Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > MLB Manager 2018 > MLB Manager Mods

Old 05-06-2011, 12:45 PM   #1
Zhariken
Bat Boy

New iOOTP Authentic Logo Pack

Hi everyone!

I just wanted to share the set of logos I've adapted to use in my iOOTP universe. I wasn't a big fan of the circular logo look, and I feel these are a lot more visually pleasing and crisp on the screen.

I take no credit whatsoever for these, they were originally a pack released by DCHelper25, made available on PadresFan's website. In the readme, DCHelper25 thanks some folks for their work as well, so a lot of different individuals put time into this before I ever found it.

With that said, all the logos have been renamed to properly replace the default ones. I've also included the AL, NL and MLB logos, and they all translate perfectly!

If you'd like a preview of the images, the original post can be found here.

Feel free to post/share/distribute this as much as you please, I request no credit for this release.

Click Here to Download iOOTP Authentic Logos.zip
Zhariken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 10:37 PM   #2
imdakine1
Minors (Rookie Ball)

logos

Great job! Thanks... Looks amazing...
imdakine1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 12:06 PM   #3
Donevyn
Major Leagues

So you use this using the iPhone Explorer?

Thanks!
Donevyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 10:51 PM   #4
Joe Shlabotnick
Minors (Triple A)

OK, I'm using an I-Pad (first gen) with the latest update, and IPhone Explorer for Windows.

I can open up the I-Pad files on my computer, and I see the Logos subdirectory where I am supposed to drop my new logos.

However, I cannot Cut-and-Paste the Logos into IPhone Explorer. When I right-click in the space for pasting or on the Logos file, I get two choices: Delete Selected or Add New Folder.

I have no option to drop/paste/cut the files onto my Ipad using IPhone Explorer.

Help!
Old 05-08-2011, 10:55 PM   #5
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

Drag and drop the files from Windows Explorer.
pstrickert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 10:57 PM   #6
Joe Shlabotnick
Minors (Triple A)

Thanks.
Old 05-15-2011, 10:40 PM   #7
tcison
Bat Boy

Can't find logos to replace

I tried putting the new logos in:
iOOTP 2011/iOOTP2011.app/iOOTPData/logos folder, but there were no logos there that matched. Just two weird ones...bulldogs and dolphins.

So I guess I'm not in the right spot. Looked a lot before posting, and could not find where to put new logos. Please help.

Tc

I found them. They are in:
iOOTP 2011/Documents/iOOTP2011/saved_games/Game 1.lg/news/html/images folder

Last edited by tcison; 05-15-2011 at 10:47 PM. Reason: I found it.
tcison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 11:15 PM   #8
iBrandon
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcison View Post
I tried putting the new logos in:
iOOTP 2011/iOOTP2011.app/iOOTPData/logos folder, but there were no logos there that matched. Just two weird ones...bulldogs and dolphins.

So I guess I'm not in the right spot. Looked a lot before posting, and could not find where to put new logos. Please help.

Tc

I found them. They are in:
iOOTP 2011/Documents/iOOTP2011/saved_games/Game 1.lg/news/html/images folder
Putting them in the folder you did, each time you start a new league you'll have to replace the folders.

Putting the logos in the folder with the two weird ones keeps the logos there each time you start a new MLB league.
iBrandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 01:11 PM   #9
tcison
Bat Boy

Thanks. What is the exact path to avoid this? I don't follow where the weird ones are kept.
tcison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 04:36 PM   #10
Hellenstone
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcison View Post
What is the exact path to avoid this?
Until 1.02 the path was: iOOTP 2011/iOOTP2011.app/iOOTPData/logos

But since 1.02 something concerning the creation of the logos has been changed (see my thread "New logos names since version 1.02???")! As far as I know the only way to use logos now is to create new save game and overwrite created fictional logos...

Last edited by Hellenstone; 05-30-2011 at 04:39 PM.
Hellenstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 08:15 PM   #11
tc66tc
Minors (Single A)

Here is a fix to the problem. The new (1.02+) 2011 quickstart database does not include teams nicknames. Because of this the game will not pull the proper logos for the teams.

To fix it you need to copy a version on teams.dat to the 2011 quickstart directory that has the nicknames included with it. Once it is in the 2011 quickstart directory it will then start to look for the teamname_nickname files again in the default logos directory.

Here is a link to a corrected teams.dat file:
teams.dat

It needs to be copied into:
iOOTP2011.app/iOOTPData/historical_quickstarts_2011Season.quick

After that just start a new league and all should be good again.

