Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 07-13-2019, 03:07 AM   #1
OldFatGuy
All Star Starter

No Box Scores in Live Format?

I just tried the "Live" format (or whatever it's called) for the very first time. You know, where you start a game and it starts as of this very minute based on real life?

Anyway, it was pretty cool as it had the Nats 4-0 victory over the Phillies as their last game played and the days date as Jul 13. Pretty impressive.

But none of the boxscores for the year show up. I always get the message shown below. Anyone know why? I didn't touch anything, change anything, so everything was at "default" (or as shipped, as in fact this was the Steam version of the game and the very first time I had played the Steam version).
Attached Images
Old 07-16-2019, 07:48 PM   #2
OldFatGuy
All Star Starter

So nobody else is having this issue? Or is this "normal"??? Meaning Live Start includes stats and records but not box scores? That seems odd to me.

Again, this was the first time I had played the Steam version and changed nothing. So everything was at default.... so maybe this is normal? None of the box scores for any of the teams show up. I can go to their team schedule and click on an old score.... or to the league schedule... doesn't matter, I get that same message.

It really seems odd to me if Live Start included all of the up to date stats and rosters and records yet didn't include the season's box scores up to that date.
Old 07-16-2019, 07:51 PM   #3
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Go to league setup, Global Settings Tab - check to make sure you have "save box scores selected and for the appropriate league from the drop down.
Attached Images
Bluenoser is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 07:56 PM   #4
OldFatGuy
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenoser View Post
Go to league setup, Global Settings Tab - check to make sure you have "save box scores selected and for the appropriate league from the drop down.

Yes, it says All Major Leagues. As I said, this was the first time I fired up the Steam version, I created a Live Start game and changed nothing. Haven't even advanced a day. I was so impressed that it was about 2:00 AM the other night and it actually included the results from that night. But.... no box scores. Or at least that's the message I get whenever I try to look at one.

ADDED: Okay, I just checked the folder under My Documents that the message on the screen references... and sure enough the Box Scores folder is completely empty.

Last edited by OldFatGuy; 07-16-2019 at 08:01 PM.
OldFatGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 08:00 PM   #5
OldFatGuy
All Star Starter

Is there anyone else here with the Steam version that could just do a quick experiment and create a Live Start game and see if they get box scores up to that date or not?
Old 07-16-2019, 09:56 PM   #6
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

We do not have game by game box scores for live start games. While we have the stats for the games already played, generating an ootp-specific Boxscore for them is much more complicated.
Matt Arnold is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 11:28 PM   #7
OldFatGuy
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
We do not have game by game box scores for live start games. While we have the stats for the games already played, generating an ootp-specific Boxscore for them is much more complicated.

Ah, okay. THANK YOU. I was worried something was wrong. lol

That was really impressive though that within probably an hour or two of the final game ending that evening when I started, all games and stats up to that point were included. Blew my mind away as I figured it would probably be one day behind. Nope. Right up to the minute.
Old 07-17-2019, 05:47 AM   #8
PocketsAintFull
All Star Starter

Ah. I think the fact the game loads files with 'boxscore' in the name probably confuses in that case

(edit: I agree about how cool it is btw, loaded an Angels live start yesterday. Although, I haven't played a game yet, and they won last night, so should I load a new one? )

Last edited by PocketsAintFull; 07-17-2019 at 05:52 AM.
PocketsAintFull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 07:44 AM   #9
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketsAintFull View Post
Ah. I think the fact the game loads files with 'boxscore' in the name probably confuses in that case

(edit: I agree about how cool it is btw, loaded an Angels live start yesterday. Although, I haven't played a game yet, and they won last night, so should I load a new one? )
Yeah, we load boxscores from our service provider, but they're obviously not in the same format as we use.
Matt Arnold is online now   Reply With Quote