Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 2 > FHM 2 - General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 05-26-2015, 10:53 AM   #21
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Gentleman, please bear with us,

I understand Sebastian has run into some computer difficulties and is currently Internet-less, but that problem is expected to be rectified soon. At which point, I am certain he will soon be providing an update on where things stand.

In the meantime, I will reiterate that late May was a tentative release date, and the primary objective is still to release the game when we are confident the release will be smooth, as opposed to releasing it simply because it's a certain date on the calendar.

I know it's frustrating to wait after a long wait already, but work continues daily to get this game into your hands.
Old 05-26-2015, 12:54 PM   #22
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayrome View Post
I know, it's incredible how many pre-orders they had with OOTP 16, and they decided that they would make FHM2 with no pre-orders and apparently no release date.. The hype for OOTP was huge, and this upgraded version of FHM could be a commercial success if some effort was put into promoting the game..
We did not do pre-orders for FHM 2 because we want to work without pressure and make sure we ship a great, properly tested and stable game So, quality is more important for us than some early cash via pre-orders and a release date promise.

The guys are working very hard and the game is progressing nicely. I expect Sebastian to post a more detailed update once he is back online.
Old 05-26-2015, 01:00 PM   #23
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayrome View Post
We weren't promised anything indeed, but you can't just build a hype around a game, last I know mid-may Sebastian said the game was right on track for late may, it just looks very sketchy compared to the successful release of OOTP.
Well, software development is unpredictable. I know Sebastian still was optimistic about a possible end of May release at the end of April, but things change. For example, in late January I thought OOTP 16 was almost done, but then when we released it everything came down right to the wire and we almost had to push it back a week... you just never know. Hence for FHM 2 we never promised a release date but just said what the target date could be under the best circumstances.
Old 05-26-2015, 01:18 PM   #24
Nino33
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Well, software development is unpredictable. I know Sebastian still was optimistic about a possible end of May release at the end of April, but things change. For example, in late January I thought OOTP 16 was almost done, but then when we released it everything came down right to the wire and we almost had to push it back a week... you just never know. Hence for FHM 2 we never promised a release date but just said what the target date could be under the best circumstances.
How about the promised Match Engine patch for FHM1? First mentioned in January of 2014, barely mentioned since...
Old 05-26-2015, 02:16 PM   #25
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nino33 View Post
How about the promised Match Engine patch for FHM1? First mentioned in January of 2014, barely mentioned since...
From Sebastian's post pinned at the top regarding FHM 2:

"A short note regarding the last 2014 patch: it still is scheduled to be released before FHM 2 is released and contains the Match Engine update alongside with an updated 2014/15 roster set and many bug fixes. Please don't swamp this thread with questions on this topic, it will be available as beta patch as soon as we are happy with our internal testing."

Nothing has changed in that regard as far as I am aware.

Last edited by Cole; 05-26-2015 at 02:24 PM.
Old 05-26-2015, 03:06 PM   #26
glb2687
Minors (Single A)

Sorry but this is all beginning to be annoying.....Sounds like little kids on a trip... 'Are we there yet?' every minute. Be patience as you have been requested and wait for a good product. Rushing it will just lead to more grief!
Old 05-26-2015, 04:43 PM   #27
Hank1974
Minors (Double A)

Count me as someone who does not want you to rush.
Get it right and I'll be the first one to buy.

Can't wait!
Old 05-26-2015, 05:28 PM   #28
Havokk
Minors (Single A)

Thanks Cole for posting the post about the match engine. So where is it?
Old 05-26-2015, 05:43 PM   #29
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havokk View Post
On my Computer.

Not joking, from a coding standpoint everything is done with the Engine itself, right now Jeff and I tweak it so we can cover all the different league setups. As an explanation: we wrote a parser for the NHL pbp files and calculated all important stats from it as base values for the engine (like goals per game, pp/sh goals per game, hits, penalties, ta, ga, shots blocked, shots missed. In case of shots we also record the position on the ice from where the shot is taken and compute different success rates). All other leagues don't have such detailed data available, so we take, what we can find from that leagues (in most cases goals, penalties, fights) and compute the rest from the NHL data.

One problem the old engine had was high scoring setups (like the QMJHL with almost 7 goals per game) and we make sure the new engine can handle this.
Old 05-26-2015, 05:45 PM   #30
Rizzo
Minors (Triple A)

I'm also in the crowd of "eagerly awaiting but will not be bugging the developers for updates every day". I want this game as much as anyone but know that it will be released when it is ready. Until then, go play OOTP Baseball lol.
Old 05-26-2015, 05:49 PM   #31
Havokk
Minors (Single A)

Thats great that its on your computer but what about ours?
Old 05-26-2015, 06:07 PM   #32
Smetana
All Star Starter

Quote:
Now I'm certain you're just trolling.
Old 05-26-2015, 06:10 PM   #33
Havokk
Minors (Single A)

Why am i trolling? Do you even know what trolling is? Now i have an issue for attacking me on a consistent basis. Are you enforcing me to speak my mind? Sebastian answered with a happy face and so did I. Freedom of speech! You should be banned for attacking posters.
Old 05-26-2015, 06:28 PM   #34
Smetana
All Star Starter

Quote:
Quote:
I'm not attacking you at all. But I am calling you out on this nonsense.

