Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Title Bout Championship Boxing > TBCB Mods
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-14-2018, 06:37 PM   #1741
Rocco Del Sesto
Hall Of Famer

January 1958

JANUARY 1958 RING
Sunday 29, September 1957
Brussels, Bruxelles-Capitale, Belgium

Jean Malcorps 4 0 1 W PTS 6/6 Michel Dinot 4 10 3

We next take a swing over to Brussels, Belgium. Most the action in this four fight show is lower division but we do have this one Cruiserweight (LHW as they called the lesser heavy division in Europe back then). Malcorps ended defeating the "dour" French cruiser in six. This was the Belgium's one lone non stoppage victory of the 9 in his career shown in BoxRec. Malcorps is one of those guys who can be difficult to rate with so few fights but a very high percentage of his wins stopping his opponent. Have to be careful to not overpower the guy.Would think he must of had some punch to his swings, but the KO's mounted up I'm sure against guys with just no resistance to taking punches.

Minot is a guy I actually rated a long time ago.Not much about him at all. I down rated him a good amount from my earlier day rating. He actually got the chance to fight Schoppner twice, Rocco Mazzola, Paul Roux, Gilbert Chapron and Helmut Ball, all of them early in their career.
Attached Files
File Type: tbdx3 Dinot_Michel_LHW_Retired_Prime.tbdx3 (1.7 KB, 68 views)
File Type: tbdx3 Malcorps_Jean_LHW_Retired_Prime.tbdx3 (1.8 KB, 66 views)
Rocco Del Sesto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 09:02 PM   #1742
Rocco Del Sesto
Hall Of Famer

January 1958

JANUARY 1958 RING
Thursday 3, October 1957
Padua, Veneto, Italy

Federico Friso 13 1 2 W KO 2/8 Al Bernard 19 16 3

Parish's short account mentions the two fighters slugging it out apparently from the get go until Friso lands a "tremendous right hook in the solar plexus" to knock out Bernard. Parish also then mentions a cruiser fight between an Antonio Pippa and Angelo Grego. Found that this was actually fought in Padua but on the previous day, Oct 2nd. I'll cover this fight next.

Federico Friso is an Italian HW who fought through the mid 50's through the mid 60's who held the Italian HW Title after defeating Bruno Scarabellin for it and then lost it to Rocco Mazzola. Friso's career record did not end up that overly impressive at 22-28-8, but you look at his fight record and he fought many of the better known European heavies of the time and doing so was stopped only one time, that an 8th round TKO to Dave Rent. I'd rated Friso some time way back when in the days of TB1. So we take the opportunity to do some updating of him.

Al Bernard was a Belgium heavyweight who fought for the Belgium HW title 5 different times. Tells you something about Belgium boxing back then I guess at least in the heavy division. He won the title once in those 5 title bouts. Named his file Bernard_Belg to differentiate with MW Al Bernard.
Attached Files
File Type: tbdx3 Bernard_Belg_Al_HW_Retired_Prime.tbdx3 (2.5 KB, 61 views)
File Type: tbdx3 Friso_Federico_HW_Retired_Prime.tbdx3 (2.9 KB, 67 views)
Old 01-17-2018, 11:22 AM   #1743
Cap
Hall Of Famer

Shows you the effects of perspective. Looking at it from Muhammad Ali and Joe Louis thousands of boxers look like bums. When you look at it from a regional perspective you have guys who look pretty good even dominating. Two guys who look equally bad can, from a closer perspective, look really different. One guy can whip the other nine times out of ten, but when he moves up in class his weaknesses are exposed.

