Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - New to the Game?
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 16 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 06-13-2015, 06:16 PM   #1
towerbooks3192
Minors (Single A)

How to I assess and evaluate my team and their performance?

So I started a fictional league, grab a team and play it. I asked around the forums on some pointers on how I should set up my squad and tried to do it but got lazy and let the bench coach do it. I tried to add some free agents on positions I think would be appropriate for my team.

I am around a few months in to the season and I have seen some victories and defeats but mostly defeat. How do I evaluate my team and their performance and try to do something about it?

Also where should I start if I want to learn how to evaluate players based on their stats instead of rating?

Also, what I mean by assessing performance, what should I look at when I am reviewing the game logs and box score?

Last edited by towerbooks3192; 06-13-2015 at 06:30 PM. Reason: additional info
towerbooks3192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 09:31 PM   #2
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

I haven't said this in a while, and this sounds like a good place to bring it up again. Go to the Dynasty Reports forum and dig in. The reports there are a great tutorial and walkthrough for the game. Read a few and you will get a lot of ideas.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 11:02 PM   #3
CameronB
Bat Boy

I often look at where my team ranks relative to the league in most of the major categories to see what flaws I have.

Another way I evaluate players is contract vs WAR gives me a good idea of production value.

If your team is struggling perhaps you should focus on building towards the future, and remaining financially flexible.
CameronB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 11:44 PM   #4
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Win loss record is all that matter eventually. If you know your team nothing should surprise you.

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 04:11 AM   #5
edl129
Minors (Rookie Ball)

- Info tab on your team's homepage shows how your squad rack up in different categories such as runs scored, earned run average, etc. It'll give you a good idea of your team's strengths and weaknesses.

- Read up on stats to get a general idea on how they work -

http://www.fangraphs.com/library/off...tatistics-list

- You'll need depth to winconsistently.. a good way is by stocking your farm with SS, CF, C, SP, or just quality players overall. Once in awhile you might go all in for a chance at a deep playoff run.

Last edited by edl129; 06-14-2015 at 04:25 AM.
edl129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 06:28 AM   #6
towerbooks3192
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
I haven't said this in a while, and this sounds like a good place to bring it up again. Go to the Dynasty Reports forum and dig in. The reports there are a great tutorial and walkthrough for the game. Read a few and you will get a lot of ideas.
Do you have any Dynasty report to recommend in particular?

As for stats, I know there is some glossary of some sort but I don't know which one to look at in assessing individual positions.
towerbooks3192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 10:27 AM   #7
AdvocateForLucifer
Bat Boy

I'm reading his Orcin Dynasty right now. It's pretty much perfect. Though there's a bit too much exposition for me to take it seriously as literature.
AdvocateForLucifer is offline   Reply With Quote