Let me know if you need anymore clarification on the instructions they might be a little murky for some.

P.S if you want to copy the file and host it else where or update the first post in the thread with this info I have no problems with it. Just trying to help everyone out.
tc66tc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 02:33 PM   #12
WSR
Minors (Triple A)

When I try to drag and drop the logos from Windows Explorer to the Ipad using Iphone Explorer, I get the circle with the line through it and can't move the logos. It's as if the Ipad is locked. Is there a step I'm missing? Thanks.
WSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 11:19 PM   #13
gekko485
Bat Boy

Have only had my Ipad for a week. When i plug my ipad into my computer via the usb port, my computer recognized the ipad, but doesn't display any folders or files. Is there another approach to this?
Thanks.
gekko485 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 07:05 PM   #14
Joe Shlabotnick
Minors (Triple A)

Can these Logos work with a historical league?

1976, for example.

I'm trying, but not succeeding.

Is there a trick?

In the generic Logos file, I now have each logo TWICE... once with the CITY ONLY, and once with CITY plus NICKNAME (for example, Atlanta, and Atlanta_Braves).

I start a quick-start and the logos dont' take.

I put the "team.dat" file linked above into the 1976 folder. no luck. into the 2011 folder. No luck.

Last edited by Joe Shlabotnick; 07-21-2011 at 07:33 PM.
Joe Shlabotnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 10:08 PM   #15
DaMaddGenius
Minors (Rookie Ball)

iphone explorer fail

Hello all. I'm very new to this, but love the game already. But my problem comes with iphone explorer. Every time I connect my iphone to my pc with the program open is says "iphone explorer has encountered a user defined break point" and then shuts the program down. I have tried numerous uninstalls, restarts, shut offs. Still nothing. I would very much appreciate help with this so I can have logos. Thanks
DaMaddGenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 05:59 PM   #16
Klew1986
Hall Of Famer

I can't get this to work. I did the steps with the update where I place the teams.dat into the quick start folder, but when I go to start a new game it still brings up the old logos.
Klew1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 01:54 AM   #17
HavenHunting
Minors (Double A)

Hopefully something will change to make this easier.
HavenHunting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 03:48 PM   #18
Joe Shlabotnick
Minors (Triple A)

That "Team.dat" solution worked at one point, but I can't make it work now.

However, the following works for me, for historical or 2011 leagues:

1) Make sure all the logos are named with the CITY ONLY, not the team nickname. For example, the Cincinnati Reds' logo name needs to be cincinnati. I believe you have to re-name all the logs in the download.

2) Set up your league and save. Leave the game.

3) Connect Ipad to your computer. Use IPhone Explorer to drop your re-named logos into the following folder on the Ipad:

iOOTP 2011/Documents/iOOTP2011/saved_games/Game 1.lg/news/html/images

Cut or Copy functions will not work. Use a "drag" function.

All the logos that OOTP provides will now be replaced with the downloaded logos. You can even double-check by clicking on one.

4) Seems to not "take" unless you turn off your I-pad and restart it. So do that!
Old 08-27-2011, 12:26 AM   #19
pb4201
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Shlabotnick View Post
That "Team.dat" solution worked at one point, but I can't make it work now.

However, the following works for me, for historical or 2011 leagues:

1) Make sure all the logos are named with the CITY ONLY, not the team nickname. For example, the Cincinnati Reds' logo name needs to be cincinnati. I believe you have to re-name all the logs in the download.

2) Set up your league and save. Leave the game.

3) Connect Ipad to your computer. Use IPhone Explorer to drop your re-named logos into the following folder on the Ipad:

iOOTP 2011/Documents/iOOTP2011/saved_games/Game 1.lg/news/html/images

Cut or Copy functions will not work. Use a "drag" function.

All the logos that OOTP provides will now be replaced with the downloaded logos. You can even double-check by clicking on one.

4) Seems to not "take" unless you turn off your I-pad and restart it. So do that!
Hey this worked great....however now when I play a game there is no background ballpark image. Any idea on how I can get this to show up again?

It's also not showing up on files I havent even touched....
pb4201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 03:40 AM   #20
Hellenstone
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaMaddGenius View Post
Hello all. I'm very new to this, but love the game already. But my problem comes with iphone explorer. Every time I connect my iphone to my pc with the program open is says "iphone explorer has encountered a user defined break point" and then shuts the program down. I have tried numerous uninstalls, restarts, shut offs. Still nothing. I would very much appreciate help with this so I can have logos. Thanks
Same for me since around 3 weeks... didn't change anything...?!