Cap
Old 01-17-2018, 07:41 PM   #1744
Rocco Del Sesto
Hall Of Famer

January 1958

JANUARY 1958 RING
Wednesday 2, October 1957
Padua, Veneto, Italy

Antonio Sergio Pippa 3 7 2 W PTS 6/6 Angelo Grego 3 10 2

As promised, here is a cruiser matchup in Padua covered by Charlie Parish along with his coverage of the Friso / Bernard HW bout the next day. Not much here to cover. These two you see fought to a 6 round decision for Pippa. Parish writes Pippa up only as Antonio Pippa. Pippa started as a Middleweight and I've included both MW and LHW ratings though not much difference in them. Pippa did manage to stay on his feet and finish all his fights though loosing more of them than winning.
Attached Files
File Type: tbdx3 Grego_Angelo_LHW_Retired_Prime.tbdx3 (1.7 KB, 67 views)
File Type: tbdx3 Pippa_AntonioSergio_LHW_Retired_Prime.tbdx3 (2.4 KB, 64 views)
Old 01-18-2018, 07:59 PM   #1745
Rocco Del Sesto
Hall Of Famer

January 1958

JANUARY 1958 RING
Friday 4, October 1957
Messuhalli, Helsinki, Finland

Pekka Kokkonen debut W KO 1/6 Georges Bracco 5 10 5

The fight card this night in Helsinki featured lighter divisions competition mostly in the first program to be staged in the Finnish capital in six years. There was though a fight billed as a cruiser matchup featuring middleweight Georges Bracco native of Martinique who toiled his career out of France and Europe, never amounting to much vs a newcomer from Finland Pekka Kokkonen making his professional debut. Kokkonen dispense of Bracco knocking him out in the 1st round, sending Bracco it would appear into retirement. Pekka meanwhile launched his career he fashioned into a top 10 European ranked LHW for much of the 1960s. Ring ranked him also much of that time in it's world rankings as a class B and A tier LWH.

The attached file of Pekka is the TBCB3 rating with just a little fighter info and Bio additions. Bracco I actually rating him years ago for a TC fighter rating. I redid him quite a bit having more record of his career available now in BoxRec.
Attached Files
File Type: tbdx3 Kokkonen_Pekka_LHW_Retired_Prime.tbdx3 (2.1 KB, 77 views)
File Type: tbdx3 Bracco_Georges_MW_Retired_Prime.tbdx3 (1.9 KB, 74 views)
Old 01-20-2018, 07:14 PM   #1746
Rocco Del Sesto
Hall Of Famer

January 1958

JANUARY 1958 RING
Thursday 3, October 1957
Ghent, Oost-Vlaanderen, Belgium

Jean Van Kerschaver 2 0 1 W PTS 6/6 Constant Plut 4 2 0

Main action this evening in Ghent was a some "middles" and a "lightie eight". Parish gives a quick account of Jean Van Kerschaver of France besting Belgium Constant Plut i 6 round cruiser fight. BoxRec lists this as a middleweight matchup. They have Kerschaver listed as a MW though as I note in his record Bio he fought all others who are noted as LHWs. For that reason I have him as a light heavy.
Attached Files
File Type: tbdx3 Plut_Constant_LHW_Retired_Prime.tbdx3 (1.8 KB, 68 views)
File Type: tbdx3 VanKerschaver_Jean_LHW_Retired_Prime.tbdx3 (2.0 KB, 63 views)
Old 01-24-2018, 09:20 PM   #1747
Rocco Del Sesto
Hall Of Famer

January 1958

JANUARY 1958 RING
Thursday 3, October 1957
Bologna, Emilia Romagna, Italy

Bruno Scarabellin 8 0 0 W TKO 5/10 Antonio Crosia 14 4 1

A couple "Big" heavyweight match ups in Bologna, Italy this October 3rd in 1957. Now with this posting I'm going to cover just this fight Scarabellin vs Crosia. The other fight is Franco Cavicchi vs Albert Westphal, two of the really top European heavyweights. Cavicchi already a top 10 fighter in Europe while Westphal would be quickly joining that group.Both of them are rated by the TBCB3 group, but looking at their careers, I have quite a few of their opponents in by data base, so I think I'll take a little time to carry out the some what daunting task to build play schedules for both of them and do a little play testing. See how their come out with their current ratings. So I work on those next. In the mean time wanted to get something up on the boards here with Scarabellin and Crosia, both of whom I"d rated some time ago this this Forum sometime around 2004-2005. I've gone through again, taking my files on these two and updated them with any new info I could find and added some Bio info hope you might find worth reading. I did some adjustments and new play testing with them so the ratings are a bit updated.

