Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Logos, Graphics, and HTML

Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2019, 11:01 AM   #1001
low
Hall Of Famer

Windsor Whistlers

Alternate jerseys...
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image 
Old 01-29-2019, 12:19 AM   #1002
kjb023
Major Leagues

Not losing any steam at all, that Windsor team is one of my favorites.
Old 01-29-2019, 01:35 PM   #1003
low
Hall Of Famer

Kent Comets

Logo...
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image 
Old 01-29-2019, 01:36 PM   #1004
low
Hall Of Famer

Kent Comets

Caps...
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image 
Old 01-29-2019, 01:36 PM   #1005
low
Hall Of Famer

Kent Comets

Home and away jerseys...
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image 
Old 01-29-2019, 01:37 PM   #1006
low
Hall Of Famer

Kent Comets

Alternate jerseys...
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image 
Old 01-29-2019, 01:37 PM   #1007
low
Hall Of Famer

Gatineau Tigers

Logos...
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image 
Old 01-29-2019, 01:38 PM   #1008
low
Hall Of Famer

Gatineau Tigers

Caps...
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image 
Old 01-29-2019, 01:38 PM   #1009
low
Hall Of Famer

Gatineau Tigers

Home and away jerseys...
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image 
Old 01-29-2019, 01:39 PM   #1010
low
Hall Of Famer

Gatineau Tigers

Alternate jerseys...
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image 
Old 01-29-2019, 04:24 PM   #1011
chey
Minors (Triple A)

Those are SHARP! Especially the Comets.
Old 01-29-2019, 08:45 PM   #1012
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by low View Post
Alternate jerseys...
Will be using the Tigers for many leagues.
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

Old 01-29-2019, 11:08 PM   #1013
Imperialism32
Major Leagues

I posted version 1 of my quickstart using these logos:

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=298183
Old 01-30-2019, 02:00 AM   #1014
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

Location: Somewhere in the United States of America on God's Earth
The DH-related setups are not necessarily better obviously than non-DH-related setups, at least from a strategic point of view, I think. If I were the Commissioner of baseball, I'd do all I could to see an end to the practice of using a DH in games needlessly, at all levels possible. Pitchers need to hit, in my view, like they used to be able to do.

And all this nonsense of using five or six-man rotations as a general rule is quite ridiculous, as well. Let the better players pitch more than they do now, and quit babying them, in essence, just because they make millions of dollars now every year, on average. At this rate, many of the longer-lasting pitching records will never be broken because people don't pitch enough to get enough work, and all.

Even if you have to add two expansion teams, and divide Major League Baseball into four smaller leagues, so that each league has eight teams in it, it might be better for the game in the long run. I'd shorten the season down to 154 games per team, with only the league winners advancing to the playoffs, for added intensity in the playoff races, like we once often saw in the pre-Expansion and pre-relocation of teams to other North American cities.

I'd restore all 16 of the Classic teams to their proper locations as best as possible, and then go from there as appropriate, splitting the remaining 14 teams plus two expansion teams into two other leagues, as best as possible. And reconfigure the entire minor league system to better fit with the new MLB setup, for starters. The new leagues would take on either old names that were once in use in MLB history, or likely use entirely new ones.

Of course, others may choose to agree or disagree with my thoughts about things like this. But personally, I still think that it's more fun and challenging to see pitchers hit and more strategic to have games with no DH present for any reason whatsoever. Besides, if the pitchers hit, it's less likely, I think, that we'll see things get way out of hand between teams because they'll be able to better police what happens on the field between them both at any time or times. I don't know about you, but I typically enjoy games more when they're pitchers' duels instead of outright slugfests, more often than not.

Give me pitchers who can go at least seven strong innings before turning the ball over to someone like Sutter or Quisenberry or Isringhausen, for example, and great defense and speed, without too much bullpen usage or sabermetric nonsense, or ridiculously low pitch counts and all, and I'm often happier in terms of games, I think. We don't need half of a standard 25-man roster, on average, at least, being made up of pitchers, most of which don't last for more than a few batters, at most, for sure.

