Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 10-09-2019, 11:00 AM   #1
jabrown6940
Minors (Triple A)

How did this player get on my DFA list?

Regular seasons last game was on 10/9/1918. Off season began on 10/19 and on that same day I got a popup box that tells me that I've get a player on the DFA that needs to be assigned. I am playing a historical game as GM for the Red Sox and handle all signings and did not sign this player.

Looking at the player's history I find the following;
12/01/1917: Drafted in the 1917 first-year player draft by the St. Louis Browns (Round 1, Pick 1, Pick 4, 4th overall pick).
12/17/1917: Became a minor league free agent. ... Retired from professional baseball (storyline).

Ok, so I've had OOTP 9,10,11,12,16,18, but never really had much time to play them because of work. I've never had this happen before. I tried looking up storyline in the manual but nothing comes up when I search. Can anyone clue me in on what is going on? Thanks.

Edit: There were two players on the DFA and after further research I find this (from "Real Life Stats");
Waite Hoyt, the player noted above became a Red Sox player in 1919 (in 1918 be played for the NY Giants).
Paul Musser, the other player on my DFA list became a Red Sox player in 1919 also (in 1912 he played for the Washington Senators). In my game he retired in 1914 after the Senators released him.

I would have to conclude that whenever a player (maybe just pitchers, as these two are) retire, in the game, before they are finished with their actual career will be put on the DFA of their true life team on the first Real Life History year available. These players should probably be included in first-year player draft of the year they come back. Note (in the game): According to the news story, Waite Hoyt decide to follow his parents advice to accept the basketball scholarship and go to college. Funny thing is that at 6' tall Waite found out all too soon that playing basketball probably wasn't the best idea. He should have showed up in the 1919 draft though.

Just thought I should mention this. Thanks again.

Last edited by jabrown6940; 10-09-2019 at 11:57 AM.
jabrown6940 is offline   Reply With Quote