Charlie Parish's account of the is short and sweet, noting that "Big Bruno Scarabellin" pretty much had his way beating up on Crosia leading Antonio's corner to throw in the towel in the 5th. There is more of Charlie's write up on this card pertaining to the Cavicchi/Westphal bout. He also corvers in the same paragraph recounting Bruno and Antonio's fight accounts on three other light and middleweight bouts. It writes like these three fights were on the same card with the heavyweights, but BoxRec shows up these three fights in Bologna, the day before? Kind of sketching at time following the recording of these bouts between the Ring and BoxRec. Not always corresponding exactly.

Oh well see back a few here in Bologna for Frank and Albert.
Attached Files
File Type: tbdx3 Crosia_Antonio_HW_Retired_Prime.tbdx3 (2.2 KB, 66 views)
File Type: tbdx3 Scarabellin_Bruno_HW_Retired_Prime.tbdx3 (2.5 KB, 79 views)
Old 01-27-2018, 07:43 PM   #1748
Rocco Del Sesto
Hall Of Famer

January 1958

JANUARY 1958 RING
Thursday 3, October 1957
Bologna, Emilia Romagna, Italy

Franco Cavicchi 47 6 2 W KO 9/10 Albert Westphal 8 4 0

Finally finished getting schedules put in of Cavicchi's and Westphal's lengthy careers to just just a little play testing. I will say Westphal's results were coming out pretty much spot on averaging like 44-46 wins to 15-16 losses. KO for and against were averaging 28-30 / 8-10. Great!

Cavicchi's overall were really good also with wins a bit high 75-76 and his stoppages a bit high averaging around whiles losses/stopped were about 10-11 losses / 4-5 times stopped. Really good.

Our European correspondent, Charlie Parish noted in his coverage of the heavyweight matchup that Cavicchi was showing some of his good form that had made him a European champion.Despite Westphal's aggressiveness in the fight, Cavicchi never took a backward step to the German while himself displayed a good mix of skill and strength. Westphal took two trips to the canvas in the 9th round. The referee called the fight just as Westphal's corner threw in the towel to stop the fight.

That finishes us up in Bologna, Italy.
The attached files contain again just some fighter data and/or bio info added.
Attached Files
File Type: tbdx3 Cavicchi_Franco_HW_Retired_Prime.tbdx3 (2.7 KB, 65 views)
File Type: tbdx3 Westphal_Albert_HW_Retired_Prime.tbdx3 (2.4 KB, 68 views)
Old 01-30-2018, 09:26 PM   #1749
Rocco Del Sesto
Hall Of Famer

Jump about 4 years

Saturday 25, November 1961
Luxembourg, Luxembourg

Jean Huiban vs Ray Cillien HW's

So my next trip through the January 1958 Ring was actually taking us to Blois, France for a LHW matchup between German Gunter Huber and France's Gilbert Chapron. I actually rated these two gents way back when here something around 2005 I think. Gosh, we all have been banging around this Forum this long!! Anyway while looking at Gunter, who numerous on line records including BoxRec lists his name as Guenter. May very well be his birth spelling but Ring and Boxing News accounts I have of him spells it Gunter. I actually rated him previously as Hans Gunter Huber. Assuming that's how BoxRec had him then. I think they had him mixed up at the time with a heavyweight Hans Huber who fought Joe Frazier in the 1964 Olympics. Enough though on Gunter for the time being.

Anyway looking at Gunter's career on BoxRec to start setting up some playtesting, I was looking at his last career listed opponent Ray Cillien. Short career but with quite a few opponents that I had in my data base. In BoxRec's listing of Cillien's career it has a note about his 4th fight listed against Mariano Echevarria says that the Ring, Oct 1962 account of this fights says Cillien had fought 4 time previous. So I got to looking through my Ring Magazines and I found in the March 1962 Ring and account of a fight between Ray Cillien and Jean Huiban not listed n BoxRec, in either fighter's records. The Ring account says Cillien won in 6 rounds.Well also then seen I had Huiban in my data base. The file has ratings done by Bear and Romultiltus. So I decided I'd look at these two fighters, do some testing and present them here.

