Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 - General Discussion

Franchise Hockey Manager 4 - General Discussion Talk about the latest FHM, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 02-17-2018, 07:30 AM   #1
geisterhome
Minors (Triple A)

4th line with a lot of minutes.

So as I understand you can only freely assign tactical roles to your 4th line.

Now I'm in the situation that my 4th,5th,6th best forwards don't fit into the 2nd (as well as 3rd) line of the tactical system (Shero) I'm running (although the suitability rating of it is at max). If you familar with it, the 2nd and 3rd line in this system has categories for rather physical, defensiv minded players, which I do have on my roster but they are clearly not on top 6 level.

Now my idea is to put those good fowards onto the 4th line and freely assign suitable roles to them. At the same time I raise their time on ice to the 2nd most, thus the 4th line practically becomes my 2nd.

I know 4th liners don't contribute as much to the to the overal tactical score but this shouldn't matter, since I'm practical at max every position anyways?

What you think about this?

Last edited by geisterhome; 02-17-2018 at 12:58 PM.
geisterhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 12:02 PM   #2
Autumn
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I did something like this when I was running the WHA Quebec Nordiques. I made it so the second line had more time than the first. It was hugely successful. I think it created a skill mismatch with the teams I was playing and that's why it worked. If you do this, I'd change your global tactics where you can determine which line plays against which. I'd love to hear if you have success trying this.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 05:14 AM   #3
JeffR
FHM Producer

You can give it a try, but there are a few game systems that work on the assumption that the icetime will generally be in the 1-2-3-4 order, so the game may limit how much those guys actually play. But I'd be curious to see the results.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote