Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - Historical Simulations

OOTP 20 - Historical Simulations Discuss historical simulations and their results in this forum.

Old 09-16-2019, 12:03 PM   #21
Buster Cherry
Minors (Triple A)

1902 Season Finally Over

The St. Louis Browns finished with an 84-52 record good for 2nd place in the AL 8 games behind the Bahstan Pootbeaners. All in all, it was a much better year than most pundits anticipated. Certainly a better year than my owner anticipated. His goal for the season was not to suck completely. It's sad losing out to those damn Pootbeaners and their trashy fans. They brought their Royal Rooters singing section to St. Louis for the final series of the season between them and the Browns and a brawl broke out in the stands between them and a group of our fans. Owner Jimmy "the Rat" Egan had all the Bahstan fans ejected from the grounds.

The first move I made after the season was to fire our troublesome bench coach, Big Tim Harrington, and replace him with Sam Thompson, whom I'd signed midway through last season as a player coach. Harrington reportedly went to Jimmy Egan and pleaded for his job back but the Rat told him that I was in charge of all the hiring and firing decisions. He gave Big Tim a job in one of his saloons as a consolation.

Our players received some post-season honors. Johnny Evers got AL Rookie of the Year whilst Jesse Burkett was crowned AL Batting Champ and AL MVP. Jack Powell finished runner-up for the AL Cy Young Award behind, who else, Cy Young. Rumor has it that some well placed bribes by the Bahstan owner swayed a couple of undecided voters on the committee. Can't wait until Harry Frazee buys that club but I'm getting way, way ahead of myself here.

Immediately after the season I swapped third basemen with Detroit. We should be getting a slight upgrade based on last year's stats. The winter meetings and the draft are coming up so I'll check in periodically.

Last edited by Buster Cherry; 09-16-2019 at 05:45 PM.
Buster Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 05:44 PM   #22
Buster Cherry
Minors (Triple A)

Just completed my first big deal of the off-season. I sent 23 year old pitching prospect Barney Pelty to the defending NL Champion Pirates for 20 game winner Sam Leever. I would have given the Buccos more for Leever but Pelty is who they said they wanted.
Old 09-20-2019, 10:57 PM   #23
Buster Cherry
Minors (Triple A)

Spring has sprung and so have the 1903 St. Louis Browns. The Browns were 13-13 in spring training. .500 just like last season. BNN has us picked fourth in the AL behind the Bahstan Pootbeaners, the Philadelphia A's, and the Noo Yawk Highlanders. I think we'll contend but injuries would be a problem as our depth is questionable. Another worry is Jesse Burkett. Yes, I know he was AL Batting Champ last season but he's also 34 years old. Just how many seasons does he have left in him? My owner only wants to see .500 ball and I think this team can manage that.

We shall see what we shall see.

Last edited by Buster Cherry; 09-20-2019 at 10:59 PM.