I found making some changes to Huiban. Got more stoppages for him than what I was getting. I've included my new rating along with Bear's and Romultiltus'. I can't say I'm overly satisfied with it yet. I had quite a few fighters in my data base that were opponents of both Cillien and Huiban to test against. But, with the included rating, Huiban's stoppages are better averaging around 4, but his W/L was still on average coming out 1-2 losses more than should. I welcome anyone to mess with this more. Like to get these better. But I want to move on back to Huber and Chapron.I updated the Huiban file with a little more info. BoxRec now lists his DOB. Some bio info added also, accounting for this matchup and adjustment that would appear to be needed to both fighter's records on BoxRec.
Attached Files
File Type: tbdx3 Cillien_Ray_HW_Retired_Prime.tbdx3 (2.8 KB, 79 views)
File Type: tbdx3 Huiban_Jean_HW_Retired_Prime.tbdx3 (3.2 KB, 64 views)
Old 01-31-2018, 09:21 PM   #1750
Rocco Del Sesto
Hall Of Famer

January 1958

JANUARY 1958 RING
Saturday 12, October 1957
Blois, Loir-et-Cher, France

Guenter Huber 4 20 0 L KO 4/8 Gilbert Chapron 10 0 0

Well back to the fight that got me side tracked momentarily to the Jean Huiban / Ray Cillien encounter. Not much accounted for on this fight from Charlie Parish. Chapron was coming into this undefeated thus far in the cruiser ranks around France. He takes down Huber who showing to be a game fighter out of Germany but without much success. I mentioned in the previous post that I'd rated both of these fighters back in the early days. I had Huber as Hans Gunter Huber. As explained think he was mixed up with Olympian heavyweight Hans Huber. Even though BoxRec and other things I found online have Huber's first name spelled Guenter, apparently birth name, I'm sticking with Gunter as that is what I've found in some accounts of his fights in Ring and Boxing News I have. His ring name for whatever reason. I've updated both ratings some and the usual data and bio stuff that I could pick up.
Attached Files
File Type: tbdx3 Huber_Gunter_LHW_Retired_Prime.tbdx3 (2.4 KB, 66 views)
File Type: tbdx3 Chapron_Gilbert_LHW_Retired_Prime.tbdx3 (2.0 KB, 58 views)
Old 02-07-2018, 08:23 PM   #1751
Rocco Del Sesto
Hall Of Famer

January 1958

JANUARY 1958 RING
Wednesday 16, October 1957
Milan, Lombardia, Italy

Giacomo Bozzano 12 0 0 W PTS 8/8 Uber Bacilieri 22 13 7

At the Sports Palace in Milan, Mio Bozzano easily outboxed the current Heavyweight champion of Italy, Uber Bacilieri. The account in Ring makes mention that Bozzano out fought the current national champion over 10 rounds!? BoxRec shows the fight as an 8 round affair. Both fighters had TBCB3 ratings. I ended adjusted both. You can compare and see which works better to your likely. Did some usual adding a bit of Bio and data info for each.

Bonino Allevi 7 2 0 W KO 2/8 Pietro Baldini 12 9 1

Another heavyweight matchup saw Bonino Allevi stop Pietro Baldini in the 2nd round. Charlie Parish's account spells Baldini's first name Piero. Probably a typo. Baldini took a brief count after being felled in the 2nd, and he stood as if ready to continue the fight, but he stood at the ropes with one hand gripping the ropes and so the referee continued the count and ended counting Baldini out. Crowd did not like it.
Allevi also had a TBCB3 rating which I again have included an adjusted one I played with. Baldini is one I had a rating from TB1 I believe. There was no account in the file of who did it. Searching the MODS did not turn him up. So I did some testing and playing with the ratings.
Old 02-07-2018, 08:37 PM   #1752
Rocco Del Sesto
Hall Of Famer

January 1958

JANUARY 1958 RING
Wednesday 16, October 1957
Milan, Lombardia, Italy

The night at the Sports Palace, Milan continues with some cruiser action...

