Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 19 - General Discussions Everything about the 2018 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 01-28-2018, 04:22 PM   #81
CHOWDERHEAD
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisJNelson View Post
Yeah it needs the stat categories to be a different color (or background color) to break it up visually.
Yes, having something to break it up or adding in a empty space between the categories would be a big help.

Hopefully it is given some consideration.
Old 01-28-2018, 05:06 PM   #82
CobaltJays
All Star Reserve

On depth charts, will it be possible to use starters as the primary backup at another position? Has the depth chart AI improved generally? It would be great if the use of position experience in depth charts was addressed, as it's led to some AI teams having really wonky depth charts.
CobaltJays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 05:13 PM   #83
rjl518
Hall Of Famer

will there now be a way to clear player strategy with just one click of a button instead of having to go through every player and select none and then start again?
also...will there be more custom options for double elimination playoffs like byes and such?

"Colon looking for his 1st hit of the year and he DRIVES ONE! Deep left field! Back goes Upton! Back near the wall! ITS OUTTA HERE!!! Bartolo has done it!!! THE IMPOSSIBLE HAS HAPPENED!!! This is one of the great moments in the history of baseball! Bartolo Colon has gone deep!" ---Gary Cohen. (May 7, 2016) (Petco Park) NYM 6 @ SD 3
rjl518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 06:22 PM   #84
AlpineSK
All Star Starter

1. Can we expect coaching "personalities" to be in the game at launch instead of being added midway through the baseball season?

2. Can you speak to any updates, if any, to the GM/Coaching interaction? Example: as a coach, will I be able to tell my GM that I need a second baseman?

3. Will there be any player interaction pieces added to the game, like manager meetings, team meetings etc?

4. Will there be any way to export views so we can share them with friends/other users?

5. When scrolling through a player's situational stats (place in batting order, bases loaded etc) can the column headers stay locked at the top?

6. Any chance we can get a "vs. team" and "vs. hitter/pitcher" filter so we can see how players perform against specific guys to make picking pinch hitting/relief pitching matchups easier?

2013 Boston Red Sox

Or my blogs:

http://www.medicsbk.com

The Sports Medic

Last edited by AlpineSK; 01-28-2018 at 06:32 PM.
AlpineSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 06:59 PM   #85
Jamee999
All Star Reserve

Any progress on associations?
Jamee999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 07:09 PM   #86
mitchkenn
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamee999 View Post
that's a good question .... it'd be nice.
"I saw a young man leaning on his wooden crutch - He called out to me, 'Don't ask for so much' And a young woman leaning in her darkened door She cried out to me, 'Why not ask for more?' " - Leonard Cohen
"Hello darkness, my old Friend ...." - Paul Simon
Before Mays, before DiMaggio, there was Oscar Charleston.
"All the lies about Babe Ruth are true." - Waite Hoyt

Avatar is the late great Townes Van Zandt. rip.
mitchkenn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 08:42 PM   #87
Dark Horse
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
There's not much customization, but they're full player models this time, so you can see them run, jump, slide, and throw. Jorin's been pushing us to get them in the game for a couple years now, and I'd definitely say they're a huge upgrade on the pawns, and I love the pawns.
Will the full player models have the uniforms, like the detailed pawns?

A Justafan Fan

LBA Geo Bahn Rock Hounds

fan of the ISLANDIAN PRO ALLIANCE
Dark Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 09:00 PM   #88
bpbrooksy
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Horse View Post
Will the full player models have the uniforms, like the detailed pawns?
I would love being able to see little numbers on the jerseys. I know most of my real-life team by the numbers and I find I don't know much about my OOTP team's numbers unless I go into individual player pages.
bpbrooksy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 09:22 PM   #89
Dark Horse
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpbrooksy View Post
I would love being able to see little numbers on the jerseys. I know most of my real-life team by the numbers and I find I don't know much about my OOTP team's numbers unless I go into individual player pages.
Selfishly, i'd like to be able to run replays of simmed games. Take screenshots of the action, assuming i can zoom in on the players, and use the screenshot in a baseball card.

