Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: New to the game?

Earlier versions of OOTP: New to the game? A place for all new Out of the Park Baseball fans to ask questions about the game.

Old 09-15-2011, 10:57 PM   #1
Irrelevant Dude
Minors (Triple A)

You do not have enough money available.

I am having a hell of a time with contract offers. Can anyone explain this? I have $13,238,550 available for free agents, but my offer of $12,500,000 in the 2012 season is being rejected because it says I don't have enough money available.

Irrelevant Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 11:37 PM   #2
Chicagofan76
Banned

Infractions: 2/2 (3)
I had this happen recently on 11 for an online league. I had 27 mil avail for FA, but could not offer BJ Upton a 4 yr 17 per deal. Which is odd since my payroll drops by 14 million after my current season.
Chicagofan76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 01:10 PM   #3
Irrelevant Dude
Minors (Triple A)

So am I doing something wrong or is this another case of the game not calculating financials correctly?
Old 09-16-2011, 01:35 PM   #4
CUBEicle
Minors (Single A)

Do other players on your team have escalating contracts? My only guess is that your projected budget somewhere down the line is not large enough to sustain such a contract.
CUBEicle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 01:45 PM   #5
Irrelevant Dude
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CUBEicle View Post
Do other players on your team have escalating contracts? My only guess is that your projected budget somewhere down the line is not large enough to sustain such a contract.
No. That would be a different message (not enough money in the budget in a future year). The problem is with year #1.
Old 09-17-2011, 09:47 AM   #6
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

I wonder if the negative cash might be blocking the offer. Try using the commish mode to give yourself a small positive cash balance intead of negative.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 12:03 PM   #7
Chicagofan76
Banned

Infractions: 2/2 (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
I wonder if the negative cash might be blocking the offer. Try using the commish mode to give yourself a small positive cash balance intead of negative.
I didn't even notice that the 1st time, but I am still on 11.that makes more sense.
Chicagofan76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 11:22 PM   #8
Irrelevant Dude
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
Good call, thanks. I gave myself $1 and then was allowed to make the offer.

So is it intended that a team with negative cash cannot make an offer to any players even if they are within the budget? Having $1 really doesn't make Prince fielder much more affordable to me than if I had -$1,000,000. Either way I would have been able to afford his salary.