Ottavio Panunzi 4 2 0 W PTS 6/6 Cesare Bagnoli 18 6 4

Panunzi whipped Bagnoli in a cruiser six. Short and sweet by our beat writer Charlie P. Both of these fighters I rated back in 2004-2005 and here they are updated.

Guido Mazzinghi 33 1 0 W TKO 2/10 Ilde Warusfel 25 9 1

Guido Mazzinghi a Middleweight all his career up to this fight marked his entry to the cruiser division against IIde Warusfel, stopping IIde in the 2nd round.Nothing else noted by Parish on these two cruiser matchups.
Old 02-13-2018, 08:50 PM   #1753
Rocco Del Sesto
Hall Of Famer

January 1958

JANUARY 1958 RING
Friday 18, October 1957
Ernst Merck Halle, Hamburg, Germany
Gate: 4500

Main event here at the Ernst Merck Halle was a middleweight matchup between Peter Mueller and undefeated Hans Wohlers. Mueller had fought quite a few bouts in the pasts, too many, as noted by Charlie Parish. Too many fights, many on short notice caught up to Mueller as Wohlers bounced one right hand punch after another off of Mueller's jaw and he slowly sank to the canvas to be counted out in the first round.

A quartet of Italians were on the undercard.

Santo Amonti 5 0 0 D PTS 6/6 Erwin Hack 8 5 1
Quick account of this fight noted Amonti was considered a great prospect in Italy. I've attached a file for Amonti only to added some bio info on the breakdown of his career as a LHW and then HW. My file had two different ratings for HW. Think one may have been done for his whole career and then different LWH and HW ratings later done. I Think David Myers did at least one of the ratings. Interesting that many accounts of Amonti's fights spell his first name Santi, but the account of this fight in Ring spells it Santo?

Erwin Hack I rated some time ago and have updated him quite a bit. Going through accounts of his fights through my Ring magazines found that he was a southpaw. BoxRec does not note this. I originally had him rated only as a HW but the majority of his career was as a LHW. As a HW he we very unsuccessful. I've noted in his Bio some info on the breakdown of his career as a LHW and then when he appear to move up to the heavies. A move that proved ill advised with the added weight on his frame.

Uwe Janssen 17 5 3 W KO 1/6 Andre Cottyn 16 2 0

Cruiser action between Uwe Janssen and Andre Cottyn as Janssen knocking ot Cottyn in the first round. Cottyn after winning his first 14 bouts was in the mist of loosing 5 of his last 8 to finish. I had a rating in my DB that dated back to TB1 I believe. I've updated and adjusted it. Could not find much on him. Accounts in Ring of his fights with Robert Eugene and Marcel Limage refer to the bouts as heavyweight fights. Would appear Cottyn had moved up to the heavies late in his career but, I rated him only as a LHW. Janssen we visited a few postings back.
Attached Files
File Type: tbdx3 Amonti_Santo_LHW_Retired_Prime.tbdx3 (3.1 KB, 62 views)
File Type: tbdx3 Cottyn_Andre_LHW_Retired_Prime.tbdx3 (1.8 KB, 62 views)
File Type: tbdx3 Hack_Erwin_LHW_Retired_Prime.tbdx3 (3.2 KB, 52 views)
Old 03-06-2018, 09:09 PM   #1754
Rocco Del Sesto
Hall Of Famer

January 1958

JANUARY 1958 RING
Saturday 19, October 1957
Roma, Lazio, Italy

Finally back to work. Have not been totally off TB. As I was working on these fighters I ran across in the Jan 3 1958 first year edition of Boxing News a rating listing of British Fighters. As a diversion, I went through the HW and LHW ranking lists and did a bunch of preliminary rating of fighters I did not have yet or had and started some file updating. So when I get to the "News of the British Isles" in Jan 1958 Ring I hope I'll have some head start on some guys we'll see in Johnny Sharpes fight accounts. So been busy with some things in the background. Also had to go out of town for a week.