A Justafan Fan

LBA Geo Bahn Rock Hounds

fan of the ISLANDIAN PRO ALLIANCE
Dark Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 09:28 PM   #90
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamee999 View Post
I don't think anything has changed here.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 09:30 PM   #91
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineSK View Post
1. Can we expect coaching "personalities" to be in the game at launch instead of being added midway through the baseball season?
Yes, they were added last year, so they'll still be there. We can update the new guys pretty easily before release, so shouldn't be an issue.

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 01-28-2018 at 09:59 PM.
Old 01-28-2018, 10:23 PM   #92
bryan_05
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Any changes to make online play more efficient? I just want to sim some seasons with a couple friends without emailing files around constantly.
bryan_05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 11:14 PM   #93
itsmb8
All Star Starter

Just a couple questions,

1) Any updates to aging, development, etc.?

2) Any updates to international/independent PCMs? And will Cuban defection be modeled in this game?

3) Any updates or expanded features to feeder leagues?
itsmb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 08:00 AM   #94
nico1270
Minors (Triple A)

Caribbean Winter Leagues? (and Caribbean World Series)

Will we get any notifications (emails, popups, etc) when a player from my Indy league team was purchased by an MLB team?
nico1270 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 10:43 AM   #95
wallewalls
All Star Reserve

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
guys, some of these features you're asking about are so big that if they were in the game, they would have said so in the release information
wallewalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 10:45 AM   #96
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallewalls View Post
guys, some of these features you're asking about are so big that if they were in the game, they would have said so in the release information
Yeah, that's definitely true

There's obviously a lot of little stuff we haven't mentioned yet, but stuff like Caribbean Winter Leagues, feeder league updates etc. we'd have mentioned already if they were happening

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 01-29-2018 at 10:47 AM.
Old 01-29-2018, 01:30 PM   #97
jaysfan17
Minors (Single A)

Lukas, Matt, other OOTP developers and fans of OOTP,

Not sure if you guys are still answering questions so I hope I'm not late. I'll try not to ask too many questions. Was there a feature list that got released and I missed it or has t not been released yet. I've been hearing about a couple new additions hear and there and can't seem to find the anything. The newsletter link isn't working for me.

Also, and this pertains to the game, will players be more likely to sign minor league deals in this game? I've noticed that on FA day players who do mediocre at the MLB level are always requesting for Major league deals even when they were bounced between the MLB and MiLB.
jaysfan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 02:03 PM   #98
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysfan17 View Post
Lukas, Matt, other OOTP developers and fans of OOTP,

Not sure if you guys are still answering questions so I hope I'm not late. I'll try not to ask too many questions. Was there a feature list that got released and I missed it or has t not been released yet. I've been hearing about a couple new additions hear and there and can't seem to find the anything. The newsletter link isn't working for me.

Also, and this pertains to the game, will players be more likely to sign minor league deals in this game? I've noticed that on FA day players who do mediocre at the MLB level are always requesting for Major league deals even when they were bounced between the MLB and MiLB.
We're answering what we can, like Matt said we might not be able to get to everything since we have to, you know, actually work on the game as well

The feature list is in the newsletter, not sure why the link wouldn't work but you can also find it on the Steam store page here. Hopefully that works for you!

As far as the minor leaguers and major league deals, that's something we've actually just been discussing. We've made some tweaks and will probably make more depending on what we find in beta, so I think things should be better in 19.

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 01-29-2018 at 02:15 PM.
Old 01-29-2018, 02:58 PM   #99
jaysfan17
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas Berger View Post
We're answering what we can, like Matt said we might not be able to get to everything since we have to, you know, actually work on the game as well

The feature list is in the newsletter, not sure why the link wouldn't work but you can also find it on the Steam store page here. Hopefully that works for you!

As far as the minor leaguers and major league deals, that's something we've actually just been discussing. We've made some tweaks and will probably make more depending on what we find in beta, so I think things should be better in 19.
Lukas,

Thanks for the quick response! I took a look at the features on the link you gave me. The game looks promising, again. Especially, looking forward to what you guys have done with the scouting system. Take care.
jaysfan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 04:28 PM   #100
Birdland24
Minors (Triple A)

OOTP 19 - Official FAQ Thread!

If I preorder the game Friday am I still able to get the early release on the 19th? And the 10% discount?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Birdland24 is offline   Reply With Quote