Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 19 - General Discussions Everything about the 2018 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 03-13-2018, 12:20 PM   #41
Beatles Eternally
Minors (Double A)

I only do historical replays so I'll be continuing by importing 1967 from OOTP18. I have Deadball projects but since classic ballparks won't be included - meaning Shibe Park, Forbes, Field etc. my 1902 and 1908 projects will have to continue on Action PC Baseball. BUT, OOTP is really my sim of choice and the inclusion of Tournaments is REALLY exciting! So I might do an all-time tournament of the best of third place teams. Ten again, with everything OOTP has to offer, I'll get stuck because there will be so more I CAN do.

This game keeps getting better all the time. Thank you Out of the Park Developments for such a brilliant game!
Beatles Eternally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 01:20 PM   #42
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatles Eternally View Post
I only do historical replays so I'll be continuing by importing 1967 from OOTP18. I have Deadball projects but since classic ballparks won't be included - meaning Shibe Park, Forbes, Field etc. my 1902 and 1908 projects will have to continue on Action PC Baseball. BUT, OOTP is really my sim of choice and the inclusion of Tournaments is REALLY exciting! So I might do an all-time tournament of the best of third place teams. Ten again, with everything OOTP has to offer, I'll get stuck because there will be so more I CAN do.

This game keeps getting better all the time. Thank you Out of the Park Developments for such a brilliant game!
Fear not B.E. The ballparks you seek are right here. There also should be pstrickert's 3-D ballparks available through the Add-Ons Central feature in OOTP19 once it's out. Between those two aces, you should be able to get everything your baseball junkie heart desires in the way of 3-D ballparks. Please also see this.

Last edited by actionjackson; 03-13-2018 at 01:26 PM.
actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 01:35 PM   #43
vrobx1
Hall Of Famer

Most definitely will be carrying over my Anthology of the Texas Rangers game into OOTP 19.

Not sure what else I will also be doing.
vrobx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 02:07 PM   #44
Cowboys3356
All Star Starter

I did not play OOTP 18 so I am very excited to get back into the game with OOTP 19. I will do the usual test run of historical leagues and fictional leagues with no serious commitment for the first couple of weeks. I like to get a feel for the league and how all of the options work before I really get going for real. Also it seems like there is normally an update or two released in the beginning to help tweak things up and then it is time to play for real!!

Just realized I have been on these forums for over 14 years, that is INSANE!
Cowboys3356 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 02:34 PM   #45
RMc
All Star Starter

Continuing my AFBC dynasty, which I have been sorely neglecting of late.
Old 03-13-2018, 03:27 PM   #46
jerryb1961
Minors (Single A)

Probably will do a start from scratch draft out of the Cooperstown League
jerryb1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 05:33 PM   #47
Nugget699
Major Leagues

I have a couple of saves I want to do that I'm hoping to convert into a series for my YouTube channel. First one is to create an expansion team and get them to a World Series ring. Either monthly or yearly playthroughs.

The second is to just sit back and sim and watch the top three draft picks from every year. I think that;d be fascinating to watch them grow over time, but I'm not sure how that could be done as a YT series just yet.
Nugget699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 07:19 PM   #48
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

2018 MLB with the Cardinals, time to go and get that closer.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 09:57 PM   #49
UltimateAverageGuy
All Star Reserve

I finally plan on GM/managing my Mets for a long time save.

Seeing the little legs moving has me wanting to play this FOREVER
UltimateAverageGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 12:02 AM   #50
The Game
Hall Of Famer

1. From the day i 1st download it i will start with a Random debut league but my Sox will feature my top 10 players of all time releasing 10 players on my team.
Baines, L. Johnson, Ozzie Guillen, Big Hurt, Jody Gerut, C. Johnson, Maddux, Dawson. Foulke & Buerhle. I'll draft the rest of my favorite players over the years. This will hopefully be my last RD league for a long time.
2. Negro Leagues 1920 til whenever they ended with color barrier in place and post news to @NLBMprez on Twitter.
3. Convert both my EBL vs MLB & ABF leagues once, if any, bugs are resolved. i wont convert my EBL vs MLB until I finish my current season around 1 MAY.
4. Create my Star Wars League in full on 19. Testing on 18 now.
5. Finish the misc projects that I start then never finish.
6. Redo a History of baseball eventually. Want to see what pre 1900 changes have been made.
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 05:29 AM   #51
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

I keep wanting to put my game aside and start a new one, but it's just so hard to put aside 70 years of history. I think I'm going to play until I'm 100, and then force myself to retire. Then maybe I'll sim ahead 10-15 years and compile a list of all the hall of famers from my franchise

Then, on to a new game!
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 01:09 PM   #52
Birdland24
Minors (Triple A)

2018 Baltimore Orioles blowing it up and going in full rebuild mode. The Yankees and Red Sox won’t sit atop the AL east for long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Birdland24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 01:28 PM   #53
skunkle333
All Star Reserve

I will start out by playing Historical 59 and 2005 World Series with my White Sox !!