Domenico Baccheschi 10 3 2 L PTS 8/8 Rocco Mazzola 14 1 1

Charlie Parish notes that Rocco opens up the fight "very cocksure" against Baccheschi but,Baccheschi soon showed some powerful attacks to Mazzola's head and body and in the 2nd round sent Mazzola down for an 8 count.Mazzola seemed to work his way back into control of the fight, but the crowd was rather stunned with the points verdict in his favor.

Mazzola of course we visited a little bit ago so nothing new or file for him. Baccheschi I rated way back in 2003. Gosh almost 15 years ago! So I've done some updating of him with some new testing. Added some bio info to include in the new file attached.

Giulio Rinaldi 3 1 0 W TKO 5/6 Aldo Brunetti 1 3 0

This fight Parish makes just brief mention of as both fighters were very early in their careers. I do provide new files for each with some twists for each.
Aldo Brunetti, the file I had had ratings by Romultiltus and Bear both which were HW ratings as he is listed in BoxRec. I did a LHW rating based on his opponents were pretty much seen as MW and LWH. The Feb 1959 Ring account of his fight with Plinio Scarabellin notes it as a cruiser fight, LHW. The April 1959 Ring notes the Brunetti/Panunzi fight as a cruiser match. So here's a tweeked LHW version included of Brunetti.

Now Rinaldi there was a TBCB3 DB Team rating of him as a LHW. When doing some reading into Rinaldi, there's three distinct periods of his career, LHW, which was the Prime of his career, the he switch to HW which was not very successful then in dropped back to LWH to end his career. I've done three different new ratings included in the file, LHW Prime, HW Post Prime and LHW End. Try them out, see what you think.

I outline in more detail the breakdown of his career in his Bio to give you a little more info.
Old 03-07-2018, 08:53 PM   #1755
Rocco Del Sesto
Hall Of Famer

January 1958

JANUARY 1958 RING
Saturday 26, October 1957
Coutances, Manche, France

Gilbert Chapron 11 0 0 W KO 2/8 Ray Schmit 20 14 5

The account of this fight got mixed up with another fight at Grosseto between EBU(European) Welterweight Champion Emilio Marconi and Turkish lightweight Ziyaris Taki. Part of the article on this fight got misprinted into the fight between Chapron and Schmit. Correct part of the article noted that Schmit was KO'd in the 2nd round of the cruiser fight.

Chapron I posted a few postings back in his matchup against Gunter Huber. Ray Schmit I posted originally a few years ago.Updated him here tweeking his ratings some. This turned to be Schmit's 2nd to last career fight.
Attached Files
File Type: tbdx3 Schmit_Ray_LHW_Retired_Prime.tbdx3 (1.8 KB, 55 views)
Old 03-11-2018, 02:04 PM   #1756
Waltercito
All Star Reserve

Günter Huber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocco Del Sesto View Post
JANUARY 1958 RING
Saturday 12, October 1957
Blois, Loir-et-Cher, France

Guenter Huber 4 20 0 L KO 4/8 Gilbert Chapron 10 0 0
His correct name is Günter Huber. Since the german "Umlauts" like "ü" don't exist in english, names with said umlauts get often translated without them (Gunter), but the correct translation would be Guenter. This is especially important in the case of this name, since both Günter and Gunter are both legitimate german names (as well as Gunther and Günther).

German umlauts are transcripted like this:

Ü = ue
Ä = ae
Ö = oe

Regards,

Walter

Last edited by Waltercito; 03-23-2018 at 01:01 PM.
Waltercito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 05:26 AM   #1757
Rocco Del Sesto
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waltercito View Post
His correct name is Günter Huber. Since the german "Umlauts" like "ü" doesn't exist in english, names with said umlauts get often translated without them (Gunter), but the correct translation would be Guenter. This is especially important in the case of this name, since both Günter and Gunter are both legitimate german names (as well as Gunther and Günther).

