Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Logos, Graphics, and HTML

Old 06-01-2006, 04:21 PM   #1
baseball99
Minors (Single A)

Need help with getting logos to appear

I have done everything in the above sticky thread to do my logos. I downloaded the circular logos, placed them in the appropriate league file under images. No Logos are appearing. I have also renamed them as such, "Houston_Astros.png". Any help??
baseball99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 04:38 PM   #2
Exodor
Major Leagues

I notice that the logos sometimes don't appear in the game until I exit the game and restart.

They'll show up some places but not others until I restart the game and then they appear.
Exodor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 04:42 PM   #3
truthserum
All Star Starter

^^^^

I do remember reading something about that.
truthserum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 07:54 PM   #4
jdew
All Star Starter

When changing any OOTP graphics...

1. Shutdown OOTP
2. Change the graphics you want to change
3. Start OOTP

If you don't do that, your changes won't show up everywhere they are supposed to.
jdew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 09:28 PM   #5
baseball99
Minors (Single A)

I have followed all these directions, and I keep getting generic logos on the screens. I don't know what to do
baseball99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 09:43 PM   #6
truthserum
All Star Starter

Are your new logos showing up in your images folder for the league you are looking at?
truthserum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 10:47 PM   #7
jdew
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseball99
I have followed all these directions, and I keep getting generic logos on the screens. I don't know what to do
If you are getting the generic logos, then those files haven't been replaced by your new logo files OR your new logo files are jpg format. So do these things...

Check the folder

OOTP Baseball 2006\data\saved games\YOURLEAGUE.LG\news\html\images

You'll find "Houston_Astros.png". Is it the default logo? Is there a "Houston_Astros.jpg" file there? Is it the one you want to use? If all answeres are "yes", then delete the "Houston_Astros.png" file. (I seem to recall it picking up the png file first, then if not found, looking for a jpg file.)

If the Houston_Astros.png contains the default logo and there are no other Houston_Astros files in that folder, then your Houston_Astros.png is in some other folder someplace. Find that, copy and replace the Houston_Astros.png in the news\html\images folder.

Make sure OOTP is not running when making these changes.
Old 06-01-2006, 10:48 PM   #8
chredwdew
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseball99
I have done everything in the above sticky thread to do my logos. I downloaded the circular logos, placed them in the appropriate league file under images. No Logos are appearing. I have also renamed them as such, "Houston_Astros.png". Any help??
Just changing the name of the logos and adding .png does not change them to a .png file. You usually have to run them through a program. I usually use photoshop but I know there are some programs out there that will change a whole group for you that are free. Can't remember any names right now, maybe someone else here can help.
chredwdew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 10:52 PM   #9
jdew
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chredwdew
Just changing the name of the logos and adding .png does not change them to a .png file. You usually have to run them through a program. I usually use photoshop but I know there are some programs out there that will change a whole group for you that are free. Can't remember any names right now, maybe someone else here can help.
Irfanview

http://www.irfanview.com/
Old 06-02-2006, 08:47 PM   #10
zonk84
Minors (Triple A)

I second Irfanview

For those of us graphically challenged, it's a godsend.

Heh- with the graphic format changes, OOTP2006 should be bundled with it... a great piece of freeware.
zonk84 is offline   Reply With Quote