Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - Historical Simulations
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 18 - Historical Simulations Discuss historical simulations and their results in this forum.

Old 11-27-2017, 03:32 PM   #1
warneke
Minors (Single A)

How can you erase the career stats of individual players, like rookies who come in with ML stats

I like to start my own MLB history in a given year with fresh stats. I know how to do that. BUT when real historical rookies come in...if they have played before in rl MLB (like if they happened to have missed the year I started in) then they bring their complete prior MLB records with them and they apply to career league records. Sometimes a guy will come in with several years experience; for instance when I started my universe in 1915, Home Run Baker missed that season, so when he was imported as a "rookie" with the 1916 class, he brought his complete history with him and I couldn't erase the stats he had prior to 1916. Is there away to do this? Or to avoid this?

Last edited by warneke; 11-27-2017 at 03:43 PM.
warneke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 12:25 PM   #2
OmahaReynolds
All Star Reserve

I noticed this too in a 1901 league I started. I erased all stats and history, ran an inaugural draft and simmed like 10 seasons. I checked the leaderboards in league history and saw guys with close to 3000 hits that played prior to 1901.

I think the only way to avoid this is to start the league in 1871 and sim until the year you want to play. Then at the start of the preseason you delete the stats and history and run an inaugural draft. If you want to start the season with real rosters you’d probably have to do it manually.
OmahaReynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 01:02 PM   #3
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Erasing stats and starting fresh is no longer an option. Believe it or not, the reason we were able to do so in past versions was due to a bug. That bug was fixed for OOTP17.

From what I understand, in order for us to be able to erase stats and start fresh again, Markus would have to add an option to the game that allows us to decide if we want a player that missed a season to return or stay absent.
David Watts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 05:08 PM   #4
warneke
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmahaReynolds View Post
I noticed this too in a 1901 league I started. I erased all stats and history, ran an inaugural draft and simmed like 10 seasons. I checked the leaderboards in league history and saw guys with close to 3000 hits that played prior to 1901.

I think the only way to avoid this is to start the league in 1871 and sim until the year you want to play. Then at the start of the preseason you delete the stats and history and run an inaugural draft. If you want to start the season with real rosters you’d probably have to do it manually.
Oh, okay I understand that now. So start in 1871 and sim till actual start year and reset everything. Thanks! That should work; I’ll try that next time. Although starting in 1905 hasn’t been too bad. As of 07 there’s been about a handful of vet-rookies who I’ve just deleted. Really only one or two that played much after 05.

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Watts View Post
Erasing stats and starting fresh is no longer an option. Believe it or not, the reason we were able to do so in past versions was due to a bug. That bug was fixed for OOTP17.

From what I understand, in order for us to be able to erase stats and start fresh again, Markus would have to add an option to the game that allows us to decide if we want a player that missed a season to return or stay absent.
It’s possible to erase the entire stats of all players at any time. The problem is when a guy comes in who missed the season you started on.
warneke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 12:07 PM   #5
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by warneke View Post
Oh, okay I understand that now. So start in 1871 and sim till actual start year and reset everything. Thanks! That should work; I’ll try that next time. Although starting in 1905 hasn’t been too bad. As of 07 there’s been about a handful of vet-rookies who I’ve just deleted. Really only one or two that played much after 05.

It’s possible to erase the entire stats of all players at any time. The problem is when a guy comes in who missed the season you started on.
I know you can zero out stats, but what's the point? Say I do so in 1921. I can play out 1921 with no issues, but when 22 rolls around and I look at my league's leaderboard, it will be the Johnny Evers show, as he will have 16 seasons worth of stats, compared to 1 for everyone else. The league is ruined from that point forward, so being able to zero out stats is useless and pointless. We need the option to choose whether we want players that missed the inaugural download to reappear or stay absent.
David Watts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 12:05 AM   #6
OmahaReynolds
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Watts View Post
I know you can zero out stats, but what's the point? Say I do so in 1921. I can play out 1921 with no issues, but when 22 rolls around and I look at my league's leaderboard, it will be the Johnny Evers show, as he will have 16 seasons worth of stats, compared to 1 for everyone else. The league is ruined from that point forward, so being able to zero out stats is useless and pointless. We need the option to choose whether we want players that missed the inaugural download to reappear or stay absent.
Well if you start at 1871 and sim to the desired starting year, dump all the players into a draft pool and then erase stats, you wouldn’t have that problem. In that case, Johnny Evers would already be in the universe. Theoretically it is the only way to avoid that problem (which I agree is annoying)
OmahaReynolds is offline   Reply With Quote