German umlauts are transcripted like this:

Ü = ue
Ä = ae
Ö = oe

Regards,

Walter
Thank you Walter for the explanation! I never understood the .. symbol.

Rocco
Old 03-16-2018, 09:26 PM   #1758
Rocco Del Sesto
Hall Of Famer

January 1958

JANUARY 1958 RING
Sunday 20, October 1957
Torino, Piemonte, Italy

Uber Bacilieri 22 14 7 W KO 9/10 Alain Cherville 22 7 1

Alain Cherville was the reigning Belgium heavyweight title holder when he was stopped in the 9th round of a scheduled 10 by Uber Bacilieri. Cherville suffered from cut eyes in the fight.

I visited Bacilieri in an earlier posting. I've updated Cherville just a hair upping his HP 1 point from the TBCB3 rating for him. Looking through the annual Ring rankings they had Cherville listed in the annual B group rated heavyweights from 1959 thru 1963. Not sure I'd have rated him that high. He stood up though against a good number of the name heavies in the Europe during that period.
Attached Files
File Type: tbdx3 Cherville_Alain_HW_Retired_Prime.tbdx3 (2.2 KB, 53 views)
Old 03-20-2018, 08:40 PM   #1759
Rocco Del Sesto
Hall Of Famer

Slowly working on various fighters

I know it looks very slow going with what I'm getting posted, but, just to let you know I am working on different fighters here in the back ground so to speak. I get side tracked creating different very fringe fighters to fill out schedules for fighters working on in the 1958 Ring to help look at some guys I find difficult coming up with what I think reasonable accurate ratings.

Case in point I'm working Massimo Zanaboni who comes up in a fight with Horst Herold. Zanaboni is one of those guys with a very good record and you can tend to maybe over rate him. I rated him way back I think it was around 2004 with an overall 3 rating. He later got done by the TBCB3 team and down rated to a 0. I have very good number of fighters he fought in my data base from various sources and after building a test schedule with them I was not seeing results from him anywhere near his record, from that TBCB3 rating consistently coming out with a loosing record. My initial rerating was putting back up to a 3 with various category changes to get his rating to come up more to actual record. But, looking at his overall career opponents, I admit I'm having a hard time seeing him as an overall 3. Maybe a 1 or 2? So I'm spending time looking at some of the ratings of his opponents in my DB along with some I don't have and working on their ratings checking them out to see out accurate they may be.

Anyway, like I said, not standing still with working on this project, just trying to dig deeper with some of these fighters to cross check/play test various ones. In the mean time its starting to build me a little back log of "fringe" guys that will eventually share with you.

Last edited by Rocco Del Sesto; 03-20-2018 at 08:43 PM.
Old 04-07-2018, 01:38 PM   #1760
Rocco Del Sesto
Hall Of Famer

January 1958

JANUARY 1958 RING
Sunday 27, October 1957
Grosseto, Toscana, Italy

Massimo Zanaboni 5 0 0 WPTS 6/6 Horst Herold 2 10 3

Mentioned awhile back I started working on Zanaboni for this posting and was really struggling with his rating. I'd done Zanaboni quite a long time ago rated overall as a 3. He later was updated by the TBCB3 group for the game and was down graded to a 0 overall. Started play testing with that file and just found him not performing anything near his record. Played with it for some time. Finished with an overall of 2 which is what's included in the attached file with the TBCB3 game. I'm still not over happy with it, but, decided to post it anyway. Others can play with it.

In their matchup in Grosseto back in October 1957, Zanaboni bested Horst Herold in 6 rounds. That's all the account by Charlie Parish narrates. Herold is another guy I'd done quite a long time ago. I've updated him here for you.
Attached Files
File Type: tbdx3 Herold_Horst_HW_Retired_Prime.tbdx3 (1.7 KB, 52 views)
File Type: tbdx3 Zanaboni_Massimo_HW_Retired_Prime.tbdx3 (2.2 KB, 49 views)