And I will do my best to play along in key games with the 2018 season.

I will most likely print out most of the manual (helps me focus & remember better) and enjoy getting things from the Mods. Personally I like real player pics and have trouble finding them and installing them. But I'll be working on them.

I just hope I can get my sweetheart (been married now 48 years) to shorten her 'honeydo list' so I'll have more time to play. : )

Don't forget to try PStrickert's great 1959 World Series Quickstart Mod for V12 & V11 !! At Padresfan's site.
skunkle333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 04:41 PM   #54
wallewalls
All Star Reserve

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
MLB game with my Yankees to build the next dynasty (hate me, i dont care) gonna be using 7 day lineups to get everybody in.

But when the beta drops, I'll be importing my OOTP 18 game and diving into the new rosters with the current MLB as well as diving into the new 3D gameplay, which looks so awesome.

Its gonna be a fun year

Last edited by wallewalls; 03-14-2018 at 04:45 PM.
wallewalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 06:01 PM   #55
Giants44
Hall Of Famer

Day One I will begin by pouting.

The High School I coach at hosts an annual "kids camp" that we have our players instruct kids from ages 5-14. I have to be there every day to supervise. After camp we have practice. So I will be at field everyday from 730am-5pm. This year release and camp start same day. BOOOOOO! In fact entire first week I will get at tops a few hours a day. Past releases I have had marathon 12 hour days. Not this time.

Might try to sneak my laptop out there, but not going to be easy, or immersive. At least it is baseball.

as for me games I will do what I always do which is:

- import and continue two different games I have had going since v3. One fictional and one that started as modern but has long extended into the 2030s

-import my historical replay and then maybe at some point start all over again. I am very immersed in my current "better world" replay which started around 1920 and I am now in 1962. "Better World" because it is a league where race was never an issue and I imported a ton of negro league and other international players each year to see how baseball would be different if it was always integrated. But over the years I start a new historical every 3-4 real years. I love the whole history and so I always enjoy a good historical replay.

-start a modern day Giants franchise. I do this every year. funny thing is in the real world WS run of 2010-2014 I actually played this the least because I didn't want to make very many changes. every year this mode is always either my most played or least played depending on how the real world giants are doing (and thus how many changes I want to make)

- probably have a modern day draft with my 20yr old son. He loves baseball and we always enjoy doing a draft. some years this lasts longer then others. But the experience is always great.

"Judge a man not by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character"
-Martin Luther King

"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts."
-Einstein

"The man who views the world at 50 the same as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life."
-Muhammad Ali

"Baseball statistics are like a girl in a bikini. They show a lot, but not everything."
-Toby Harrah
Giants44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 06:06 PM   #56
Giants44
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatles Eternally View Post

there are some amazing historical 3D parks that can be found here: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=242856

no idea yet how well they will work with v19 but my guess is they will be fine with "classic 3d" just not work with "modern 3d"

I will continue my annual plea for adding in new models of historical parks and making them an add-in to offset the time and effort it would take to create them.

"Judge a man not by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character"
-Martin Luther King

"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts."
-Einstein

"The man who views the world at 50 the same as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life."
-Muhammad Ali

"Baseball statistics are like a girl in a bikini. They show a lot, but not everything."
-Toby Harrah
Giants44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 10:45 PM   #57
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

3-6 months of waiting for patches to complete, then some serious playing time

if stats seem solid, i'll try to work out kinks in leagues during this patch portion of calendar. might play a season or 3 with real 2018 baseball players too. dink around with new features i don't quite know yet.. re-learn what i lost, figure out what's different, new ways to maximize this or that... yada yada yada.

most call that boring, i think it's fun.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 07:22 AM   #58
zerfer
Minors (Rookie Ball)

First i think i'm going to give the Marlins a shot (That is going to be some test, considering how they got hosed)

Then a fictional danish league as i tend to do every year.
Old 03-16-2018, 07:46 PM   #59
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

at least you have a blank canvass with the Marlins

i guess that's good and bad... although have to have at least a few assets of note - mil or mlb.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 08:12 PM   #60
Chico Guilbault
All Star Starter

I find myself with Monday off now and I've declared it a baseball holiday! I'm going to watch baseball movies the entire day while I spend some time getting to know the 19 Beta build...what movies should I watch?

Chico Guilbault is offline   Reply With Quote