Well, that's enough to talk about here, I think, for now, at least. CD out.
Old 01-30-2019, 07:45 AM   #1015
Imperialism32
Major Leagues

Not gonna derail this thread with DH talk, but my tongue was firmly in my cheek with the DH comment. I'm a fan of an AL team, so I prefer the DH. That's all there is to it
Old 01-30-2019, 07:51 AM   #1016
Germaniac
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clovidequano Dovatha View Post
The DH-related setups are not necessarily better obviously than non-DH-related setups, at least from a strategic point of view, I think. If I were the Commissioner of baseball, I'd do all I could to see an end to the practice of using a DH in games needlessly, at all levels possible. Pitchers need to hit, in my view, like they used to be able to do.

And all this nonsense of using five or six-man rotations as a general rule is quite ridiculous, as well. Let the better players pitch more than they do now, and quit babying them, in essence, just because they make millions of dollars now every year, on average. At this rate, many of the longer-lasting pitching records will never be broken because people don't pitch enough to get enough work, and all.

Even if you have to add two expansion teams, and divide Major League Baseball into four smaller leagues, so that each league has eight teams in it, it might be better for the game in the long run. I'd shorten the season down to 154 games per team, with only the league winners advancing to the playoffs, for added intensity in the playoff races, like we once often saw in the pre-Expansion and pre-relocation of teams to other North American cities.

I'd restore all 16 of the Classic teams to their proper locations as best as possible, and then go from there as appropriate, splitting the remaining 14 teams plus two expansion teams into two other leagues, as best as possible. And reconfigure the entire minor league system to better fit with the new MLB setup, for starters. The new leagues would take on either old names that were once in use in MLB history, or likely use entirely new ones.

Of course, others may choose to agree or disagree with my thoughts about things like this. But personally, I still think that it's more fun and challenging to see pitchers hit and more strategic to have games with no DH present for any reason whatsoever. Besides, if the pitchers hit, it's less likely, I think, that we'll see things get way out of hand between teams because they'll be able to better police what happens on the field between them both at any time or times. I don't know about you, but I typically enjoy games more when they're pitchers' duels instead of outright slugfests, more often than not.

Give me pitchers who can go at least seven strong innings before turning the ball over to someone like Sutter or Quisenberry or Isringhausen, for example, and great defense and speed, without too much bullpen usage or sabermetric nonsense, or ridiculously low pitch counts and all, and I'm often happier in terms of games, I think. We don't need half of a standard 25-man roster, on average, at least, being made up of pitchers, most of which don't last for more than a few batters, at most, for sure.

Well, that's enough to talk about here, I think, for now, at least. CD out.
What does this post have to do with low's work in this thread?

Correct, absolutely nothing.

Why don't you put your thoughts about DH or no DH where it belongs, to the General Discussion-board?
that might not be a satisfactory answer.

Happy Chandler, 1947
Old 01-30-2019, 09:35 AM   #1017
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

Location: Somewhere in the United States of America on God's Earth
Sorry, it was late, I was probably tired, and I saw the other thread, so that stirred something in me, no doubt, folks. Leading to the above post, unfortunately. I'll try to avoid that sort of thing in the future. It was about midnight my time then. When I'm tired, I don't always think things through before I act or say something or write something, sorry to say. If I'd been more alert, and if it might have been earlier when I'd seen Imp's post or posts, I'm sure I would have not made the above post, or at least not in THIS thread. I apologize for making it as I did here, especially to low. Please forgive me, I'm not perfect, but I'll still try to do better here when I see others' posts here on the forums. CD out.

Last edited by Clovidequano Dovatha; 01-30-2019 at 09:37 AM.
Old 01-30-2019, 02:41 PM   #1018
low
Hall Of Famer

Allentown Mad Dogs

Logos...
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image 
Old 01-30-2019, 02:41 PM   #1019
low
Hall Of Famer

Allentown Mad Dogs

Caps...