Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions

Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions General chat about the game...

Old 12-07-2005, 10:21 AM   #41
Klew1986
Hall Of Famer

I'm having trouble with this. I'm doing it for a solo dynasty and I get an error message right when I start the "Create the HTML" part. I tried three times last night with a friend who was also doing it and he messed up too. I followed the step-by-step thing and it still messed up. I will let you know what the error says.
Klew1986 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 10:22 AM   #42
Klew1986
Hall Of Famer

One of the pop-ups says "Type mismatch". I assume that its just a pop-up and not an error.
Klew1986 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 11:30 PM   #43
f.montoya
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klew1986
One of the pop-ups says "Type mismatch". I assume that its just a pop-up and not an error.
It's an error. But since Halofanupdate roster set could have been edited in any number of ways including transactions within the game and from an earlier version of the game(not 6.51), errors are probable.

Not being a Catobase expert, I can only advise using Catobase for leagues that are created, have transactions done and simmed, even if it's just Spring Training, 100% in OOTP 6.51. If a transaction or player prefix is recorded in the lalltrans/ltrans files variant to the way 6.51 does them, there will be errors encountered.

Asahi2 Baseball ex-Commissioner(Historical League Since 2004)
www.allsimbaseball.com (OOTP web hosting - Customized sites for online leagues - Sign up, Connect OOTP and Play!)
Share Your Mods - Free, unlimited and easy to upload to share your Mods instantly(free site registration required)
f.montoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 03:28 AM   #44
soxman
Minors (Triple A)

I want to sim a quarter of a century of a league before I start playing it.

After importing data using Catobase do I have to create the HTML each year?

Cheers.

Last edited by soxman; 12-18-2005 at 03:29 AM.
soxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 04:53 AM   #45
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by soxman

Cheers.
My recollection is that although you need to import data at the end of each individual season, you may elect to run the htmls at any time. I don't have the tab in front of me, but I believe one of the settings must include All Years or All Seasons, don't remember the exact wording.
Old 12-18-2005, 09:36 AM   #46
battists
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by soxman

Cheers.
No. Run the HTML files at the end of the 25 seasons of importing.
battists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 12:48 AM   #47
NCBeachBum
All Star Starter

Well, I scanned your tutorial (nice work, BTW) and it looks like the only difference between what I'll have to do now and what I've done with Cato the last couple of years is the switching of the alltrans and ltrans files. Not too bad at all. So..... I'm finally holding my breath and downloading 6.5.
My one question is the whole returning retirees thing. Was this finally fixed to work with Cato as the description said, or will I need to keep it turned off? I just haven't been able to find a real concensus on the matter with a search.

Oh yeah.... A 3 hour download? Damn. I guess it's been long enough since 6.12 for me to forget how long this takes.
Shame, shame on you

Last edited by NCBeachBum; 12-23-2005 at 12:54 AM.
NCBeachBum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 01:48 AM   #48
f.montoya
Hall Of Famer

Doesn't work with returning retirees, unfortunately.

www.allsimbaseball.com (OOTP web hosting - Customized sites for online leagues - Sign up, Connect OOTP and Play!)
Share Your Mods - Free, unlimited and easy to upload to share your Mods instantly(free site registration required)
Old 12-23-2005, 04:53 AM   #49
NCBeachBum
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by f.montoya
Doesn't work with returning retirees, unfortunately.
Damn, too bad.

Keep in mind that I'm pretty much a complete computer illiteridiot as you read this, but.... Is there no way around this? No way to somehow save our retired player's pages and change something when they come back to make it pick them up and continue their career?
I know the two aren't really analogous because of the OOTP-generated player IDs and pages, but I keep thinking of managers who get fired and then later hired by another team. Cato picks them right back up where they left off and just shows a gap in their managerial record. Is there no way to change a player's new ID# back to his old one when he comes back so that Cato could do the same with players? Or does the recycled numbers system completely kill that possibility?
Ah well, at least I'll have 7-day lineups, and real managerial tendencies again. Thanks again for all the good work y'all have done here, Montoya and Battist.
Shame, shame on you

NCBeachBum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 05:24 AM   #50
f.montoya
Hall Of Famer

While I had a hand in getting the tutorial up for the general OOTP population, I'm far from a Catobase expert. From what I have seen, the recycled numbers system and the retired players getting the "R" do make it a problem that I haven't seen an answer for. The man who could answer this completely, SandMan, will not be back on the boards for 3 months or so. Maybe Endgame has some understanding of the retired players issue.