You've been advised, quite clearly and in great detail, the status of the software, throughout the thread. And you continue to gnaw away at it like a bulldog.

I'm not going to defend OOTP games for their business practices on this matter. I would be a fool to do so. But you seem to feel that not having what you want, when you want it, is a personal affront to you. It's irritating.

I've had my say. I won't post again in this thread.
Old 05-26-2015, 06:31 PM   #35
Havokk
Minors (Single A)

Yes! Please have another hug mr. CRANKY pants ��
Old 05-26-2015, 06:48 PM   #36
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Hey guys, please keep cool. I don't think anyone was attacking the other.

Smetana is one of our great researchers who puts countless hours into improving the game and database and without him (and all the other researchers/tester) we would not be able to produce such game.

In the end it is nice to see that people wait for FHM 2. Once it is out, we finally can turn to speak about the game and further improvements. I know it is only our fault but that is, what I really miss.
Old 05-26-2015, 07:08 PM   #37
Nino33
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smetana View Post
I'm not going to defend OOTP games for their business practices on this matter. I would be a fool to do so.
This is why I suggested the supporters of FHM remain silent. This is why I said you'd only make it worse. By you're own admission you'd be a fool to defend their business practices on this matter...and yet so many of you still do (FHM supporters would be better off not telling people not to ask questions/post about things IMO, especially when all but a couple/few supporters openly admit the many past and ongoing faults of the FHM team)

Last edited by Nino33; 05-26-2015 at 07:10 PM.
Old 05-26-2015, 07:34 PM   #38
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nino33 View Post
This is why I suggested the supporters of FHM remain silent. This is why I said you'd only make it worse. By you're own admission you'd be a fool to defend their business practices on this matter...and yet so many of you still do (FHM supporters would be better off not telling people not to ask questions/post about things IMO, especially when all but a couple/few supporters openly admit the many past and ongoing faults of the FHM team)
Nino33, I know you hate FHM and/or me and love EHM (no problem with that) but maybe you should respect the opinion of other people as well? Some people like FHM better, some like what they see with FHM 2, you should learn to respect other peoples opinions. You don't want to buy FHM 2, thats totally fine, but you should respect if other people want to buy the game. We don't force anyone to buy it.

And for me posting about FHM 2 here or on TBL: people asked us many times to be more open about development. Now I try it and most people seem to enjoy it except you. So please respect the other people and let them enjoy our postings. Even Colin, and I respect that he does not want to be part of this debate, said, that he welcomes my posts on TBL.
Old 05-26-2015, 07:57 PM   #39
Nino33
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski View Post
from a coding standpoint everything is done with the Engine itself, right now Jeff and I tweak it so we can cover all the different league setups. As an explanation: we wrote a parser for the NHL pbp files and calculated all important stats from it as base values for the engine (like goals per game, pp/sh goals per game, hits, penalties, ta, ga, shots blocked, shots missed. In case of shots we also record the position on the ice from where the shot is taken and compute different success rates). All other leagues don't have such detailed data available, so we take, what we can find from that leagues (in most cases goals, penalties, fights) and compute the rest from the NHL data.

One problem the old engine had was high scoring setups (like the QMJHL with almost 7 goals per game) and we make sure the new engine can handle this.
This is a common FHM bad practice too.....after the damage is done, then release a comment/etc on what's being asked about. Why didn't you write this the first time you were asked about the Match Engine patch?

Unfortunately given that the Match Engine was mentioned back in January of 2014, I would have expected the above somewhere in 2014, not late May 2015.....and if I accept "it'll be done when it's good enough" and I accept your repeated explanation that it was/is so hard to do, it's really hard to understand why you spend any time at all posting when the Match Engine patch is so delayed

And if you're wondering why is this happening again? the answer is you again took the PR route and not the product route. I see Cole saying "Stay tuned and there will be more information, screen shots and details to come" I think no no no! Just release a product that's worthy, and let the product be the PR. It's the OOTP/FHM PR style that's getting you into the difficulties you're experiencing IMO (I think for many it really is offensive to see the developer PRing FHM2 while the Match Engine patch for FHM1 is still not out...doesn't make one think anything's been learned)

I think what many people suspect is it's going awful (because it's so delayed, and you're still saying how hard it is)...last October you guys weren't capable of seeing you still weren't close to releasing anything when you first started up the PR machine - why should I believe this time is going to be any different? Just like October turned into May and still nothing, May could turn into Christmas right? or 2016? You guys really don't have a clue when it might be ready/worthy do you?
Old 05-26-2015, 08:01 PM   #40
Havokk
Minors (Single A)

I have to agree with Nino here their track record says it all. Fool me once and all.
Closed Thread