Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 19 - General Discussions Everything about the 2018 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 02-24-2018, 11:56 AM   #61
Lee
Global Moderator

54, soon to be 55 but still living and playing like I did on my 20's. (With more common sense of course)

Played every incarnation of OOTP and my one remaining legacy in the game from when I beta tested back in the day is the naming of many of the eras when you start the game. (Deadball, Rebirth, Golden years, etc) So I will always have that, LOL.
Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 11:58 AM   #62
cmaug
Major Leagues

cmaug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 12:00 PM   #63
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

48. Started with OOTP10 or OOTPX, as it's also known. Before that it was Baseball Mogul, Diamond Mind, Strat-O-Matic on the computer, and Strat-O-Matic with cards. The Strat-O-Matic with cards began when I walked into a local toy store during the strike of 1981, where the salesman on duty was a total Strat-O-Matic fanatic. Kept seeking out the perfect game. OOTP is as close as it gets as far as I'm concerned.
actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 12:52 PM   #64
naterg1
Major Leagues

naterg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 02:30 PM   #65
GoPedro99
All Star Reserve

18. Got started with OOTP 16 and was hooked instantly.
GoPedro99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 02:58 PM   #66
r0nster
Hall Of Famer

am 48 and started with Season Ticket Baseball in 2001 (old name of OOTP for those who don't know)
r0nster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 03:41 PM   #67
BusterKing
Hall Of Famer

I'm in my double prime 32... a young 64 yrs old retired and enjoying every moment of it
BusterKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 03:51 PM   #68
SF_49er
Minors (Single A)

I'm 56 and i think my first OOTP was 12, to that time i don't know much about baseball, i only loves sports simulations and i downloaded OOTP 12 and a few days later i buy it.

Then my interest in baseball increases and i looked for real baseball games and so i began to love baseball and the MLB and OOTP has a new german fan...
SF_49er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 06:34 PM   #69
WIUPIKE
All Star Starter

31 started with ootp3 I think
WIUPIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 06:50 PM   #70
dannibalcorpse
Minors (Double A)

33, dabbled in early OOTP but really fully committed with 11
Old 02-24-2018, 06:57 PM   #71
slugga27
All Star Starter

26, started with Season Ticket Baseball way back when. Admittedly, didn’t enjoy it that much. Came back for OOTP 11, and later found out that OOTPD was the creator of Season Ticket. Bought every version since.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
slugga27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 07:26 PM   #72
dtizzle
Minors (Triple A)

41. Was addicted to micro league as a kid. Always loved stats. Did a search a couple of years ago and realized that there were now games much more advanced then the micro league days. Have been hooked ever since.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dtizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 09:17 PM   #73
Baebae32
Minors (Single A)

24. Been playing since i found ootp14 on a late night google search while on a road trip in college.
Baebae32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 10:53 PM   #74
Caporegime
All Star Starter

48, but there are times when I feel like I'm 48,000,000 years old.

I remember snickering whenever my grandmother would lay one of those "good old days" trips on my siblings and I when we were kids. I'm sure some of you in my peer group heard many of the same stories growing up....How they all had to walk 8,000 miles to school every day in tenth hand shoes with ten thousand holes in them, how they could leave their doors unlocked at night even during a bread riot and still feel safe, how you could take your family of twelve to Coney Island every Saturday and send five of them to college all for a nickel, etc.

Today, I'm the old man, telling my dewy-eyed tales of nostalgia to half-bored children at family functions. Only, my tales of yore are filled with vinyl records, rotary phones, hand cranked Evel Keneval motorcycles, VCRs, and now hopelessly primitive video game systems like the Atari 2600 and Colecovision.

Hey, but like the old saying goes: "You're only as old as you feel", which probably explains why I hear the theme to Jurassic Park echoing in my head whenever I hear kids use lingo I don't understand or make youthful cultural references that makes me feel like something cloned from the stomach contents of a mosquito encased in 70 million year-old amber.

Last edited by Caporegime; 02-24-2018 at 11:24 PM.
Caporegime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 12:32 AM   #75
Sweed
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)

Been playing OOTP since v4 (2002). The game I started then is the game I am still playing today imported into every new version. I've played every inning of every game with my Cubs and am currently in the 2032 season.

Cut my teeth on Strat O Matic with the 1969 season. Kept stats by hand on recipe cards, one for each player on my team. Wrote out stat sheets, again by hand, every 20 games.

Reading other posts here about Strat brings back a lot of memories but the most vivid are the ones about finally receiving the new season cards from the UPS driver. I'd save my paper route money, go to the bank and get a money order (wouldn't have to wait for parents check to clear), and mail in my order always checking the "receive order within 10 business days"(IIRC an additional $3 charge) from when they got my order. There was no package tracking so I was left to guesstimate when my cards would come. 3 days for order to get in + 10 days back to me. Should have them in 13 days + any Sundays or holidays in between, usually 15 days. UPS would normally come to our neighborhood at approx 5:30pm and it was torture counting the days. If they didn't come on day 15 I started to wonder, "did they get lost in transit?" "Did they even get the order?" No online tracking so no way to really know. I would be sure to be home at 5:00 every day and pretend nothing was out of the ordinary but every time I heard anything sounding like a delivery truck the heart would start to race. And when the brown truck finally pulled up with my large manila envelope it was every bit as good as Christmas. I get a very similar feeling downloading the newest version of OOTP

Moved to Lance Haffner Full Count (?) baseball in 1991. A game that, with the stat keeping disc, gave me the ability to play out full seasons with standings and stats for all teams. I thought I had reached the pinnacle. I had a game that could do everything.

Then while playing High Heat with my son on ps1 I ran across a game called OOTP on the baseballsimcentral forums. The rest is history. OOTP could do what Haffner's game could do and a lot more. The ultimate was players aged, developed, regressed, and were replaced by younger players? Really? A whole "living" baseball world growing before my eyes? Unbelievable and yet here it was in 2002 and it only gets better with each new version.
Sweed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 01:40 AM   #76
discodude5
Major Leagues

Season ticket in 2001. Stumbled upon it in a computer store.
Didn't know anything about the game but since I liked baseball I bought it. After playing it knew I found something very special.
discodude5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 12:50 PM   #77
jparker2112
All Star Reserve

46..OOTP10 was my magic moment
jparker2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 01:13 PM   #78
pgconboy
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I grew up playing "Action Strategy Baseball", a 1992 game by Cary Torkelson, on our Macintosh LC III.
OOTP 19 will be the very first version I buy.
Extremely excited to try the game out, especially since I use very basic SQL at work and want to try to expand on my low skill.
pgconboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 01:38 PM   #79
Sweed
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgconboy View Post
I grew up playing "Action Strategy Baseball", a 1992 game by Cary Torkelson, on our Macintosh LC III.
OOTP 19 will be the very first version I buy.
Extremely excited to try the game out, especially since I use very basic SQL at work and want to try to expand on my low skill.
Welcome and say good-bye to all of the free time you used to have
Sweed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 01:47 PM   #80
KentCol
Minors (Triple A)

Just turned 67. Saved all my pennies as a youngster and started with APBA.
KentCol is offline   Reply With Quote