Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - Historical Simulations

OOTP 18 - Historical Simulations Discuss historical simulations and their results in this forum.

Old 11-29-2017, 12:01 PM   #1
Moe Cronin
Bat Boy

History needs more love

For those of us who like to play the real old baseball, the 19 century and the time when Ty Cobb was the king, the game could use a little love.

1. A lot of really pale faces - many players from the old days look like vampires. Why?
2. Few ballparks before the 1910s. You can play the 1915 game without too much trouble, a lot of them are available or close enough not to ruin it, but 1900? Only a few are available. It's better with 2D models but who likes to play 2D nowadays? Also, there are a lot of bugs in the available ones - sky where buildings are supposed to be, anachronistic ads, missing textures, glitches. All sorts of things.
3. Some faces are incorrect. I can't remember the name but there is a white player from the 1930s with a black skin - it's still the segregation era so he stands out.
4. Costs and payrolls are odd at times. 40,000$ as a scouting baseline in the 1910s? 500,000$ budgets in 1916?

That's just my two cents. I know that the devs can't do much about modern ballparks, but what about the real old ones? Those are no longer copyrighted.
Moe Cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 01:15 PM   #2
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe Cronin View Post
3. Some faces are incorrect. I can't remember the name but there is a white player from the 1930s with a black skin - it's still the segregation era so he stands out.
When you can provide a name/names this is easily corrected. Without any details this item cannot be addressed.
Old 12-06-2017, 01:57 AM   #3
Silent_Thunder
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
For those of us who like to play the real old baseball, the 19 century and the time when Ty Cobb was the king, the game could use a little love.

1. A lot of really pale faces - many players from the old days look like vampires. Why?
[...]
This is because the facegens are being made with the what we had for those players, old black and white photos, sometimes (badly) colorized. In addition, many of them are not head on which makes it even more difficult to work properly. Either way, it results in a washed out pallete as the facegen software uses photos well below the quality and color dept it was designed for, as well as incorrect assumptions about skintone. It's the same reason some older players look like horrifying frog people.

There's really nothing that can be done.

Last edited by Silent_Thunder; 12-06-2017 at 02:01 AM.
Silent_Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 11:38 AM   #4
Jerry Helper
Major Leagues

Quote:

2. Few ballparks before the 1910s. You can play the 1915 game without too much trouble, a lot of them are available or close enough not to ruin it, but 1900? Only a few are available. It's better with 2D models but who likes to play 2D nowadays? Also, there are a lot of bugs in the available ones - sky where buildings are supposed to be, anachronistic ads, missing textures, glitches. All sorts of things.
4. Costs and payrolls are odd at times. 40,000$ as a scouting baseline in the 1910s? 500,000$ budgets in 1916?

That's just my two cents. I know that the devs can't do much about modern ballparks, but what about the real old ones? Those are no longer copyrighted.
Just go find better pictures for those you don't like and replace them. I do it all the time. For instance, Babe Ruth's picture is of him in his 40s. If i'm playing a 20s sim, Ruth dominates the game and I much rather have a picture of a younger Ruth.
Jerry Helper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 01:46 PM   #5
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Helper View Post
Just go find better pictures for those you don't like and replace them. I do it all the time. For instance, Babe Ruth's picture is of him in his 40s. If i'm playing a 20s sim, Ruth dominates the game and I much rather have a picture of a younger Ruth.
I've done this as well with Mark Grace, Lance Johnson, Mark McGwire, Jeff Bagwell, etc. Rajah used to be one of those vampire players but has been cleaned up in recent years.
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 03:40 PM   #6
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game View Post
I've done this as well with Mark Grace, Lance Johnson, Mark McGwire, Jeff Bagwell, etc. Rajah used to be one of those vampire players but has been cleaned up in recent years.
Love your current avatar by the way. Who is that? That is one ugly dude.
actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 11:41 AM   #7
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionjackson View Post
Love your current avatar by the way. Who is that? That is one ugly dude.
Snoke. Looks cooler below then in game.
Attached Images
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

Last edited by The Game; 12-12-2017 at 11:42 AM.
The Game is offline   Reply With Quote