Otherwise, most are holding their breath for OOTPBM 2006.

Old 12-29-2005, 01:53 AM   #51
WSR
Minors (Triple A)

Thanks for the tutorial guys.

How would I get this to pick up all my prior seasons? I'm in the 5th year of my solo league. I've backed up the league folder after each season, so what is the procedure for getting these five years to appear in the Website Reports (or is this even possible)?
WSR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 07:47 AM   #52
f.montoya
Hall Of Famer

Follow the same procedures and make sure to point Catobase at your league file from the previous season(s) instead of the main league file and you'll be fine.

Old 02-07-2006, 12:48 PM   #53
bbrown02
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Hey, thanks for all the help, but none of this worked for me. Here is what I had to do to get it to work with 6.51. I noticed that all the other years used ltrans.html and lnews.html, but the new Cato was bringing in the .txt files instead.

1. I backed up my 2011 season.
2. I ran Cato 6.14 on my 6.51 version of the 2012 season.
3. I then copied everything it created in the data folder, and copied it to a hold folder.
4. I then deleted my "0" season, it was not showing as 2012.
5. I then restored my 2011 database back up.
6. I then went into my 6.51, ran the html files.
7. I then copied ltrans.html, lnews.html, and league.html into my hold folder.
8. I copied everything from my hold folder into the data folder of Cato.
9. I unchecked in options the export to csv option.
10. I pointed my league file to the cato data directory.
11. I always get the team type mismatch, I learned a couple of seasons ago to just retype all the team abbreviations at this point.
12. It wanted my League/News/Box folder, so I copied that into the Cato data directory.
13. I ran the html reports.

You will probably have to clean up your cato data directory, delete the files that are left, it should just be the League/News/Box folder with the players sub in it.
bbrown02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 01:21 PM   #54
bbrown02
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I forgot to mention, I deleted the ltrans.txt and lnews.text from my hold folder, so sometime before step 7.
bbrown02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 06:55 AM   #55
f.montoya
Hall Of Famer

Thanks for the helpful additional info, bbrown02!

Old 03-01-2006, 04:47 PM   #56
sofla97
Minors (Double A)

Just want to say thanks for explaining the cato setup process. I could never get Catobase to work but following your instructions it now works for me. Good work guys!
sofla97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 07:33 PM   #57
kagnew35
All Star Starter

cato and 2006

As a pretty new user of ootp, this is likely a dumb question, sorry if it is. Won't the 2006 version make the need for catobase obsolite? Isn't it part of the new version, or a close copy of capabilities?

http://www.soxxcountry.com/ site with FaceGen Central and Duffys Tavern Live OOTP Chat Room
kagnew35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 08:58 PM   #58
battists
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagnew35
As a pretty new user of ootp, this is likely a dumb question, sorry if it is. Won't the 2006 version make the need for catobase obsolite? Isn't it part of the new version, or a close copy of capabilities?
That is the hope, yes. But many people won't get the new version, so this will still be useful info!
battists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 12:26 PM   #59
Guidokid
Minors (Single A)

Can somebody tell me what the cato utility is???
I am actually looking for a history utility that lists all ROY, cy young awards, past champions....i know it's out there because I had it for ootp5, but when my pc crashed & i had to reinstall 6.5, i can't find it anywhere, it might be about 2 years old?????
i'd appreciate any help on a more recent version
Guidokid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 07:41 PM   #60
sfgiants88
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guidokid
Can somebody tell me what the cato utility is???
I am actually looking for a history utility that lists all ROY, cy young awards, past champions....i know it's out there because I had it for ootp5, but when my pc crashed & i had to reinstall 6.5, i can't find it anywhere, it might be about 2 years old?????
i'd appreciate any help on a more recent version
Well, CATO can do that and much more!

Sample: http://www.ssbl.net/history/
sfgiants88 is offline   Reply With Quote