Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - Historical Simulations
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 18 - Historical Simulations Discuss historical simulations and their results in this forum.

Old 02-12-2018, 11:41 PM   #1
dtizzle
Minors (Triple A)

If you want joe DiMaggio?

Playing a historical league where all rookies are coming in the draft. But I have found when the minors show up (a huge amount enter in 1932) that the independent minors (not affiliated with a major team) come with rosters. Very cool. Unless you were hoping to have a crack at joe DiMaggio in the draft but turns out he was already on the roster of the San Fransisco seals. Then your competitor purchased him and now alas joe d is not on your team. Boo hoo
dtizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 05:19 AM   #2
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtizzle View Post
Playing a historical league where all rookies are coming in the draft. But I have found when the minors show up (a huge amount enter in 1932) that the independent minors (not affiliated with a major team) come with rosters. Very cool. Unless you were hoping to have a crack at joe DiMaggio in the draft but turns out he was already on the roster of the San Fransisco seals. Then your competitor purchased him and now alas joe d is not on your team. Boo hoo
Gotta brush up on history. Most people know that Joe and Dom played for the Seals.
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 06:24 AM   #3
dtizzle
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game View Post
Gotta brush up on history. Most people know that Joe and Dom played for the Seals.

Yes. I know my history! But I just assumed joe would’ve been placed in the draft; not on the seals. Would’ve preferred him in the draft so I could have had a real crack at him but I guess the non affiliated minor rostering him is just a little cool wrinkle. Truth be told I scanned the other leagues and his ratings didn’t jump off the page. The NY Giants claimed him who are coming off 2 straight World Series wins and have hank Greenberg and Jimmie foxx. Meanwhile my franchise (the pirates) are still scuttling after babe Ruth’s premature career ending injury and the lack of good pitching on our current team. Trying to turn this ship around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-13-2018, 08:12 AM   #4
dtizzle
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Yes. I know my history! But I just assumed joe would’ve been placed in the draft; not on the seals. Would’ve preferred him in the draft so I could have had a real crack at him but I guess the non affiliated minor rostering him is just a little cool wrinkle. Truth be told I scanned the other leagues and his ratings didn’t jump off the page. The NY Giants claimed him who are coming off 2 straight World Series wins and have hank Greenberg and Jimmie foxx. Meanwhile my franchise (the pirates) are still scuttling after babe Ruth’s premature career ending injury and the lack of good pitching on our current team. Trying to turn this ship around.

And speaking of joe and dom.... don’t forget their other bro Vince. Kind of like the cooper manning to Peyton and Eli.

Old 02-13-2018, 10:05 AM   #5
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

If you do not use historical minors, Joe will appear in your draft.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 12:50 PM   #6
dtizzle
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
If you do not use historical minors, Joe will appear in your draft.

I assumed as much. Like the historical minors. Although weird as the cardinals have like 12 minor league teams and the Phillies have 0.

Old 02-13-2018, 01:49 PM   #7
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I assumed as much. Like the historical minors. Although weird as the cardinals have like 12 minor league teams and the Phillies have 0.

Blame that on Branch Rickey.
actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 10:17 PM   #8
dtizzle
Minors (Triple A)

And to close the circle. The NY giants have abandoned joltin joe and shipped them to me for a minor leaguer. I also have Vince DiMaggio so they are now platooning.

Old 02-21-2018, 02:35 PM   #9
Jerry Helper
Major Leagues

Quote:
And to close the circle. The NY giants have abandoned joltin joe and shipped them to me for a minor leaguer. I also have Vince DiMaggio so they are now platooning.

There's no way you had the AI trade difficulty on high or very high for this.

This is the problem with playing straight historical. Your ability to know how history plays out can lead to pretty easy dynasty building and take away any real challenge.
Jerry Helper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 02:43 PM   #10
dtizzle
Minors (Triple A)

You are actually WRONG. The trade levels are at HARD. Joe D unfortunately has not done much in his career. At the time of the trade he was 2 star/2 star. He was my 5th outfielder and barely played. I then dumped him a season or two later to the Cubs for a minor league.

And poor Dom... was on a rehab stint in the minors and received a concussion which ended his career.
Old 02-21-2018, 04:05 PM   #11
dtizzle
Minors (Triple A)

And lets continue....

I shipped Mr. Dimaggio out to the Cubs because as a 24 y/o he was now 1 star/ 1 star. The CUBS released him after 3 months and signed with the Lenoir City Indians (a DE league). So Mr. D's stats will be nowhere like the real Mr. Dimaggio. I started this league in 1901. There have been some players who have played up to their historical presence (Babe Ruth - until his career ending injury, Cy Young, Rogers Hornsby). But many others have fallen flat. Lou Gehrig has kind of stunk. Dimaggio is not good. And then others like Orval Overall and Jack Chesbro are living legends.

My league is historical with the players coming in the right year. But I do not do recalc based on real stats... I let the OOTP engine do its magic.

My trade level is on Hard, unlike was posed earlier in this thread.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 02-21-2018, 07:06 PM   #12
The Game
Hall Of Famer

You know there is a historical facegen pack you can use.
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 09:39 PM   #13
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game View Post
You know there is a historical facegen pack you can use.
The latest and greatest version can be found here dtizzle and others. 36,000+ historical facegens worth of goodness right there. Install to your Documents > Out of the Park Developments > OOTP Baseball 18 > fg_files folder, and boom there's Joe D and others (once you update all facegens in-game).
actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 11:14 AM   #14
Jerry Helper
Major Leagues

Quote:
And lets continue....

I shipped Mr. Dimaggio out to the Cubs because as a 24 y/o he was now 1 star/ 1 star. The CUBS released him after 3 months and signed with the Lenoir City Indians (a DE league). So Mr. D's stats will be nowhere like the real Mr. Dimaggio. I started this league in 1901. There have been some players who have played up to their historical presence (Babe Ruth - until his career ending injury, Cy Young, Rogers Hornsby). But many others have fallen flat. Lou Gehrig has kind of stunk. Dimaggio is not good. And then others like Orval Overall and Jack Chesbro are living legends.

My league is historical with the players coming in the right year. But I do not do recalc based on real stats... I let the OOTP engine do its magic.

My trade level is on Hard, unlike was posed earlier in this thread.
I apologize, I didn't realize we were talking about different Joe Ds. The one you're talking about has a beard. I was talking about the other one. My bad, ignore my comment!
Jerry Helper is offline   Reply With Quote