally I would expand my league around 1976 but then encounter the steroid era, especially in the late 1990s with Bonds, McQuire, Sosa going crazy. I was thinking about how to avoid that and I wondered what affect not having expansion would do. Well I backed up my league and created a test league and fast sim to the end of year 2000. McQuire had the top HR season with 55, Ruth was at 51. So the top players with the tougher competition, fewer teams, outliers will not be nearly as exaggerated. I believe HRs league wide went way up starting in 1985 along with runs scored.

I have decided this time not to expand my league starting in the 70s. Starting in 1985, will reduce the HR modifiers by 15% which will also lower era somewhat along with HR totals. It will take my a couple years to complete my 1901-2000 league but I am looking forward to it.

My question, has anyone played late 1900s with just 16 teams and what was your impression? Suggestions?
Reed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 02:26 PM   #2
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

How are you coming along with this? Looking forward to seeing how things play out without expansion.
David Watts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 03:12 PM   #3
Reed
All Star Starter

Well, I am to 1918 in my real league and it will probably take me a year to to get to 1970 or so.
Based on the fast sim test league I did, I think it will be very interesting when I get there. I want to have the same set up I have now meaning no DH, pitcher stamina the same, rotation size the same, etc.. In the test sim Mark McGwire was the only modern player to hit more than 50 HRs, 55 in 2000. In real life McGwire only had about 230 at bats in 2000 and a high home run rate. I stopped the test sim at the end of year 2000. The best pitchers won about 21 games each year, 4 man rotation, 146 games. The top batting average between 1985-2000 was around 375. In the test sim I did not adjust league modifiers for home runs but I may lower them when I actually get there.
I am playing 3 year recalc. Double weighted. Weaken adjust hitters/pitchers set at 200/100 and 20/15. Injuries off
Reed is offline   Reply With Quote